• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icon Contest #14 - Seven Deadly Sins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
user160036_pic59500_1342547064-png.241100

icon.png
contest.png
number.png
1.png
4.png

Seven%20Deadly%20Sins.jpg

Seven Deadly Sins
Contestants are required to draw four out of seven deadly sins (gluttony, lust, wrath, greed, pride, sloth and envy) - and you can draw them either in the form of abilities, or items. You can draw more than four icons and represent all seven of them, but your overall score will not increase. Note that whichever option you go for, the icons must represent the selected sin in an interesting and creative enough ways.

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• No submission may violate any of the site rules, and all icons must abide standard icon submission rules.
  • Active and disabled versions of all icons are required.
  • The icons must be made specifically for the contest. No previous works are allowed.
  • Works in progress (WIPs) of the icons are both encouraged and required as they keep the contest active and prove it's your work.
  • The icons must be uploaded to the section with a note saying it participates in this contest. (.blp files only!)
  • Judges may not participate in the contest. Host can participate, but in that case, judging will be sent to a different person.
  • It is strongly advised that you keep your original large image files to prove your authenticity if the need arise to do so.
  • All submissions must follow the current theme.
prizes.png

• First Place: 45 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
  • Second Place: 30 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 15 reputation points and an award icon

judges.png

• Heinvers
  • Sin'dorei300

• Each judge will receive 5 reputation points.

contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

Blizzard Feeling
Icons should be executed in such a manner that they can be implemented in a Warcraft map, compliment other Blizzard icons and replace the existing ones.10%

Theme
Your icons should represent the aspects of your chosen theme. Variety between your icons is an important condition.20%

Creativity
The icons' originality and uniqueness are vitally important.35%

Technical Note
The quality of the icons is the most important thing (throwing a lot of elements in a 64x64 image will usually look crowded)35%

• 75 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 25 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll

contest%20dates%20and%20deadline.png

• The contest shall begin on 6th of June, 2016 and conclude on 26th of July, 2016, GMT

Contest's Moderator: Apheraz Lucent

Last edited by a moderator:

Roland

R

Roland

This adit techno sure sounds like me when it comes to hosting a contest :b and I don't understand in this "(Note that you also need psychological knowledge)" Thingy magingy, Can you explain that please?

Oh man.

I should get Sin'dorei300.

The moderator (or staff member) that approves it is the applied moderator. And since it's not approved..

No. That's not needed.

I'm not the assigned moderator.

Word of advice Adit. It's obvious that you're quite eager to host a proper contest, BUT, that should not inquire you to rush with things such as these.
Always ask a moderator first if he's willing to back up the contest you started before adding him as the assigned one.

The theme, however, should stay since it could bring out some sweet concepts around for icons :)

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Without an assigned Moderator, your contest cannot
be official.

You cannot simply assign a moderator or assign yourself.
You have to ASK a mod to do it.

If you really want this contest to be public, create
a thread in Staff Contact and kindly ask if a mod would be
willing to host your contest.

This is the only way for you to get the contest
official and approved.

Level 16
Level 50
Things I don't understand:
Why is in-game screenshot needed?
Does wip necessarily need to be big image in case if someone goes down to 64x64 size editing before he does significant changes on larger scales?

Side note: Judging seems to have some awkward and vague points. Probably because they were just a copy paste from previous contest. Not to get into details about all the points, I think it is obvious that there are many flaws in intro post.

Also my opinion is that there is no need for deadline to be in August. One month is just enough time to make four icons.

Last edited:
These are the rules for a long time now:

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• Active and disabled versions of all icons are required.
  • No plain screenshots (or shallowly modified) icons are permitted, only scratch/freehand work is allowed.
  • The icons must be made specifically for the contest. No previous works are allowed.
  • Blizzard icon naming conventions must be followed: BTNAttack*.blp etc.
  • Works in progress (WIPs) of the icons are encouraged as they keep the contest active.
  • The icons must be physically attached to a post when complete. (.blp files only!)
  • An in-game screenshot must be included with all submissions.
  • Judges may not participate in the contest.
  • No irrelevant, non-constructive or off-topic posts will be tolerated in this thread.
  • It is strongly advised that you keep your original large image files to prove your authenticity if the need arise to do so.
  • Only icons for unit\hero models are allowed.
, but the in-game screenshot rule became almost optional, lately.
Yes, the WIP is necessarily to be a big image, to prove that the image in question is yours/100% work from scratch. And any contestant should provide a big pic.
About deadline, not every contestant has so much free time, so we are reasonable about this.
These should be the judging criteria:
209577-albums5234-picture86383.png

Side note: Judging seems to have some awkward and vague points. Probably because they were just a copy paste from previous contest. Not to get into details about all the points, I think it is obvious that there are many flaws in intro post.Also my opinion is that there is no need for deadline to be in August. One month is just enough time to make four icons.

The criteria has been changed some time ago. The contest rules from the Templates/Resources thread/s however, haven't been updated to reflect the current standing.
Supposedly, he didn't check the last contests either.

~The deadline is way over scheduled. A contest lasts roughly a month and some days(usually 2 or 3). On the other hand, campaign contests last 2 months.
Icon contests last one month so.....we're having a dilemma here as to why this has been altered to last almost 3 months.

Roland

R

Roland

You should wait, You have to concept a description for your Notice of your contest. "Release your mischievous creativity in: "Icon Contest #14 - Seven Deadly Sins"

Roland

R

Roland

Dude, It's up to you, You're the one who's hosting this biz, I was only giving you some recommendations for the notice text~

Status
Not open for further replies.