• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Naga Oasis

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hello everyone,
So this is my first melee map that i created a few days ago, the map is a 6 player map (sunken ruins terrain) the name of the map is Naga Oasis and it has more creep spots than usually and some Naga creep spots, also I would like to know what you guys think about it and perhaps what could i change in it or should i make more maps like this one.
The map has been tested and is working perfectly.

Keywords:
Naga, naga, naga oasis, oasis, warcraft 3 maps, warcraft, warcraft 3 map, melee map, melee maps, warcraft 3 tft, warcraft 3 the frozen throne, warcraf
Contents

Naga Oasis (Map)

Reviews
10:05, 25th Aug 2014 Orcnet: My comment
Level 3
Hello everyone,
So this is my first melee map that i created a few days ago, the map is a 6 player map (sunken ruins terrain) the name of the map is Naga Oasis and it has more creep spots than usually and some Naga creep spots, also I would like to know what you guys think about it and perhaps what could i change in it or should i make more maps like this one.
The map has been tested and is working perfectly.

Level 29
hey , hi there, welcome to the hive!, here some friendly feedback to improve your work

1)the sunken ruin theme has 9 diffentes tiles estandard
your map is 95 % earth and 5 % big bricks

what i mean is you should use differents tile sets to have a nice terrain

in some parts you have sharpy water, that mean when you see the water like a rect line, i think you should fix it with the smooth tool,

2) Doodads: i see you put some in the creep areas, but what the rest? not a waterfall, no rocks, no grass, no mushrooms, no fishes no nothing just empty earth and water? i sugest more decoration

3) the drops arent specificed wich type of drop you will have item random level two you shoud specify if is permanent, charged or enhancer ( like books). I think creeps should be more standard, i think 6 units for a creep camp is to much, and i think naga campaing units arent designed for creep camps (that couple of royal naga camp defending the fountain seems like to much heavy even for a red creep. also i think in some areas the creeps are too near each other without separation

4) game play, this is not designed for FFA, because the bases are to near, humans can use their milita peons to rush their neighbors. Players red and violet can acces the market and the tavern and the center more easy than the neighbors. And the other players can defend their bases more easy than red and violet that will be trapped in the middle for sure. So i sugest to remove the FFA from the description and just leave the 3vs3 especification

5) read some tutorials and learn bbcodes so you can improve your description and upload some screens of your map, if a map is product, the screens are the advertise, you have to sell the map :)

For your first melee map, i say nice work, but i think your map can be improved, special the terrain and enviroment

see ya and good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 21
As your first melee map I must say it's good. I've seen much worse first maps than this. Anyway, here are the issues I found in the map:-

BAD POINTS:-
- My first concern was the terrain mostly made of Dirt tile only with some Brick cliffs. And the dooodads... I didn't find any decorative or environmental one
- The item drops are unsuitable for most creeps. Sometimes they are too strong for the creep of vice-versa. The level 10 Deeplord Revenants drop a random level 4 item, pretty underpowered for such a strong creep. Maybe a level 6-8 item would have been more adequate. While the level 6 Naga Royal Guard drops a level 8 item which is pretty overpowered
- Why aren't the starting gold mines guarded? If I wish to play a 2v2, which is possible in this map, I would find the gold mines totally free!
- The Naga should not be used as creeps for a creep camp. They are part of a race, not of neutral monsters. Then, they are also pretty stronger than normal creeps

SUGGESTIONS:-
- Use more tiles like the Sand beside the watery parts. Some Grass and Grassy Dirt below the trees would be cool. Using Rough Dirt on all that Dirt would decorate much better the terrain. On the Brick cliffs, some tiles like Round Tiles, Small Bricks and the Bricks tile itself would be really good
- Add environmental doodads like shurbs, mushrooms, viny plants and flowers beside all those trees. Cattails and lily pads on the water plus some shells applied randomly on the map would improve the terrain incredibly. Then add some rubble small/large beside the cliffs. Some Rocks on the watery parts could be also a good idea but they might ruin the terrain in the same time so take care where you place them
- The item level must never be higher than the level of the creep it drops it. Even too low levelled items for high levelled creeps is wrong
- Replace the Naga with neutral hostile creeps, it's unsuitable to put a race as neutral hostile guards

OVERALL RESULT
In conclusion, it's a good try for your first melee map. Still, I would like to see more from you. I'll not rate, instead I would like to encourage you to go on with this map and put more effort in it. So I AWAIT UPDATE!

Level 3
Well, thank you guys for all your advices i know the map isnt so good and it needs much much more details, i will fix the drops,remove naga and do all you told me because i know you are right and the map isnt so good but it will be better.
I will start editing it now and i think i will upload it in a few days :)

Level 30
Your'e somehow lacking map description, but since this is your first try I'd give in some my own observation:

-The map is mostly summed by trees, the idea of making some of them as borderline is not a good way, if so a huge deforestation can take place. Instead use doodads such as rocks, ruins and leaves basing from the map's theme. The tiles used for the map looks very symmetric, use the tileset as a canvas it will give much more detail for the map. Add fog and Global Weather (Lordaeron Rain(Light) and Rays of Light are very useful)

-The use of neutral building and a nearby gold mine is not good, creep camps in place can result into pulling which gives off fast loot material, instead give a limit count to all neutral buildings via 3 expansions in the region of team 1 and 2, 1 goblin merchant/laboratory and mercenary camp as well etc.

-Work those cliffs, remember its suppose to be in ruins so giving it a ruined look may show better detail to it.

-Item drops to all creep camps must be in order, example of green camps or lesser groups should at least drop 1 level 2 items or so, the higher the creep level, same goes to the item drops.

Overall, this melee can do some more polish, just look up on those tutorials listed here in our forum you may end up having a good start. For now I'd set it to rejection you may contact me back at my Visitor Message for your updated version then I'll reset it back to pending and retest it. Good luck.