• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Darkfallen Elves (San'Layn) Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi there! I am seeking some help to flesh out ideas for my Darkfallen Elf Race!

In case you don't know what a Darkfallen Elf is:
http://wowpedia.org/Darkfallen

Anyways after reading the biography I have some things in my mind that I believe would be the defining aspects

1. They should have a high focus on Blood type magic
2. Should also have many different lifestealing types of abilities

Those are what I think are a must when designing around the concept.

The other designs I had in mind don't seem to be as essential but i think would add to the flavor of the race. Some are capable of "shape-shifting" so I think adding that in would be pretty cool.
As they are technically part of the scourge I think "sacrificing" units to make a different one would be a pretty cool idea to put in as well.

Another thing to consider since they are part of the scourge is if I should incorporate different types of undead units into the techtree as well. However I don't want to do this too much or I risk basically making them no different from the forsaken.

Basically, there are a lot of things I am willing to consider and I think this race has room to create something unique. So I'd like to have ideas tossed out of what you think would fit.

Also, if you have any unit ideas that you think would fit a Darkfallen Scourge theme and would like to share them please do that as well!

I am hoping the I can get the community to help me flesh out a creatively new concept :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 10
I don't know if this is possible but you could have a San'Layn corrupted Worgen that has to eat corpses to regain mana so it can use it's powerful spells.

Maybe a blood orb summon that slowly drains the life of units around it?

Level 28
Some ability ideas:

Bloodthirst: The unit gains 75% lifesteal when under 30% life.

Drink Life: The caster unit has its stats increased by the same amount the target's are decreased.

Acid Blood: Melee units take damage over time when attacking this unit. Leaves no corpse on death.

Necrotic Conversion: Channels a spell that attempts to turn an enemy living unit into an undead equivalent. If uninterrupted, the targeted unit dies and is recreated as an appropriate skeleton (melee->warrior, ranged->archer, caster->mage, etc.) under the caster's control.

Death or Pain: The unit burns through its mana to greatly increase health regeneration. When mana reaches zero, the unit is greatly slowed for a while.

Exsanguinate: Drains an enemy unit of life, a small percentage going to the caster while slowing its attack and movespeed.

Tainted Blood: Whenever a unit with this ability dies, enemies near it are damaged and allies near it are healed.

Status
Not open for further replies.