• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Exodus of the Horde REVAMP

This campaign features the 5 missions of the Reign of Chaos Prologue Campaign, Exodus of the Horde. The Campaign aims to serve as an improvement on the original maps by giving both the player and the AI more options and new things to explore in a familiar set of maps. This includes a new strategic element inspired by SCII that allows the player to complete bonus objectives that provide currency to purchase upgrades at the start of each mission. You will also have the choice of building up your own unit composition by choosing unit types, upgrades and leveling up special Secondary Heroes.

This campaign will serve as the baseline for the eventual Re(Re)vamping of Invasion of Kalimdor, containing all these new special features. The campaign features 3 Difficulty levels but the main focus is fun for the player over difficulty so players of any skill level can enjoy! Every map features an improved atmosphere and terraining but attempts to stay recognizable as the original Exodus of the Horde Missions.

Requires the latest Warcraft 3 Patch -> 1.32.10.17380 with Classic Graphics!

Special thanks to @johnwar for the amazing Reclassic models that served as a big inspiration.
Model Credits: Ujimasa Hojo, levigeorge1617, Mister_Haudrauf, stonneash, Mr.Goblin, Cavman, FrIkY, Ceterai, NO_exe, General Frank, Hayate, Edge45, r.ace613, Pyritie, Vinz, Eagle XI, Tauer, Murlocologist, assasin_lord, Mustang, loktar, BLazeKraze, Stefan.K, Wandering Soul, Lord_T, WILL THE ALMIGHTY, Cuore, JesusHipster, Zavorakto, apaka, -Grendel, Ket, supertoinkz,Vinz, Ergius, takakenji, Eagle XI, AndrewOverload519, Tranquil, Footman16, paulH, Grey Knight, Misha, Juliano, Tenebrae, Just_Spectating. If I missed you please let me know so I can add you!

This campaign was made using the ENGLISH version of Warcraft 3 and will likely not work with other game languages!

Update 1: Fixed a mismatched voiceline in chapter 1 and removed Tauren Totems from the build menu in chapter 3.
Contents

Prologue Revamp 01 (Map)

Prologue Revamp 02 (Map)

Prologue Revamp 03 (Map)

Prologue Revamp 04 (Map)

Prologue Revamp 05 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
The issue with transforming units to another is that they get deselected and excluded from unit groups. A well made edit. Approved. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange! R U L E S Site Rules Map...
Level 4
I wish it wasn't for 1.32+ It caught my attention but I don't play anything from Reforged. In any case, good luck with the project, it looks very good.

Regards.
I think you did not look at the videos it isn’t in reforged graphic.

By the way I looked at the videos and it seems a true masterpiece but do you plan to make a version with reforged models ?

I’m adding the bugs I come acros.

Mission 1 :
When you go face the earth elemental Thralls says he can’t believe Forest Trolls were ever a part of the Horde. Even if this line already played a few moment ago.

Mission 2 :
Tooltips are missing about the variant of units, the text to start the mission and the different upgrades in buildings. When the first cinematic plays the line of text between the captain and the royal guard doesn’t appears. The same problem is still present with the grunt upgrade and the banner. And are we supposed to rez Sam Naz and Drek ? Well basically most customs line seems to be missing. I am playing with classic graphic but I do have Quenching mod up so the reason might come from that.

Last edited:
Level 10
I wish it wasn't for 1.32+ It caught my attention but I don't play anything from Reforged. In any case, good luck with the project, it looks very good.

Regards.
I understand that. But SevenBloods content is top tier quality and it also does not play in reforged graphics. Unless you don't own reforged I honestly suggest you try it out and his undead campaign if you like this.

Level 23
Ch1
I like how humans are on the offensive, actually making there be a reason for the orcs to flee
The different units are cool, for both human and orc
When meeting the golem, thrall repeats the line about meeting a forest troll (how they were once a part of the Horde, etc) and not the golem line.

Ch2
Mission starts with the challenge already completed (have a used food supply of 40)
Theres a murloc hut that cannot be reached by my melee units in the middle right of the map
In the opening cinematic, I saw a netted orc hero (not grom) near the bridge, but after that I never saw him again
“Only my pride was injured” line by Grom seems a little arrogant here, seeing as there are many of his fellow warriors lying around dead in his prison

Ch3
Mission starts with the challenge already completed (kill 5 kultiras shipyards)
We are able to build a tauren totem in the peons build list, even though we have not encountered tauren before
This is probably the hardest mission on brutal, was a lot of fun

Ch4
I like how we only use units in this map
Thrall's model having no shirt, since it makes sense they would strip him of his armour before tossing him into prison
Cyclone (Sirens) and hex (3 murlocs maintaining for forcefield) are very overpowered, since our heroes are only units, and those disable spells last very long against units

Ch5
Challenge completed when the mission began (all heroes survive)
Cool volcano mechanic
I like how it is the same map as map03, so we can see the remains of the human base

Overall, was a lot of fun.
Would have preferred an ally AI in map 03 or 05, currently the only AI team is that small force of orcs in Ch1 who help us assualt the final human encampment
Personally, i think the unit upgrades are very inferior to the base upgrades (additional starting resources, fortified armour, hp on buildings, etc, since in the harder difficulty, it just requires a fast rush against the enemy bases/taking expansions quickly/having our base survive attacks while our army is away, specifically for the base building missions.

