• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Leaving wc3search

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I Didn't make that post that even got stickied in vain.

Anyways what triggered this was that I just spent my post Calculus II weekend on updating some old spell templates, on this map:

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=966

But some genius voted one on that resource WITHOUT EVEN DOWNLOADING IT. (YES I am sure, because the download counter was at 0 downloads)

So everybody, thank that guy, I am leaving this site, I will move my spells from wc3search to wc3campaigns, and make threads about them in the forum I just got there.

That added to the fact that Darky28 is too busy to mantain the site, and that the average attitude did not change at all. Makes me leave the site.

No real problem with the staff they are all good persons, And Darky28 is too, but he being so busy doesn't give this site too much hopes

My spells will stay for as much as a week, or if the staff here finds it appropiated, they will get deleted automatically.

Edit: I won't bother moving my models, they suck anyways, as for my JASS functions they will be at http://www.wc3jass.com

----
Anyways, bye and good luck, with such small things like Darky removing the rating system , this wouldn't have happened.

----
My brother is a different living entity than me and he might stay here if he decides to.

Level 12
I doubt I am any sort of mod leader or anything.

Anyways I am just announcing that I am leaving, I am not saying "Try to convince me to stay", it was my decition and it is not going to change.

---

Oh, and I am not leaving completelly, I might download stuff and make posts, but my resources are leaving for sure.

It seems that I would be the only mod of the spells section until Darky28 comes back, I will try to check that and remove if a spell is offensive. But that until they give it another moderator.

Level 12
Daveman said:
Well, i cant blame you for leaving after what happened there (and what has been happening overtime)
Was Edwardsissortoe the guy who posted the one?(because he said rofl so i dunno)
Goodbye man, there goes one of the greats

I think he thought I was joking.

But that is afterall just the trigger, the reasons where always there.

Level 4
there are idiots on this site? yes

crappy skinner/modelers/iconers/spellers/mappers who only know to steal? yes

but thats not motive for u to leave, its a motive yes, for u to stay. u could be a great help (as u always has been) for those lost ppl, for help healing and demoving these idiots ideas, to help contribute to this site with ur ideas, works and just ur presence

i may not know whats fully going on to make a decision like that, but plz dont make a scandal, idiots are everywhere. it happens in the best communities :wink:

but if that wont demove ur motives, then i wish u good luck, good bye, and a good life u deserve it

Level 11
Argh... If Vexorian is leaving then the spells section is DOOMED. Atleast in the resource place. Once we get Darky, we must assure that all moderators are able to see those who voted. And even better, have this whole rating system GONE. It's useless. It only gets to conflicts. Oh well Vex, it was nice talking to you in the last days. See ya!

~Daelin

Level 22
Honestly, if you think that problem is reserved only for wc3sear.ch and not wc3campaigns, you are in for a nasty suprise. Immaturity in that aspect is just as abundant, if not more so, there then here. The only diff is that campaings actually has an active admin to fix issues. I wish I could say the same for here, so in that regard I can understand your leaving, but for the rating thing, sorry, but I dont.

And so you know, the campaign I have hosted there got a 0 out of 10 from someone who didnt even download it. So again, dont think you are escaping from it by moving all your stuff there.

You should have reserved this for the admin forum. Not here. If you are letting the immatutiy one pre-pubescent child with a mouse behind a computer far far away piss you off so much that you let him win like this, I think life in general is going to give you the ugliest black eye from people much much closer.

It angers me as well, because as you said, this could have been avoided has someone actually been around to remove the reating system, but this sort of reaction from someone of your integrity equally pisses me off. *locked*
-VGsatomi

Status
Not open for further replies.