• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Roost (Dragon) and Derivatives

Ujimasa Hojo Presents

Roost (Dragon) and Derivatives
Edited by Ujimasa Hojo

Roost (Green Dragon, Optimized) Info:

• Modified the Green Dragon Roost for melee use.
  • Add the Night Birth animation. Replaced the Death effects with that of Night Elves'.
  • Minor polishing of texture wrapping. Added Team Colored portions.

• Uploaded.

Roost (Red Dragon, Optimized) Info:
  • Modified the Red Dragon Roost for melee use.
  • Add the Orc Birth animation.
  • Minor polishing of texture wrapping. Added Team Colored portions.

• Uploaded.

Roost (Nether Dragon, Illidari) Info:

• Uploaded.

• Wrapping of texture over head adjusted. Covered the holes as well.

Keywords:
Dragon, Roost

Author's Notes and Trivia:
  • Optimized models have built-in portrait animations, fixed bugs (if there were any), additional animation (if applicable). These can be used to serve as a template for alternative skins if you want to keep the original skin and model.
  • Check out Ujimasa Hojo's Maps and Resources Discussions, and Tutorials. Please reply in these threads instead.
  • Check out the map and the model previews at my Youtube, BitChute, DailyMotion, and Rumble Channels as well and hopefully subscribe. Follow me on Twitter.
  • While I do these stuff as a hobby, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to accept donations from our more fortunate Hivers I suppose :p.
    • My PayPal is here.
    • My Patreon is here.
    • My SubscribeStar is here.
Previews
Contents

Roost (Green Dragon, Optimized) (Model)

Roost (Illidari) (Model)

Roost (Red Dragon, Optimized) (Model)

Reviews
Misha 29th May 2013 Moderator's Review: lill simple, but cool edit, neat. the stairs could use a better texture, and i dunno what's that brownish thing on top of those two stair-support pillars. you could change that lookin' cool, only...

M

88b8c096c14d2181b2e61de7191420f7_67524.png
separator.gif
Misha
separator.gif
29th May 2013
Moderator's Review: lill simple, but cool edit, neat. the stairs could use a better texture, and i dunno what's that brownish thing on top of those two stair-support pillars. you could change that

lookin' cool, only the orc-y build anim geosets are lill odd.. do you think you could make them human-ish as well?

19:30, 22 Jan 2014
Kwaliti:

Some material parts are still one-sided. Make sure they are two-sided to prevent transparency when rotating the model.

EDIT: Changes made, resource approved.

Level 8
Look interesting :) But why doesn't it approved now? Maybe we can use for caveman building... or replace human barracks.

Level 13
Your scorched stuff is awful :(
It makes no sense building burned and destroyed buildings.
If it could be more bony or somehow spooky/creepy it would be acceptable from my point of view.

Edit: Should it be part of a new race or only decoration? For the purpose of decoration it is ok.

Level 60
Your scorched stuff is awful :(
It makes no sense building burned and destroyed buildings.
If it could be more bony or somehow spooky/creepy it would be acceptable from my point of view.

Edit: Should it be part of a new race or only decoration? For the purpose of decoration it is ok.

They're decorations. There are already ones in game like that of the Scorched Farm and Scorched Tower. Just completing the set. I was thinking it could be used for campaigns even.

Level 12
Okay, since i can't talk to you otherwise, here's a doublepost.. Make a version that uses onyx netherdrake skin as well, will ya?

No need for that my friend
Just Discovered that the roost is compatible by simply replacing the texture with another one and renaming the new texture to "NWPurpleby67chrome"

LOL. My bad. I forgot to actually upload the updated model. Fixed it now.
eeexcellent xP although, the netherdrake roost really lacks some important bits that would make it much neater. its the crystal teeth, crystal head horn facing to the back, and the fish-like tail fin. and lastly, the eggs being somewhat of a dark crystal, or obsidian-ish

if ya want to make a much fuller version any time, please set its texture to my Onyx Netherdrake xP