• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Forsaken

_wow__undead__render__by_popokupingupop90-dam6223.png

Forsaken

Map info:

This is an altered melee map, I add additions to the map, that additions allow you to play as custom race.
Map has water effect.
Map Description

How to play:

TO PLAY AS THE FORSAKEN, CHOOSE HUMAN WHEN CHOOSING YOUR RACE.​
Screenshots

186420-b3b14a2330158d8fdc376459699716af.png

174078-a4ceb04406fce793c1196d74f48e1e4c.jpg

Changelog

V2: Towers and some models changed.​
Credits

Models:
Ujimasa Hojo, Sellenisko, Jetfanglnferno, Buster, Hawkwing, -Grendel

Icons:
Blizzard Entertainment, Peekay, Ujimasa Hojo, Darkfang, Sin'dorei300, Paladon, blahson256, Svenski, Golden-Drake, -Berz, 4eNNightmare, -Gendel

Skin:
Cloudwolf, 67chrome, Juice_f
Links

Previews
Contents

Forsaken (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
1. This map follows the same chaotic outline as the other I've commented on. Creep balance positioning is lacking. 2. If your goal is to create a race/faction, why not leave the map as it was first and just emphasize on the actual idea? 3. Does the...
deepstrasz
There aren't enough changes to consider this innovative. It's very similar to the race from the Curse of Forsaken campaign. However, I can approve this at borderlining substandard. I suggest you inspire yourself from this as well: Forsaken I advise...

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Lovely! 5/5 FOR THE BANSHEE QUEEN!

Level 2
Your Sylvanas is amazing. I prefer this Forsaken from the other one available.
One thing though, buildings don't spread Blight, but the town hall starts with Blight surrounding it. So it looks weird/out of place. I would get rid of it completely if possible

Level 12
Your Sylvanas is amazing. I prefer this Forsaken from the other one available.
One thing though, buildings don't spread Blight, but the town hall starts with Blight surrounding it. So it looks weird/out of place. I would get rid of it completely if possible
I wanted to show that forsaken can build on dead and normal land. But If more comments are removed by this area, I will remove this area.

Last edited:
Level 2
I wanted to show that forsaken can build on dead and normal land. But If more comments are removed by this area, I will remove this area.
I would 100% remove it and just put it in the description, I get the idea but it's very unpleasing aesthetically. Did you get the voice over for Sylvanas from the campaign?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
1. This map follows the same chaotic outline as the other I've commented on. Creep balance positioning is lacking.
2. If your goal is to create a race/faction, why not leave the map as it was first and just emphasize on the actual idea?
3. Does the plague/blight have any effect on unit regeneration? If not, take it off as it only blocks construction for non-undead factions.
4. All Tower upgrades require just the Hall.
5. Careful with the mass Black Arrow Archers. The Skeleton should be weaker than the first level of the Dark Ranger hero's Black Arrow.
6. There's no difference between the Guard and Arcane Towers. They're the same but look unlike.
7. All four heroes can be trained in one game.

8. Undead Embrace=Death Coil and is too powerful for 75 mana.
9. Many abilities are either just normal Warcraft III ones. Some heroes are pretty much copies of others.
10. To avoid enemy players starting near you, the triggers in this map could be used: Skeletal Coast v1.3

Truth be told, I've seen most of this conglomeration of units and models in other maps.

Awaiting Update.

==========================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/the-grand-review-exchange.290679/

Level 6
If you like change a cattapult from frost to poison because forsaken have a poison , Lich King have a frost .

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
If you like change a cattapult from frost to poison because forsaken have a poison , Lich King have a frost .
True, however it will just be a Meat Wagon copy then.

----------------------------------------------------------
@master Gul'dan did you change anything pertaining my other points? If yes, please write it in the changelog.
If not, please work more before updating. If you don't want to consider my points, argue why.

Awaiting Update.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
There aren't enough changes to consider this innovative. It's very similar to the race from the Curse of Forsaken campaign.

However, I can approve this at borderlining substandard.

I suggest you inspire yourself from this as well:
Forsaken

I advise you to leave the plague/blight for buildings and let it have the usual undead regeneration properties. This would make it interesting since your faction can build everywhere like Human.

And please for future race maps, do not edit the melee map at all. Leave the creeps be. Your interest is to create a race/faction, not bulk the map with unnecessary things.

Level 23
True, you find this map first, it's also true that I inspired you and tomoraider to build this race. Now I add your name and tomoraider to credits.
Wait, can a resource really be approved if the person took a race from someone else and made small edits? He apparently even has dummies and triggers Wa666r made in his map?
Perhaps the most surprising thing of all is that he does not give a full apology, he modified his apology by adding it was him who inspired Wa666r and tomoraider to make that/those races.

