• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Site Feature Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
This site maybe needs this feature... It's about the moderators. Some people dislike a moderator so If they don't want that moderator... they could press a button for a request to turn them into just normal account. If they clicked that button, they can write down their reason why they requested. Maybe..they need up to 50 requests to turn them into just normal accounts. Those messages will be sent to an inbox for you to view(darky28) so that invalid reasons will not be counted.

That's it.. thanks!

Level 25

No

Just no

That is called "Almost asking people to abuse it, thus making no one on the site a moderator"

No realy, its the worst idea I've ever heard. Most people who dislike mods are either

A: Unhappy that something's been deleted
B: Just dislike the person for no reason

In both cases, they have to handle it.

And don't mention Tiki. Just don't

Level 21
You know, all moderators know what they are doing. They don't hang around violating rules and doing inappropriate things. Before all moderators were chosen, the admin already checked if thet person would be a good moderator and continue its duty well in the future.

The admin knows best. Definitely not needed.

Level 12
matt75 said:
This site maybe needs this feature... It's about the moderators. Some people dislike a moderator so If they don't want that moderator... they could press a button for a request to turn them into just normal account. If they clicked that button, they can write down their reason why they requested. Maybe..they need up to 50 requests to turn them into just normal accounts. Those messages will be sent to an inbox for you to view(darky28) so that invalid reasons will not be counted.

That's it.. thanks!

Oh yes, so A guy will create 50 accounts and flood Darky with those requests, great

Level 9
The mods we're chosen for a reason.
And it is the chooser of them, that will evaluate whether or not they are suited for a continued process of moderating.
There will always be difficult persons, who will dislike the moderators for w/e reason they can think of.

We can use Wormskull a non-moderator example of this.
I know he can be very rude (too rude). But the general hatred against him is caused by people, who cannot accept his critics of their works.
Also the lame excuses of "You haven't made a skin, we won't listen to your points" and the likes.

Now, to illustrate how lame that is, let is take a look at the olympic judges.
I'm quite sure they are not living up to the same standard as those whom they are judging. the skill to see if something is good or bad, does not preceed the ability to do it yourself. I am myself an artist, and nothing else. Meaning that i cannot make a trigger, or write an ai. But never the less, would i be able to see if it does not work correctly. Or if the AI does some things that could be improved.

Now, if i posted a comment on what i thought could be improved, and i was right about. Would it be fair for people to scrap me, just because i would be unable to perfrom the changes myself ?
I think not, but it seems that the above mentioned is the general logic among many users at this site.

Now, many people dislike me as well. I am very well aware of that. This is also caused by the "worm" effect. I was honest about peoples art and didn't want to appear positive, and in return inspire a false optimism in the author of the mentioned art.

If we take another look at something, then it is mostly the experienced persons who are hated, and the noobs who are liked.

I still remember Orcfan32's words in his first war against me.

"I will rally the noobs and revolt against the pros"

Does that make any sense ?

So, ask yourself, if you want people to influence the "fate" of others, only because they have a personal grudge against a person.
Personal grudges are supposed to be discussed in pm's. However, when i try contacting the people who hate me, and ask them why they do so. I am never given an answer.
Do people hate others for sport ?

fight back if you want, i will be ready to answer.

Level 13
Basically what everyone above has just said.

Moderators were picked speciffically by darky or me. If we see anything wrong with one, we will handle it. If it gets really bad then you can send us a PM, but don't think that that will get rid of a moderator. We will figure out the best road to take.

Level 21
Because some could not be chosen correctly or are working in a unexpected way, eg, bad.

Some people can also think a moderator like Tiki should be removed because hes " rude " but he has talent and skills. Because moderators have so much experience and knowledge, they may become strict and do what they want.

Anyway, the moderators Darky has chosen for wc3sear, are already a good choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.