• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model edits and icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have only recently returned to Hive Workshop. My friend and I have been working to post an altered melee expansion. It is set inbetween Frozen Throne and WoW Vanilla in terms of the timeline. In addition to the original 4 playable races we have added 8 more. Naga, Blood Elf (gnomes have been used to replace blood elves in the Alliance), Demon, Draenor Resistance, Dark Horde, Bandit, Fel Orc, and Pandaren. We are going to great lengths to be lore-friendly but there are some issues we simply cannot address since we are not model makers or artists. I'm hoping that there will be enough interest to help us with these model edits and some few other issues. The biggest issue is the severe lack of icons for so many of the great models on this site. As the longest list I will post the needs for icons last. Again I hope there is enough interest to help us with this. I think most of these resources and edits would be very useful to the community at large.

First, Does anyone know how to ADD an UI. Every tutorial we found is about REPLACING an existing UI or using a campaign UI.

I hope that some of you great model makers out there will answer the call. We could really use the 3 following models (I also think the community would love them!) I'm linking pics of the WoW version of these units but of course we want WC3 classic style versions (with team color!) and we need icons to match:

-Pandaren Cloudserpent (AKA Chinese dragon, green is preferred) File:Cloud serpent.png

-Riderless Dragonhawk (no saddle, reddish Sunreaver coloration is preferred) Sunreaver Dragonhawk

We have no desire to intentionally or unintentionally take credit for someone's work. WE currently have a 42 page credits file that will be posted with our map/pack. All of these requests have been preceded by a private message and a reply to the OP to document the request to alter the resource. Feel free to make the request yourself if necessary. Most are really basic and could be done quickly (I assume) by someone that knows what they are doing. We will of course give credit to anyone that helps us (in addition to the OP)!

We need the following models to have Hero Glow added (and no the old way of adding teamglow through an ability like sphere or an aura does not work because it loses team color):

-Eversong Lynx Eversong Lynx (also needs team color)

- Clockwork Horror Clockwork Horror

We need the following models to have team color:

-Eversong Lynx Eversong Lynx

-Lion Male Lion Male

-RPG Dark Iron Dwarf RPGDarkIron

(also needs decay animations) Maybe this helmet could be added to model (team color doesn't work with a modified “sphere” ability) Black Steel Helmet (Teamcolored)

-Villager255 Villager 255 Animations

Perhaps this attachment could be added to the model? bandana

-Yangu-chi - Yangu-chi

-Pandarian Hut (Shelter) Pandarian Hut (Shelter) (Also needs proper birth, death and decay anims)

-Pandarian Hall (Research Center) Pandarian Hall (Research Center) (Also needs proper birth, death and decay anims)

-Pandarian Wall Pandarian Wall (Wall, Enhanced Wall) (Also needs proper birth, death and decay anims)

-Pandarian Sanctuary Pandarian Sanctuary (Advanced Research Center) (Also needs proper birth, death and decay anims)

-Pandarian Elemental Shrine Pandarian Elemental Shrine - Element Well (Also needs proper birth, death and decay anims)

We need the following buildings to have a Human-like birth/build and Death/decay animations:

-Pandarian Hut (Shelter) Pandarian Hut (Shelter)

-Pandarian Hall (Research Center) Pandarian Hall (Research Center)

-Pandarian Wall Pandarian Wall (Wall, Enhanced Wall)

-Pandarian Sanctuary Pandarian Sanctuary (Advanced Research Center)

-Pandarian Elemental Shrine Pandarian Elemental Shrine - Element Well

We need the following models to have decay animations:

-RPG Dark Iron Dwarf RPGDarkIron

-Female Beastmaster Beast master Female

-Rampager Rampager

- Cyclopean Battlelord Cyclopean Battlelord

The following Models needs the portrait camera angle fixed

- PandarenNBack pandarenNback2

-Skeleton Ogre Skeleton Ogre

We need the following buildings to have an Undead birth/build:

-Chaos Fountain of Blood Chaos Fountain of Blood

-Chaos Spirit Gateway Chaos Spirit Gateway

-Demonic Sanctuary DemonicSanctuary

And Finally the list of models that (as far as I can tell!) do not have icons. PLEASE HELP!:

-Ramvfinal RamvFinal

--Exemplar Bloodelf Experimental Units Pack

-Voyager Rocket - Blood Elven Voyager

-Eredar Witch -Eredar Witch

-Mo'arg Brute Mo'arg Brute

-Rend Blackhand Warchief Rend Blackhand

-Altar of Honor Monument Of Honor / Altar of Honor

-Goddess of War Goddess of War

-Bloodelf Pikeman Bloodelf Pikeman

-Paladin of the Alliance Crusade Paladin of the Alliance Crusade

I know that is a lot. But it is mostly icons for models that don't have any. Most of the rest of the stuff is probably pretty easy if you know what you are doing

Last edited:
Level 21
full

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I love how we have all these faction-designers coming out of the woodwork. : )

Would love to see what you have planned for your factions (especially Pandaren). Speaking of which, @xYours Trulyx has a Pandaren entry in the latest Techtree Contest & I think he may have modified the assets he used in ways that might be useful to you guys...

Level 4
I love how we have all these faction-designers coming out of the woodwork. : )

Would love to see what you have planned for your factions (especially Pandaren). Speaking of which, @xYours Trulyx has a Pandaren entry in the latest Techtree Contest & I think he may have modified the assets he used in ways that might be useful to you guys...

Thanks! I've actually already gotten everything in this post except the wyrmtongue model I am hoping to get from Diegoit. The main issue we have now is that we are idiots with triggers and need a little help

Status
Not open for further replies.