• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Exodus of the Darkfallen

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.
Hi guys, this is my first campaign and I know that it has a lot of problems, and I also took a lot of ideas from other maps and campaigns too, but I made it for just entertainment. Have fun with my campaign. If you want to re-edit it, it's okay and it's up to you. This campaign can work with patch 1.28 and up. Have fun, guys.😎
Previews
Contents

Exodus of the Darkfallen (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
No updates and no credits list. Lacking.
Level 23
I like to see a new project around here, I'll try it as soon as I can. If it's your first campaign I advise you to be patient, yes, you should improve the description, that will help people to know what they're going to play.

Regards.

I like to see a new project around here, I'll try it as soon as I can. If it's your first campaign I advise you to be patient, yes, you should improve the description, that will help people to know what they're going to play.

Regards.
Thanks for your ideas and I will keep them in my mind, I hope u try it as soon as possible to give me your thoughts enjoy😍

Ok bugs
View attachment 404374
Most of the icons don't work
View attachment 404375
Blood elf?
Also, most of the building descriptions are old undead ones like Ghoul, Necromancer
View attachment 404376
You can't use this building on the first mission.
[/SPOT
Ok bugs
View attachment 404374
Most of the icons don't work
View attachment 404375
Blood elf?
Also, most of the building descriptions are old undead ones like Ghoul, Necromancer
View attachment 404376
You can't use this building on the first mission.
Thanks bro, I will fix them as soon as I can. I want to know your opinion about the camping in general.

To start off, I like the concept of the faction, but I distaste the fact this is based on the Exodus Tutorial mission. It's very noticeable since I used to assist in the work of one of the re-iteration of that campaign.

1. You never get access to Black Citadel in all base building missions, but the orb requires that to be constructed
  2. Searing Arrow, if I recall correctly, interrupts the healing effect of Vampiric Bite
  3. Priest's kit is pretty much quite broken for a good micro person since Dark Aegis can be used to keep mana infinite when combined with Devour Magic
  4. Sorceress' Sleep ignores the upgrade requirement
  5. Footman is very underpowered due to a lack of Defend ability since piercing is a big nightmare for Heavy armor
  6. In the original campaign, you were given Demolisher on both missions due to several reasons, but this is most prevalent on the last mission when you have to deal with Siege Golem's Fortified Armor AND Spell Immunity
  7. The unit choice is very lackluster, which is VERY noticeable against the Siege Golem since two out of four units you can use cannot attack it
In short, I find this far from Approval worthy at the current stage. A lot of polishing will help a lot in getting this into an approvable quality.

This could come much better with such a lackluster tech tree if the story plot was written purely from scratch since right now this is like replacing Orc with Dark One (or a mini-Undead if one wants to use that term) and call it a campaign. I know the work is not to be taken lightly, but it feels underwhelming at the moment. In addition, I do play all missions that I can make such a conclusion.

Level 26
I liked your little campaign, and this faction is interested me. Because this faction - I know them and remember them as "The Wretched" from another campaign - Alliance Ashes - is interested me the whole time. Sadly, your campaign and the faction are need a little bit of a work around, but I hope we can play this campaign again in better quality.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Please use the yellow Edit button at the bottom of your posts and add text there instead of writing one post after another of yours unless it's an important update.
Site Rules Resources in use by Exodus of the Darkfallen

Also, improve the description and please fix what others have mentioned.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

U P L O A D I N G - A - M A P

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Wazzz
Alexen
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/