• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Everwood - The unique ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hmm...

On my PC, it works properly..
And i saw, that the MPQ Archive isn't hacked.
In the Warcraft 3 Folder is created a new Folder which is named like "UI"...
I think this tool just loads the Datas, when you start Wc3..
don't know exactly..

Level 9
You're probably gonna hate me for what I'm going to tell you now, but I've decided to redo the spells (D=), mainly because they didn't have much synergy and weren't very interesting either (imo). Wolfe Orscythe is helping me with the spell ideas and stuff while I code them.
I've also decided to include some features from the custom combat system, just to make the game feel more realistic. Arrows and magic missiles won't follow their targets, instead they're gonna fly in a linear direction towards the targets position in the moment it was attacked, so you'll have a chance to dodge attacks. Perhaps I'll also include some parabolic movement while I'm at it. The interface will stay the same.

Level 13
Apparently you've taken my words out of context.
You asked when the Demo was going to be released.
I Told you when the Demo was going to be released, when its done.
The demo will be released when the demo is done.
Just so that is clear. =]

srry had to run off so i didnt read it fully

Level 17
I think perhaps it is time I introduced myself. . .

I am Wolfe Orscythe (Wolfe_Orscythe - username) and I am a USWest player. I will be handling the roots and layers of spells whilst RPG will handle the coding and I will also be designing Everwood ORPG's main questline and perhaps some others. Just before I get into things, I will not, I repeat NOT, reveal anything to anyone regarded spells because it is all a big surprise, my apologies for that. =P

However, if you are curious, 70 spells have already been concepted and awaiting coding by the Emperor of JASS (Ye olde RolePlaynGamer) and two missions of the main questline have been concepted as well. Please note that patience is key and if things take a little longer, don't grovel for us to hurry up because we do have lives and we do have other priorities to take care of, Everwood included.

Thank you,
Wolfe

Level 1
this seems like the greatest ORPG ever i hope this doesn't end up like those WoW Maps
any ways good luck

BTW if you guys are interested into a Free Web Site (hosting) contact me cause i don't think ill need 500 gigabytes of Bandwidth

Level 4
Based on the percent of work done, can we say we can expect a map released mid-April?

Level 9
Back and it looks like not much happened. :O

Yeah, we haven't been progressing much lately, mainly because of real life issues and such, and I'm sorry for that. D=

I've only wrote a few smaller scripts, like attribute systems and such, which I won't bother posting here. However, the largest systems have been imported into the map (the inventory, for instance).

Yeah, we haven't been progressing much lately, mainly because of real life issues and such, and I'm sorry for that. D=

I've only wrote a few smaller scripts, like attribute systems and such, which I won't bother posting here. However, the largest systems have been imported into the map (the inventory, for instance).

Any update however menial would still be awesome to know. At least you're still working on it. :D

How can you keep the size under 4 mb and having over 650 imports?
Btw this map looks awesome :thumbs_up:

Either one of two things; 1: RolePlaynGamer is a god or 2: compressor.

Level 9
onisaiyan808 said:
Either one of two things; 1: RolePlaynGamer is a god or 2: compressor.

A combination of both, =P
So far I've only compressed a few of the models by myself, and those that I haven't compressed, I made from scratch, like most of the item models we have so far. When the map is nearing a beta stage I'll squish the models for more compression.

bounty hunter2 said:
Any estimation of a Demo or any public release?

That question has been asked a hundred times, and I really can't answer it. It's hard to tell when a project as big as this is going to get done, one year ago I thought we would finish it during the sommer holiday, which we in no way did. You'll just have to be patient.

If you in any way think you can contribute something to Everwood, feel free to contact me, as I would gladly accept any help, however, we won't except anything, only if we find it useful.

TyrealFiles said:
BTW if you guys are interested into a Free Web Site (hosting) contact me cause i don't think ill need 500 gigabytes of Bandwidth

Sounds great, =D
I'll discuss it with my team, since I'm not sure we need it. =]

Level 4
I'm not really in my place to post this but I'm curious as to why the OP hasn't post it here yet.

This is the custom inventory system EVerwood would use. I found it on another respectable WC modding community.

Clipboard01-1.jpg

The black space between is where your character is supposed to be shown wearing his equipped gear.

I could have posted the site but I think that's against CoC.

NOTE THAT I AM NOT AFFILIATED OR AM WORKING WITH THE OP(RolePlaynGamer) FOR THE CREATION OF THE MOD.

Level 4
I also read from the thread that the save/load code would save only the equipped items. Is it true?

*looks for the OP to answer*

Level 9
Yeah, lately I haven't had much time infront of my computer as I used to have. It really sucks that I can't find time to do something really progressive so we can finally realease the map. I'll make sure to discuss this with the team so we can find some kind of solution. I'm sorry for not releasing this earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.