• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Everwood - The unique ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Lux19, that reply is ½ year old, and i guess we're not using the demon statue model.

Kricz, i still don't have any idea what that trigger would help. Cheating doesn't work in LAN and Bnet, no matter how many players there are. And i will not kick players for cheating, perhaps give them a penalty or something.

Level 4
Here are some names i thought about

Orc: Ghavdritz, Greghoog, Zergh, Thregg
Night Elf: (male): Elavor, Revion, Melchin, Cerion, Nerion, (female): Insha, Meeraa, Sheris, Heeda, Celdia

Level 11
i really like the way this is going. since your map will be under 4mb, how large is the actual map going to be? and approximately how many bosses are their going to be and will they be long fights, medium or short ones?

Level 9
Silverfish423 said:
i really like the way this is going. since your map will be under 4mb, how large is the actual map going to be? and approximately how many bosses are their going to be and will they be long fights, medium or short ones?

There'll be LOOOOOTS of bosses. Bosses will stay in certain camps along with a couple bodyguards.
Dunno if I've already said this, but all creeps stay in their camps. Or group. Whatever you like.
This means creeps won't travel around the world. I've always thought this was annoying, dunno why. =P
The lenght of boss fights will very alot. The ones in the end of instances will probably take 10-15 minutes, while the ones around the world will probably be set to 2-5 minutes.
And the size of the map is 256-256. We might expand it later and add more instances.

TerraNexx said:
Whoa you really did make your best.... can I help somehow?

Not really, lol. The only thing we really need is ideas. I've made a quest system and a spell system so i can make spells and quests faster than i can come up with ideas. =/

Darkenneko_003 said:
Just means they have lots of content, thats why Campaigns are huge, they have lots of content.

Lucky campaigns, they have no limit while we only have 4 MB. :thumbs_down:

Level 8
Hi,

bossfights, which lasts 10-15 minutes?
I think this would be a lil bit to much or?
That's like WoW and not good, I don't think, that player have the pleasure to fight so long against a boss. And so (I think) you couldn't play the instances alone and kill the creeps which are in Groups and so on :(
IF a bossfight with ca. 6 persons needs 10-15 minutes, how long should the lasts with only 3 or 1 Player?^^

Level 3
Difficult level is based on amount of players ingame, like in diablo 2, thats the answer.

Level 8
A bossfight lasting 10-15 mins is what an interesting bossfight should be.
Why should he be an instance boss if he is downed in 2-3 mins and is easy.

Level 8
Yeah okay, but it would be boring, if you fight against a boss and its all the same. Your team casts the same spells, the boss casts the saem spells, just that he has maybe more than 12 spells. I mean, if the fights are good made and fun, it's all okay^^

Level 8
A bossfigh lasting more then 10mins probably means that he has several stages that he does different things, but in the end if Role decides to give him several spells and make him cast them random its up to him.

Level 8
first of all, too much single things that doesnt suit for this screen (some soldier ranks everywhere, a skull, an huge text with standard font).

Check this one http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/6632/epidemic2bd9.jpg Edited in paint, doesnt it looks more atractive? It does, much better for me ;)

Well for one,
Its supposed to be a loading screen, Yours wouldn't go down to a 512x512 well,
Also, The Loading bar goes down on the bottom. Your Epidemic would be covered up some.
Your text, to flashy, going for a common, easily read and seen look. Also, the Soldiers ranks, and the eagle make sense, being as you will be playing as the Delta Force in the game.

The eagle was also supposed to be interpreted as being part of the USA, and that the US has some connections to what happened.

So Yea. =D

Level 3
I made a simple step how it could looks like, its up to u how to balance it for a loading screen ;) In my oppinion urs is like a chaos, too bad u didnt even change font to some more attractive :)

Level 9
First of all, don't worry about the boss fights being boring. The bosses will not only have several triggered spells, there will also be random triggered effects like rolling fireballs, vortexes, earthquakes and more, which i won't reveal yet.
And yes, the strenght of the monsters will be determined by the number of players and the chosen difficulty. Might also add the option to change the diffucult ingame. ALSO, as the players grow in level, the strenght of the monsters will increase, so you'll always face something new and difficult. =]

Airandius said:
Handicap perhaps?

No, passive abilities.