Level 23
I understand that. But SevenBloods content is top tier quality and it also does not play in reforged graphics. Unless you don't own reforged I honestly suggest you try it out and his undead campaign if you like this.

I don't doubt the quality of the content, I'm sure it's of high quality, but it's something personal for me. I don't play 1.32+, just like I don't play any new Blizzard titles. I got rid of my WoW account and resold every Blizzard title I had except for my original Warcraft 3. I just don't want to know anything about this company and if it weren't for what the original Warcraft 3 marked my childhood, I would have gotten rid of it too. However, I am not against developing content for this patch (1.32+) or against playing it. This is a personal decision, nothing more.

Regards.

Level 17
Ch1
I like how humans are on the offensive, actually making there be a reason for the orcs to flee
The different units are cool, for both human and orc
When meeting the golem, thrall repeats the line about meeting a forest troll (how they were once a part of the Horde, etc) and not the golem line.

Ch2
Mission starts with the challenge already completed (have a used food supply of 40)
Theres a murloc hut that cannot be reached by my melee units in the middle right of the map
In the opening cinematic, I saw a netted orc hero (not grom) near the bridge, but after that I never saw him again
“Only my pride was injured” line by Grom seems a little arrogant here, seeing as there are many of his fellow warriors lying around dead in his prison

Ch3
Mission starts with the challenge already completed (kill 5 kultiras shipyards)
We are able to build a tauren totem in the peons build list, even though we have not encountered tauren before
This is probably the hardest mission on brutal, was a lot of fun

Ch4
I like how we only use units in this map
Thrall's model having no shirt, since it makes sense they would strip him of his armour before tossing him into prison
Cyclone (Sirens) and hex (3 murlocs maintaining for forcefield) are very overpowered, since our heroes are only units, and those disable spells last very long against units

Ch5
Challenge completed when the mission began (all heroes survive)
Cool volcano mechanic
I like how it is the same map as map03, so we can see the remains of the human base

Overall, was a lot of fun.
Would have preferred an ally AI in map 03 or 05, currently the only AI team is that small force of orcs in Ch1 who help us assualt the final human encampment
Personally, i think the unit upgrades are very inferior to the base upgrades (additional starting resources, fortified armour, hp on buildings, etc, since in the harder difficulty, it just requires a fast rush against the enemy bases/taking expansions quickly/having our base survive attacks while our army is away, specifically for the base building missions.
The challenges would already be completed if you played the previous testing versions of the maps, otherwise, I have no idea how they would already be marked as done.
I was considering adding allies but the maps are already so small that having another player would make it go too quickly and easily and the main orc campaign will have a lot of ai controlled allies as well.

Level 2
hello 7blood,fan of your work!Here is a question:i can not see carine。Could you give me some solutions?

Attachments

• TG(SE59~@JJ9]EI3KC~MALG.png
    TG(SE59~@JJ9]EI3KC~MALG.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 184
Level 2
Honestly, no idea why that would be, Cairne is still there since his shadow exists which means his model is broken somehow, but he uses the default Tauren Chieftain model so it might be something to do with the game itself.
OK. I found the solution. And I posted my video of play that campaign on bilibili .There are many people who like your work! Looking forward to your new subject!!

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
The issue with transforming units to another is that they get deselected and excluded from unit groups.

A well made edit.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Wazzz
Alexen
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 2
The challenges would already be completed if you played the previous testing versions of the maps, otherwise, I have no idea how they would already be marked as done.
I was considering adding allies but the maps are already so small that having another player would make it go too quickly and easily and the main orc campaign will have a lot of ai controlled allies as well.
This is just my opinion, but why not make the trolls on the gold expansion left of the base act as a defensive buffer base towards your enemies for chapters 3 and 5. they don't necessarily need to be able to hold their ground and survive against each attack, but, at least, last long enough for your troops to make it in time to help them. You could possibly make it a side objective to keep the troll base alive for ch5 for points

When you first see them in ch3, they attack the humans that attack them but after that, they stay completely neutral afterwards

Level 12
Just finished playing this one as well, i did play your other campaign "Path of the Damned Revamp" before this one and i can say that it has the same high quality, is very good!

Can't wait to play more of this revamp project when is ready!

i only found 1 bug in the campaign and that was that Saurfang didn't have endurance aura.

Level 1
I played through the campaign. It's a strong 5/5 for me. WAY BETTER than the original prologue campaign.
I played through HARD difficulty, it was challenging enough early-game, but late-game I kinda just pressed right click.
3rd Mission was the hardest, it was a good challenge too.

Level 4
Played this campaign. I really liked everything, even went through three more times. This is 100 times better than the original. I hope there will be REVAMP other campaigns besides the undead and the horde? And, I hope, there will be a continuation of the REVAMP for the same Horde, associated with this campaign))

By the way, can you tell me what campaigns that might be suitable for the Reforge?