Level 24
Wait, can a resource really be approved if the person took a race from someone else and made small edits? He apparently even has dummies and triggers Wa666r made in his map?
Perhaps the most surprising thing of all is that he does not give a full apology, he modified his apology by adding it was him who inspired Wa666r and tomoraider to make that/those races.

The changes were large enough that the faction is it's own. He added his own abilities and models to the faction.
He only has a few of my triggers and units. So I think it's changed more than enough to warrant being his own creation.

Level 14

That's ok. This is how people learn from new stuffs. We are all the same, based on something first then slowly transform into other unique things. Even something like Dota has a very funny history about itself.

Level 2
Quick question: Would you be able to make ghosts so that if the Dark Rangers die, they come out as a ghost like the ones in the Curse of the Forsaken?

Level 1
I really like and love what you did with the Forsaken faction, my dude. It really fits the theme of the faction, with their Darkness Hall, Keep, and Castle. Can you please make other factions like Blood Elves, Fel Orcs, Illidari, etc. in the future?

Level 35
So, I gave this Bootleg Wa666r's Forsaken a bit of a shakedown, and I have certainly seen worse starting points.
There are a few tooltip errors, like where it says you can research Undead Embrace at the Valkyr Hall, but it's really just Death Coil and the research says it's Death Coil. It's kind of cool that you used some existing elements from the Undead faction that fit in the Forsaken, like the Banshee, but then it's also a little strange that other units, like the Abomination, made it across as well. Not the most perplexing thing but still perplexing enough, it mostly seems like they're just there because it's a Slaughterhouse.

The Forsaken, for the most part, appear to be a marriage between Humans and Undead, which I think is rather admirable until you get to the point where there are very troubling custody disputes. For some reason, the Death Guard has a native ability that is the same as the Death Knight's passive ability, only better - unless you get that ability on the Death Knight to level 3, then it probably breaks even, since one has a higher chance of occurring, while the other has a more pronounced effect when it /does/ occur. There do seem to be a few unusual repeats of abilities throughout the faction, like the Death Coil for the Valkyr making an appearance on the Apothecary under the guise of "Elixir Of Death". You can call it what you like, but at its core it is the same ability, the only difference being one is used by a unit, the other by a hero.

The Valkyr seems extraordinarily powerful, both for its cost, and when you consider the abilities it has. You can choose to spend 50 mana to raise 3 Skeleton Mages from any given corpse, a trope that has always been unusual yet prominent within Warcraft 3 where a singular corpse can produce multiple skeletons, but when you consider the Valkyr has a maximum of 250 mana this means that, at max mana capacity, you have an ultimate flying unit with the potential to summon 15 skeleton mages at once, and that's just from one of them. If the Skeleton Mages aren't your speed, you can turn the autocast off and get a pack of these to cast Death Coil on each other - all this despite their spell immunity. When you factor in these deal 85-105 damage on each attack and sport 1100 health, they are probably overpowered.

Overall, it is a rather cozy faction, with hilarious callbacks to the Human faction in the form of renaming their Town Hall upgrades into Dark Town Hall variants, and strangely enough an Altar Of Darkness. The Regenerative Flesh upgrade seems a little confusing, for while it allows your units to regenerate health without the need of Blight, the faction appears to produce none in the first place, which seems like an area that could have been explored further. Without any overly outstanding traits, it's a decent enough faction that hopefully allowed you to learn a lot from, but, more importantly, hopefully you had fun making.

Level 8
The most immersive forsaken race out there (without any weird units that were never seen in WoW), good job. I'd be more happy if your map was unprotected though. It's sad that we can't use your race in our own custom maps.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
@master Gul'dan , can you just give me an idea of what in the world you are updating? I don't expect perfect 1:1 transcriptions of every little code change you make, and it wouldn't normally be such a big deal, but... You update this thing multiple times a week, with no post or edit to give any clue, and it's filling my Alerts tab. Help a brutha out. :<

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Changelog
V1:Map Uploaded.

V1.1: Map bug fixed.

V1.2: Forsaken Slaughterhouse v1.mdx and Forsaken Shipyard v1.02.mdx added in map.

V1.3: Ghost trigger added in map.

V1.4: Now the skeleton mages are upgraded by forsaken race.

V1.5: Bug fixed and Balance Gameplay.
Creep map is now Balance.

V1.6: The creep map problem was fixed on both sides of the map and Dark Ranger armor now changed to normal.

V1.7: Multiplayer gameplay added and bugs fixed.
Still you taunt me