Level 17
First of all, don't worry about the boss fights being boring. The bosses will not only have several triggered spells, there will also be random triggered effects like rolling fireballs, vortexes, earthquakes and more, which i won't reveal yet.
And yes, the strenght of the monsters will be determined by the number of players and the chosen difficulty. Might also add the option to change the diffucult ingame. ALSO, as the players grow in level, the strenght of the monsters will increase, so you'll always face something new and difficult. =]

No, passive abilities.

Handicaps are overal very easy to use, they change not only health but also attack and armor as far as I know. I for example set handicap to 70% of hostiles when there are only 2 players. But might set it to 130 when it has a full house. xD
But it's your map. :p

Level 24
u would have to do a variable for the current exp gain and u would have to involve the number of players, ya know?

so something like this

set ExpGainInteger = default exp gain x number of players

make picked player heroes gain 'ExpGainInteger' xp from future kills and u would have to do this when the game starts and every time a player leaves or sth

which is a lot of events because in fact u have to check the player status every 0.01 seconds if u want it to work properly

Level 17
u would have to do a variable for the current exp gain and u would have to involve the number of players, ya know?

so something like this

set ExpGainInteger = default exp gain x number of players

make picked player heroes gain 'ExpGainInteger' xp from future kills and u would have to do this when the game starts and every time a player leaves or sth

which is a lot of events because in fact u have to check the player status every 0.01 seconds if u want it to work properly

Hmm, not really.
Make a integer to keep track of the players alive.
At start just check for every human player if it's slot status = equal to playing.
Base the XP gain and Handicap on that.

Set XP gain = 100 - 5 x playersalive (integer) etc

Now when a player leaves, gets killed or revived, edit the playersalive (integer) to match with the current number of heroes.
When a player revives fo the same.
In the end depending on what ca happen, you can do it in around 5 small triggers.

Level 24
Set XP gain = 100 - 5 x playersalive (integer) etc
u mean that u get less exp with more players, lol, that would be shit because u fight harder monsters and get less exp? for what stands the figure 100?

else i think it is supposed to work when a player is dead as well so this wouldnt change the exp value cause it only depends on the playing player numbers, eh?

Level 17
u mean that u get less exp with more players, lol, that would be shit because u fight harder monsters and get less exp? for what stands the figure 100?

else i think it is supposed to work when a player is dead as well so this wouldnt change the exp value cause it only depends on the playing player numbers, eh?

Lol, make the - a + and your ready to go.. xD
The 100 is just a example for the default xp rate when there are 0 players.

And it won't change the already gained xp, it will just change the future xp gain. ^^

Level 9
Guys, please stay ontopic. Things like that should be kept in PM's or in another forum, Palaslayer and Airandius, instead of spamming this thread.
-I'm using custom passive abilities to change the strenght of creeps, not handicap.
-I'm using a custom experience system so I can easily change the experience heroes gain.

i_brg_doom, I'm not a fan of things like that. In Everwood you can play as one player, but the save/load code you receive can only be loaded in singleplayer. The same counts for multiplayer.

Krics, yes, you can.

Level 17
Guys, please stay ontopic. Things like that should be kept in PM's or in another forum, Palaslayer and Airandius, instead of spamming this thread.
-I'm using custom passive abilities to change the strenght of creeps, not handicap.
-I'm using a custom experience system so I can easily change the experience heroes gain.

i_brg_doom, I'm not a fan of things like that. In Everwood you can play as one player, but the save/load code you receive can only be loaded in singleplayer. The same counts for multiplayer.

Krics, yes, you can.

Just gave an example on what you could also have used. :p
And explained it, because if palaslayer doesn't understand it, you might not either. So don't call people that help, spammers. :p

Anyway, what system do you use for xp then? And what passive abilties do you give to those units? Abilities that will just increase health?

Level 9
I'm using abilities which increases block chance, dodge chance, critical chance, health, mana, strenght, agility, inteligence, attack range, attack speed, armor and damage. Not all of it is abilities though, some of the things are triggered.
The experience system is written by me from scratch.

Level 17
I'm using abilities which increases block chance, dodge chance, critical chance, health, mana, strenght, agility, inteligence, attack range, attack speed, armor and damage. Not all of it is abilities though, some of the things are triggered.
The experience system is written by me from scratch.

What about the regular units? Surely not all units in your map are based off heroes right? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.