• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I am Granite

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.

i_am_granite-jpg.468755

Story​

Humans are playing at yet another one of Nature's amazing places. Destroying and defiling everything on their path without thinking about the consequences. Extracting resources for their ugly buildings and silly toys. Scorching pristine forests for the expansion of their abominable crops, consumed by their livestock. Humans are spreading like a cancer. Multiplying like a virus. The only animals left, are those that curl at their feet, or those that learn to flee upon hearing the sound of their approach.

History​

Map by Toadcop. It was originally made for wc3campaigns.net's Spell Making Session #10 (and won?).

Gameplay​

You can crush the humans using your Stones ability. Stones that don't hit any targets can be re-thrown using normal attacks.
Contents

I am Granite (Map)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Permission from the original author for editing and uploading is mandatory, even more so for the source code.
What's different in this version?

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 8
The original source code is in the map's Trigger Editor. The source code attached on the first post is my rewrite of it in C (the parts that I could understand at least).

What's different in this version?
The spell is simplified (not as much stones falling). I think the collision with the buildings is more accurate. There's a leaderboard tracking how many units and buildings remain to be crushed. Some fade-in-out effects and a silly ending/congratulations when the player is done with all the enemy units.

Level 8
Alright, still, we need to see you've tried contacting the author for permission or a map file or post from the author that explicitly allows further edit and upload.

I think he is/was from Ukraine. There is non 0 chance that he might be dead (the ongoing war, perhaps). Would you like me try and contact his closest relatives or offspring instead? I am sure they will be happy to resolve our little predicament.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I think he is/was from Ukraine. There is non 0 chance that he might be dead (the ongoing war, perhaps). Would you like me try and contact his closest relatives or offspring instead? I am sure they will be happy to resolve our little predicament.
Please don't joke lightly of something serious like the war in Ukraine to defend your map permission cause. It's only honourable to first try to get permission and show that you tried before editing and spreading someone else's work.

Level 8
Please don't joke lightly of something serious like the war in Ukraine to defend your map permission cause.
Sheesh, for someone whose avatar image is literally that of the Joker, you take it a bit too seriously. The dude (Toadcop) seems to have been inactive for a very long time here, I am not going to bother him about stuff like this (I am sure he has other things to worry about, like the ongoing war, remember?). The original map is from 2008. When do copyrights for w3x maps expire anyway? I've mentioned that he is the original author of the map and that this map is a rewrite of that. I've linked his steam workshop page. What else do you want me to do? Why can't you turn a blind eye and let me plagiarize in peace... ffs! :^)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Sheesh, for someone whose avatar image is literally that of the Joker, you take it a bit too seriously. The dude (Toadcop) seems to have been inactive for a very long time here, I am not going to bother him about stuff like this (I am sure he has other things to worry about, like the ongoing war, remember?). The original map is from 2008. When do copyrights for w3x maps expire anyway? I've mentioned that he is the original author of the map and that this map is a rewrite of that. I've linked his steam workshop page. What else do you want me to do? Why can't you turn a blind eye and let me plagiarize in peace... ffs! :^)
Please write a message about it to his HIVE profile (Toadcop) and put a screenshot of that in the map thread description. Thank you.

Level 8
I told you, I am not going to bother him about silly stuff like this.

Though, I think there's a valuable lesson here. Being honest about things in life leads to silly conversations like the ones we are having. If I wrote "oephun" in the author field of the map and deleted the triggers from the trigger editor, would you even have known that Toadcop was the map's author? We would both be on our merry ways eating mămăligă and watching old episodes of The Simpsons (or whatever you are doing). I am glad that I didn't. I would not be doing this wonderful back-and-forth with you... so thank you!

PS: If Toadcop ever reads this thread I am 99% certain he is going to laugh his ass off.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Though, I think there's a valuable lesson here. Being honest about things in life leads to silly conversations like the ones we are having. If I wrote "oephun" in the author field of the map and deleted the triggers from the trigger editor, would you even have known that Toadcop was the map's author? We would both be on our merry ways eating mămăligă and watching old episodes of The Simpsons (or whatever you are doing). I am glad that I didn't. I would not be doing this wonderful back-and-forth with you... so thank you!
The actual lesson is to be fully honest and do the right thing. Not only you haven't tried beforehand but you are totally unwilling to do so after as well. And sketching passive aggressive insults shows your prejudicial good character too.
Bottom line is, no permission get try, no approval. Good night.