1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Burning Legion

Submitted by master Gul'dan
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
[​IMG]
Burning Legion

Map info:

This is a altered melee map, I add additions to the map, that additions allow you to play as custom race.
Map has water effect.

Map Description

How to play:
TO PLAY AS THE BURNING LEGION, CHOOSE UNDEAD WHEN CHOOSING YOUR RACE.
Screenshots

Screenshots

[​IMG]

Changelog

Changelog
V1: Map Uploaded.

V1.1: I add a new worker to the race and balanced the race.

V1.2: Multiplayer gameplay added and map bugs fixed.

Credits

Credits

Models:
Ujimasa Hojo, Sellenisko, Wyrwuulfe

Icons:
Blizzard Entertainment, Peekay, Ujimasa Hojo, Anachron, 4eNNightmare, Svenski, 67chrome, MasterHaosis, Heinvers, 84chrome, Murlocologist

Skin:
67chrome
Links

Previews
Contents

Burning Legion (Map)

Reviews
twojstaryjakcie
The race is, unfortunately, as underwhelming as the previous ones. You did exactly what you had done in the past - you edited an existing Blizzard race by changing a few names here and there and added one or two units which are imbalanced. I'd...
  1. Shando Stormrage

Shando Stormrage

Resources:
    Resources:
    do you have IA for this map? i really enjoy playing the map, but it would be great play it on single player.

2. twojstaryjakcie

twojstaryjakcie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The race is, unfortunately, as underwhelming as the previous ones. You did exactly what you had done in the past - you edited an existing Blizzard race by changing a few names here and there and added one or two units which are imbalanced. I'd understand that if it were your first map, but you've been reminded numerous times that creating such a simple edit is definitely not enough to have your map approved.

The first thing that comes to mind when playing this race is the fact that it's more or less a just an Undead reskin with a few overpowered units added to the mix. The early game mechanics stay the same, it's just that the heroes are changed (not even all of them - Dreadlord stays exactly the same). While the Fel Guard gets a pass (though he still has abilities that Blizzard heroes have <Cleave and Avatar>), the Infernal hero is an upgraded Mountain King with Immolation instead of Thunder Clap and Rain of Chaos instead of Avatar, meaning it's overpowered and pretty unoriginal. I would commend you for making the Voidwalker hero, but I reminded myself that it's just Bane from Dota 2 (again, you copied the abilities without even editing them, meaning that they're pretty much useless in Melee (apart from the Brain Sap and Fiend's Grip).

I could mention all the incosistencies in your race, such as Skeleton Warriors notbenefitting from upgrades (because they still benefit from the original Undead upgrades) or Nerubian Towers still being available, but the part that makes this race insanely overpowered is cost of the tier 2 units. Eredar Sorcerers, for example, cost 85 gold and 2 food while being able to cast Firebolt, meaning that they are the strongest and cheapest casters in the game. Same goes for Satyrs which cost the same and can cast Rejuvenation, Felguards which are just Grunts with Cleave for 135 gold and 2 food or Infernal Contraptions - Meat Wagons that can cast a slightly weaker Inferno. I could go on, but I think you get the point.

The race, apart from not being creative, suffers from numerous inconsistencies and its author's lack of basic knowledge about balance in Melee. Unless at least some of the aforementioned issues (that there's a lot of) are fixed, this resource is nowhere near being satisfactory.

Edit: The changes are very minor and don't really fix anything. Please, for the sake of both of us, don't request a new review each time you implement a small change.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  3. master Gul'dan

master Gul'dan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, that's right, but perhaps it was better to give me the opportunity to update.

4. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You can just ask for review again after a decent update :)

5. 84chrome

84chrome

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Cool race.

6. Moises08x

Moises08x

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
  7. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This map is unplayable due to Satyr workers cannot harvest from Haunted Gold Mine.

8. master Gul'dan

master Gul'dan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    fixed.

9. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    More like adding more trouble. The change now causes the race to unable to expand to secondary mines due to Acolytes lacking Haunted Gold Mine. Seriously, properly check your fixes before finalizing them.

10. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Here's a review from my run. Some notes:
    1. Dreadlord is pretty much a Varimathras variant. With that in mind, his Sleep collides with Voidwalker hero's Nightmare ability. Two heroes should not have exact same role.
    2. I suggest you get a new unit for Obsidian Statue. It feels like Undead copy-paste. The same goes for Gargoyle.
    3. If possible, add creative ways of gaining resources. Currently, it feels exactly like Undead copy-paste.
    4. Infernal Contraption is a pretty dangerous beast. The infernal it spawns lasts too long which makes them extremely effective.
    5. Nether Dragon is pretty broken with the Spell Immunity. Spell Reduction OR Resistant Skin would already be useful for this unit without making it too effective.
    6. Do you want to know why Eredar Sorcerer is broken? Shadow Bolt + Summon Beast. Choose one and change the other to a new ability. There is a reason why damage + stun spellcasters are tricky to get done right. I would recommend making Shadow Bolt pure damage OR disabling ability while tweaking Summon Beast health.
    7. For the price of 240G + 4 Food, Felguard is dangerously effective. This unit needs some lumber costs at the very least.
    8. Demoness Range does not work. The acquisition range needs to be base range + upgrade range.
    9. Demon Gate can be built without blight. That is wrong, considering other buildings require blight.
    10. Units are inconsistent with their health regeneration method. Some regens anywhere, others require blight. Make up your mind Burning Legions!

To be honest, the problem with this race is it is TOO similar to Undead. In short, it is Undead with some crazy uber powered tweaks at the current rate.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020