• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Naga

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
_wow__demon_hunter__render__by_popokupingupop90-dam641j.png

Naga

Map info:

This is an altered melee map, I add additions to the map, that additions allow you to play as custom race.
Map has water effect.
Map Description

How to play:

TO PLAY AS THE NAGA, CHOOSE NIGHT ELF WHEN CHOOSING YOUR RACE.​
Screenshots

174701-1c91cb5e38042dec55618aa1eda617c3.jpg

173614-4e972bf7681f5ec72b4838c6336ff778.jpg

Changelog
V1: Map Uploaded.
V1.1: Multiplayer gameplay added and bugs fixed.​
V2: Some units requirements changed.​
Credits

Models:
Ujimasa Hojo, Sellenisko

Icons:
Blizzard Entertainment, GooS, Peekay, Ujimasa Hojo, Darkfang, Sin'dorei300

Skin:
Darkholme, 67chrome
Links

Previews
Contents

Naga (Map)

Reviews
Paillan
Rolled back for the time being while we discuss the issue.
Daffa
Too long as Awaiting Update. Substandard until the author updates and requested another review.
Level 19
No, I uploaded it before In this link: Hive's Simple Edit Resources Thread
This is the beta version of the new map.

Ahhh see, the map section isn't really for betas. The map is supposed to be playable and have little to no bugs.
Then again I'll still test to decide if the map requires more work before coming to the map section or if it's good enough.

Level 19
Okay this is sorta ridiculous. Numbers are not balanced at all.
Take the naga myrmidon for instance. It has the same damage as a knight, more healt, less cost, and is unlocked right away. Lesser armor helps a bit, but the fact it's available from the start is ridiculous.
All regenerations were not touched, naga units regenerate 4 times faster than normal units, and two times faster than undead on blight.
Nagas have two completely unchanged heros from melee.
I feel like this needs more numbers tweaking. I suggest removing the demon hunter hero from the naga.
THIS IS NOT A REVIEW, as I still have to do more testing, just an initial reaction.

I keep this thread booked so even after my resignation, this entry apparently hasn't changed all that much. I am sure this map is updated multiple times, but apparently the core issues with the balancing are never resolved.

Let's start:
1. Myrmidon is a broken tier 1 unit. This unit should be under the T3 (Somewhat at Knight level).
2. When Tree of Life is replaced by Tier 1 Naga, the building slightly dislocate. This is not a pretty major issue though.
3. Most of the tech tree is pretty much an exact replica of Naga race from the original
4. Add to that, most of the upgrades stay the same
5. NE Warden hero is unseen due to model issues
6. Naga Royal Guard is pretty broken with all of its abilities. The only saving grace is the unit's mana pool.
7. The shop is almost a replica of Night Elf shop, with one or two items changed out.
8. 2 out of 4 heroes are pretty much the melee ones. I find Summoner interesting, but need to remind myself she's a glorified siren unit. Slithreen Guard is pretty much DotA copy-paste.
9. Structure options are pretty much the same as default, with a shop building added.
10. From what I noticed, the latest melee patch is not enforced in the map

Idea wise, it is interesting. However, since Naga is one of the more common race to be replicated, it is expected that the approach has interesting creativity and add new interesting stuff into the table. As of even now, I am still not willing to approve this if I still am a moderator. There are too many balance and originality issues that are not properly resolved until this point.

This is tested with the most recent update.

Here are some solutions I offer, feel free to consider them:
1. Shift Murgul Reaver to Spawning Ground
2. Remove Naga Royal Guard
3. Change Myrmidon to T3
4. Add something to Reaver to make them more worthwhile late game (I personally would go with something along the lines of poison or disable, but consider what best for your race yourself)
5. Change Couatl numbers (they are notoriously famous for being broken in NE Campaign)
6. Murgul spellcaster can use creative spells instead of being a priest copy-pasta
7. Add a structure to put Dragon Turtle, this structure can be expanded to have more units like Hydra or perhaps more Murgul/Murloc
8. Pour more creativity to the overall design. We have Techtree Contests which bestow interesting ideas that can be considered for incorporation.

Level 12
I keep this thread booked so even after my resignation, this entry apparently hasn't changed all that much. I am sure this map is updated multiple times, but apparently the core issues with the balancing are never resolved.

Let's start:
1. Myrmidon is a broken tier 1 unit. This unit should be under the T3 (Somewhat at Knight level).
2. When Tree of Life is replaced by Tier 1 Naga, the building slightly dislocate. This is not a pretty major issue though.
3. Most of the tech tree is pretty much an exact replica of Naga race from the original
4. Add to that, most of the upgrades stay the same
5. NE Warden hero is unseen due to model issues
6. Naga Royal Guard is pretty broken with all of its abilities. The only saving grace is the unit's mana pool.
7. The shop is almost a replica of Night Elf shop, with one or two items changed out.
8. 2 out of 4 heroes are pretty much the melee ones. I find Summoner interesting, but need to remind myself she's a glorified siren unit. Slithreen Guard is pretty much DotA copy-paste.
9. Structure options are pretty much the same as default, with a shop building added.
10. From what I noticed, the latest melee patch is not enforced in the map

Idea wise, it is interesting. However, since Naga is one of the more common race to be replicated, it is expected that the approach has interesting creativity and add new interesting stuff into the table. As of even now, I am still not willing to approve this if I still am a moderator. There are too many balance and originality issues that are not properly resolved until this point.

This is tested with the most recent update.

Here are some solutions I offer, feel free to consider them:
1. Shift Murgul Reaver to Spawning Ground
2. Remove Naga Royal Guard
3. Change Myrmidon to T3
4. Add something to Reaver to make them more worthwhile late game (I personally would go with something along the lines of poison or disable, but consider what best for your race yourself)
5. Change Couatl numbers (they are notoriously famous for being broken in NE Campaign)
6. Murgul spellcaster can use creative spells instead of being a priest copy-pasta
7. Add a structure to put Dragon Turtle, this structure can be expanded to have more units like Hydra or perhaps more Murgul/Murloc
8. Pour more creativity to the overall design. We have Techtree Contests which bestow interesting ideas that can be considered for incorporation.
Thanks for review, i will solve the problems soon, if you have time, please review my other maps.
Thank you.

Update the changelog. I can't see what you are changing without testing from zero again. Changelog is there to help users aware of what has changed between versions.

In addition, I suggest take some look for inspirations from other Naga races on this website:
Tidewater Glades - Nightscale Tribe
Illidari V1.0
UB - Ultimate Battle v2.20b AI+ (Naga and Illidari are good references)

REMEMBER, GET INSPIRATION, NOT COPY-PASTE THEM.