Level 8
This campaign is so good, damn. Having a lot of options and a decent level of difficulty really adds to the experience.

Also, funnily enough, the campaign can also be played if you tick on Reforged graphics (I forgot that I left them on before launching the campaign) but everything in the campaign will have classic graphics anyway. Didn't encounter any bugs and the experience was very enjoyable throughout, easy 5 stars.

Level 4
Bug: on Chapter 3 you can't buy the caster hp bonus upgrade, possibly it does not work on other chapters too (when you click it, points are not spent, just 1 sec cd on icon (green healthstone icon), and it does not disappear, you can click it again and again with no effect, i think).

UPD:
on chapter 5 that perk works

Last edited:
Level 22
Just completed it, fully on "Brutal" Difficulty. I liked the concept of grunt unit, but survivalist is my best friend here - can build semi-like barracks and can selfheal!
  • Althought I restarted some missions from beginning (like 3 or 5), it wasn't hard at all. But last level is though one - firstly I though that murlocs are created by AI and it's survive melee map type, but then I saw that they're spawning from nowhere :D
  • Prison level isn't hard, but I barely found all weapons for my prisoners and seems that for last one I didn't. Welp;
  • Third level is tricky one - if you don't know where you should go first, it's hard. But when I understood how Kul'Tiras AI works - it's doable;
  • First and Second levels are good ones, and I liked that you've created aggressive AI in level 2, because original level lacked that source of danger.
Also I post under my small "review" my replies for all maps from bundle.
Completed on "Brutal" without cheats :)

Awaiting for more, @SevenBlood!

Attachments

• Exodus 05.w3g
    125.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Exodus01.w3g
    101 KB · Views: 17
  • Exodus02.w3g
    206.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Exodus03.w3g
    205.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Exodus04.w3g
    148.1 KB · Views: 17
Level 2
This campaign is great,it's makes me feel like playing a SC2 campaign. Can I transform this campaign into HD graphics?

Level 3
Hello, dear author Qi Xue, my friends and I like your battles very much. We want to translate your orc battles and undead battles into Chinese, so that Chinese Warcraft players can experience them. Do you agree?:ogre_love:

Level 5
Aye, enjoyable, in certain parts challenging campaign and race mechanics. Really a fresh experience with the stuff that got altered. Loved that I was able to have additional heroes and that - despite the lack of good items - carry over their inventory etc. Would've probably enjoyed it more in HD graphics (I'm one of the people that actually likes the HD graphics xD) but that's just me being me. Looking forward to your other works in that field.

Didn't like that Thralls E damaged and silenced my own units, but on the other hand loved that Samuros mirror images deal damage. AI has weird behaviour in regards to mirror images. If they approach and engage and I create the images, they turn back and then beeline for god knows what ignoring Samuro completely and stuff like that, most noteably in Chapter 3.

Level 28
How can I get 1.32 ...?? I cant find it for too long...

Alternatively, please refer to this post here.

Level 16
This was an incredible experience.
The best one so far, definitely. And I have played through BloodElves and Undead campaign.

It seems people have already mentioned what a fresh take on game mechanics. It's confusing at first, to fight our insticts to micro everything, but this is closely related to Starcraft so once that mindset has settled, it's really enjoyable.

What I'll mention besides everything else, I'm in awe with the atmosphere and attention to detail. The prison level felt like a game on it's own. And the volcano erupting lava periodically? What an amazing idea.

I finished it on brutal, and it was a great playthrough. In all honesty it felt a bit on the easy side, in comparison with your other campaigns, but not for the worst. It was enjoyable.

nv4

nv4

Level 8
Played on brutal difficulty, W3 1.32.10. Nice high quality campaign.
Nice terrain and level design. Especially well done revamp of first 2 chapters.
Tech tree and the mechanic with altering it is very cool. Although sad that it's more of a tease campaign in that aspect and the entire tech tree is not even available in the last chapter.
Some upgrades could use balancing. Mysticism is absolutely not worth it. 50 max mana doesn't change anything, especially when it costs 2 points. If that was something like +1 mana regen - then it could be worth it. Starting with upgrades researched or extra resources is also totaly not worth it. And wouldn't be worth it even if it costed 1 point.

The cutscene when murlocs come out and catch everyone looks off. Like, they just come out, someone screams they came for us and that's it. Next chapter everyone is suddenly in prison. I know this revamp is first and foremost made to enhance gameplay, but since cutscenes are partialy redone anyway, it could be nice to remake this one properly, with murlocs ensnaring everyone and convoying into the cave.
Changing tileset of chapter 4 is an interesting desicion and I don't really mind it, although the original with all the lava and stuff fit better the fact that this underground complex is very near to a an active volcano. But why are there trees? The prison is still in the cave, underground.
Also I highly disapprove the addition of nagas here and removal of undeads. I know WoW "expanded" the lore for Sea Witch and made her a naga, but fuck WoW.

Level 2
It's so great. I really love such a construction system as tents, rather than buildings made of only gold and wood, it's great that at least someone decided to do this... I would really like to see such a development in the future. Thanks for the cards, another way to go through your favorite strategy again.