• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Had a Wonderful Stay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
It is true that I have been a part of this site for a year and a few months, and I have enjoyed my time here.

However, various circumstances lead me to the conclusion that it would be in the best interests of myself and the site to tender my resignation as part of the staff. This, I believe, would be most beneficial to the site. Some of the regulars and staff around Hive will be better able to articulate the reasons behind this that I cannot - mainly the discussions that have come about in the staff forums as well as certain actions on my part that have met with disapproval from the general populace of the forums.

I really wish to avoid all of the disagreements between the different members of the staff and the long-winded arguments that have become part of daily life around here at Hive - it seems that it would be better for me to stay away from this climate.

I don't believe I shall be leaving completely. You may still spot me around helping here or there, or possibly in the chat. But I will probably be less active due to the end of school coming soon and the fact that I, as a senior, will be very busy around the graduation time. So with a warm farewell to all of you I have met at Hive, I will take my leave. And to all of you who may know what it means,

Se onr sverdar sitja hvass!

Level 22
Well, there were some comments made about the communism April Fools joke that led me to this decision.
And just as a note, I'll stay around for another day or so to clean up this communism stuff. Since I created it, I know how best to fix it.

Level 22
No, I'm just saying that part of the reason that I finally decided to leave is due to the communism April Fools joke.
As far as wanting me to leave, the fact that you want me to stay is nice. :) But I think that it is in the best interests of the site as a whole that I step down. I know some people will be sad, but I think Hive can benefit more without me.

Level 1
As far as wanting me to leave, the fact that you want me to stay is nice. :) But I think that it is in the best interests of the site as a whole that I step down. I know some people will be sad, but I think Hive can benefit more without me.
I Disagree. I Disagree. I Disagree.
Do not step down.

Level 1
One more thing Ghan.
If you think that Hive will benefit without you then try to explain how you got the user award in the same year you joined? The reason is simple because people thought you worked nicely.

Level 1
But still Ralle thought he was doing nicely.
I personally think he is very helpful. Whenever i asked any question he gave an answer every time with what i will call patience. Patience because sometimes my questions just turn out to be foolish.

Level 14
No, I'm just saying that part of the reason that I finally decided to leave is due to the communism April Fools joke.

How exactly will it benefit? Sure, there were a few complaints here and there, but most of the users respect you and all the time you've put into the Hive. Can't you just ignore the select few that are disagreeing with you and think statistically? I mean, nobody can be all good and sometimes you might have even made a wrong decision, but you've made good and even great decisions more frequently.

Statistically you are more helpful as an admin than as a user. Now, I'm not saying that you shouldn't leave if you have personal business(like the fact that you are finishing school) but if you're leaving because of a few bad apples then I can't really see the sense in it.

Level 1
How exactly will it benefit? Sure, there were a few complaints here and there, but most of the users respect you and all the time you've put into the Hive. Can't you just ignore the select few that are disagreeing with you and think statistically? I mean, nobody can be all good and sometimes you might have even made a wrong decision, but you've made good and even great decisions more frequently.

Statistically you are more helpful as an admin than as a user. Now, I'm not saying that you shouldn't leave if you have personal business(like the fact that you are finishing school) but if you're leaving because of a few bad apples then I can't really see the sense in it.
I Agree.

Level 34
I like communism! :D

motivaional_communism.jpeg

Don't resign! D:

Level 14
Resigning is bad form for an April Fool's joke, really bad form. I'm seriously disappointed that you think this is funny, Ghan.

Level 14
That doesn't make this any less detestable. There's a line that one can cross in an April Fool's joke and this is way past it.

Level 22
I would say the line goes more in direction of 'real life happenings'.

I don't think internet has any line for April fools jokes.
-Though, resigning would be kinda bad, cause some people would think it was for real, and make a fool of themselves, and some people might think 'hah, this is a joke' and not say anything, where it might've been for real.

Level 14
Imagine if Blizzard said as their April Fool's joke that SC2's release date was a week from now. You can bet your ass that thousands of fans would call that 'crossing the line.' For the case of a site and a prominent admin at said site resigning, this is of similar stupor.

Level 34
Five bucks says this is a joke itself.

Well, I got quite the faith in that statement, because off the last five mods here who announced that they were resigning and leaving permanently the site, only one kept his promise.

Plus the rep they gained as a no-don't-go gift for them.

I don't think we've seen the last of Ghan (and Brad)..

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Well, I got quite the faith in that statement, because off the last five mods here who announced that they were resigning and leaving permanently the site, only one kept his promise.

I never said I was leaving permanently, and this is the first time I've been here in ages. I'm only popping in to take the piss out of everything...

Level 40

Who would those five mods be?

Level 22
April Fools

No, I will not be leaving at this time. I know I convinced some of you - and some of you saw right through the plan.

Part of the reason I did this was to highlight some issues, not just to have a good time with a joke. The problems I mentioned are not fake - there are disagreements and many of them. And no, I don't really like having them. But I'm just not going to let them determine my future.

The most important thing, however, is that I would like to extend a thanks to all of you who posted kind comments and farewells - they meant more to me than you know. Thank you! :)

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed the Russian extravaganza that we had here for a day. But now all has been put right. Things have been restored to normal. But I have a feeling that Ralle would have had a fit if I had really decided to leave. I hope now that I can continue to be helpful to the site and continue to contribute to the wealth of Hive.

Happy April Fools' Day, everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.