• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Modeling Competition #10 - Elementals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another WIP. I've added the head and arms. I went for the stalactite crown thing for his head. I'm going to have his arms heavily bent in the anims, so it wont look so stupid later.

Attachments

• EarthElemental3.jpg
    EarthElemental3.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 200
New WIP:

I decided, as Xatoga suggested, to use IG textures. That was not quite easy to find a fittable one, so I used a combined
- Northrend doodads for the overall looking
- Ice texture to lighten the base texture (Additive)

I also added some particles in almost all joins (with a 5p/s diffusion so won't lag the game... i hope)

The head, though, has to be rewrapped, it s**** like hell -_-

It has 580 polies.

Attachments

• Elem textured 1.jpg
    Elem textured 1.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 204
  • Elem textured 2.jpg
    Elem textured 2.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 201
  • Elem textured 3.jpg
    Elem textured 3.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 187

TDR

TDR

Level 18
I finished the model & unwrap. Now I'm texturing it.
It doesn't look like much without the texture and particles :p
I'll have to put the nails in the texture, for already it has too many polygons due to the damned chains.

Attachments

• pain elemental_wip_01.jpg
    pain elemental_wip_01.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 177

TDR

TDR

Level 18
But then they don't deform properly. The way TDR did them, he will assign each to a new bone, thus they will "deform" correctly (move actually, not really deform). You are using IK for that?

Spot on. And yes, I'll be using IK. Animating chain-like objects with FK is guts-boiling, I did it once, will never do it again.
Here's a little progress on the texture.

Attachments

• pain-elemental_wip_02.jpg
    pain-elemental_wip_02.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 202

TDR

TDR

Level 18
It was a compliment, as it follows the concept so closely.

I wasn't refering to you, I was talking about the "game over, you win" thing. We just posted at the same time.

As stated before, an elemental is a magical thing made mainly out of a specific element/thing. This dude is made out of pain. Does he look like he's feeling particularly comfortable to you?
Also, there was a Pain Elemental in Doom, and that's sacred. Period. And he looked less like an elemental than mine.

If it won't pass through I couldn't care less though.

Level 13
I wasn't refering to you, I was talking about the "game over, you win" thing. We just posted at the same time.

As stated before, an elemental is a magical thing made mainly out of a specific element/thing. This dude is made out of pain. Does he look like he's feeling particularly comfortable to you?
Also, there was a Pain Elemental in Doom, and that's sacred. Period. And he looked less like an elemental than mine.

If it won't pass through I couldn't care less though.

An elemental is a magical being composed of one element. That thing clearly aint fit to the theme, but it looks cool anyway. If you take some drugs or something the pain goes away, so would it still be pain elemental? I say its pretty hard to define pain for a model.

Well I dont mind if you dont get disqualifed with that model, just felt like saying something.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
The feet were mainly for extra gruesomeness, and I was thinking that during the walk animation I might make 2 of the shackles each grap a foot and move it as it walks.

If you take some drugs or something the pain goes away, so would it still be pain elemental?

That's like saying that if you take a bucket of water and pour it on fire, there goes the fire, so there can't be a fire elemental...Irrelevant.

Level 13
The feet were mainly for extra gruesomeness, and I was thinking that during the walk animation I might make 2 of the shackles each grap a foot and move it as it walks.

That's like saying that if you take a bucket of water and pour it on fire, there goes the fire, so there can't be a fire elemental...Irrelevant.

no it aint...then the fire elemental would die. does the pain elemental die if it feels no pain?

Status
Not open for further replies.