• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Site Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I think the site rules need improvement. Almost all of the resources I make are disapproved. I only made an account to share the Warcraft stuff I make, but they get deleted before someone gets to download them. For some reason, the site staff doesn't like them. I hope they improve the rules in the near future. :( :( :(

Level 25
We're lienant enough as is. You reckon we're harsh? Try submitting a skin at Warcraft 3 Campaigns. I DARE you

We have a thing called "Quality Control". If its below that quality, then its gone. Sorry to seem like an insensitive elitist, but that's how we run. We're just a lot less elitist than other Warcraft 3 sites

Level 4
Yeah. The rules must be changed, but not too much, though. Just some minor changes are enough or else this place would either turn into a newbie republic (with l33tspeakers) or an elitist empire. (still with l33tspeakers) The WoW models should have much, MUCH more strict optimization rules because some of the WoW models on this site looked like they were mindlessly placed with all of its anims and polygons, regardless of the announcements made.

Ki

Ki

Level 7
There are two major things that I think need to be changed.

1) The creation of a directory to categorize the models would benefit map makers a whole lot. For example, if I'm a map maker and I want aircraft models only, it really is a waste of time for me to dig out the same types of models as a lot of other people already had when a directory can be made, saving everyone more time.

It wouldn't be that difficult either. It would require very, very basic html knowledge to put together. The drop down categories don't cut it. There should be more, reguardless if they arn't many models for that category, considering you can fill the directory page up with numerous links.

2) I think the map section needs to be cleaned out. There are way too many clone maps and people don't always delete their older map versions. They are the big space killers anyway, although I do not know how much space this site can hold.

Level 3
Anyway, I see that some people have replied to my post. Well, I'd like to know if pasting pieces of skins and images together would be violating the rules. Do we have to make our skins from scratch? All of the skins that I have made include pieces of existing skins and images. Please post more replies to this topic if you can.

Level 3
Here are some perfectly usable skins I have done. Do you think they are quality enough for the site? I personally think they are good enough to be used on the site and in maps. If you want one, just ask. I will try to post and if if it is deleted, then... ...well, that stinks.

PictureArthas.JPG

UnmountedEvilArthas.jpg

ZombieVillager.jpg

PurpOgre.jpg

OgreLord.jpg

Ogre.jpg

Level 45
those skins are pretty much just cnp, simple swaps, but you can submit them at wc3anvil( www.wc3anvil.net/ ), they are pretty light and open, but you cant stop peoples opinions.
But the rules are totally getting abused, since daelin is on hes vacation alot of icon cr*p has appeared and really really bad stuff...
we now write to quality like wc3c, that is why wc3c is so clean.
and just so iv gotten in a dam arguement in the icon section just because someone broke the rules and people are accusing me of being hardassed and saying things like "OMG how come you complain about this when its not wc3 style(the icon is a photo rip might i add) and not sook at this? ( the illidan cyber skin)"

and they sook at me when i say its just like space fel orc or the marine model and it has wc3 style but not the situation thing, then some other idiot comes in and tells me to pull my weener from my cock, and thats got me pretty fucking!!! pissed off!
no one ever fuckign cares or takes consideration of peoples backgrounds or the fucking rules!
Garrr! and they probably gonna fuckin report me saying im flaming yet im the one helping the rules!
and im seeing alot of art crap again!
GARARARARARA!

Werewulf said:
But the rules are totally getting abused, since daelin is on hes vacation alot of icon cr*p has appeared and really really bad stuff...

And My inactivity. I helped spearhead and track down rouge icons, tidy up old icons (Like 2004 old i mean) that were stolen, and even find a icon theif who was "The icons sections olofmoleman" in a sense for the fraud he was (OgErFaCeS, who took 3 pictures of the sun, used them as a "solar orb" ability, and then used a copyrighted picture of cough syrup (I kid you not) and use it as a poison spell). I really wish I could help the site more, but times are getting really busy for me. Im really been inactive as of lately. I cleared at least 30 icons if im correct, and helped track new rouge icons. Its a shame that the other icon mods are quite inactive (except daelin) so that at least one section could finally be purged...

Level 45
Matt540 said:
Werewulf said:

And My inactivity. I helped spearhead and track down rouge icons, tidy up old icons (Like 2004 old i mean) that were stolen, and even find a icon theif who was "The icons sections olofmoleman" in a sense for the fraud he was (OgErFaCeS, who took 3 pictures of the sun, used them as a "solar orb" ability, and then used a copyrighted picture of cough syrup (I kid you not) and use it as a poison spell). I really wish I could help the site more, but times are getting really busy for me. Im really been inactive as of lately. I cleared at least 30 icons if im correct, and helped track new rouge icons. Its a shame that the other icon mods are quite inactive (except daelin) so that at least one section could finally be purged...

omgosh! are you serious?
hmmm....2..major thieves discovered at wc3sear now..

thanks!

The exact reason I took matters and lead the first attempt to find where Elthorith got his art from: The great icons he had, OgErFaCeS quality, and the fact that OgErFaCeS took some of the icons. I was amazed at the icons of Elvorith, but they looked familier, and from past expiriences...I once again took matters into my hands to track down the thief. However, as I already said, I was unsucessful at locating anything of Elvorith. Quite well hidden from me. So I gave up.

Level 3
We need to crack down on those evil icon ...people...like...me...oh, snap!!

ah, hell. i won't submit ne more...
specially those Stargate ones...they break every icon rule!! But there not copyrighted material so...nvrmnd :twisted: ...I mean :lol: Never think of it.

Vote yes on RDZ.8)
NOW!!! :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.