1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Dungeon Panic

Submitted by Jake Kessler
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

DUNGEON PANIC
Created by JAKE KESSLER

Dungeon Panic is a single-player puzzle RPG in the vein of games like Chip's Challenge.

Explore dungeons, solve puzzles, defeat bosses, and unlock additional appearances for your hero! But beware - the deeper you go in the labyrinth, the heavier the toll on your own mind.

Campaign version: 1.0.7.6.2019
Game version: 1.28f

Features:

Short, engaging puzzles
Challenging boss fights
Innovative death system that rewards exploration
Collectible hero appearances
Tons of secrets and easter eggs
Unique soundtrack

Media:

Media

Warning - This section contains spoilers!

First Floor Walkthrough

Second Floor Walkthrough Pt. 1

Second Floor Walkthrough Pt. 2

Change Log:

Change Log

Version 1.0.7.6.2019

Version 1.0 is live! Contains levels 1 through 10.
You may experience compatibility issues with patch 1.30 or newer. See Known Issues, below.

Known Issues:

Known Issues

Warning - This section may contain spoilers!

General
Spinning Blades sometimes get stuck in place. (May happen when resetting on death)
The first time a level is loaded, there can be a delay before fading in. (Does not happen on subsequent loads)

1.30 Compatibility
The following issues only occur on game version 1.30 or higher:
Menus and loading screens look bad due to being the wrong aspect ratio.
WarCraft III music plays on loading screens.
Infernal Contraptions and other objects are sometimes incorrectly colored red instead of black.

Map 04 - "A Bridge from Below"
Spinning Blade by the entrance starts out moving the wrong direction.

Map 06 - "Undercross"
It is possible to exit some elevators in the wrong direction.

Map 10 - "Fire Down Below"
Infernus, Phoenix Eggs, and Phoenixes can incorrectly be damaged by Flame Strike.

Credits:

Credits

Design:

Jake Kessler

Testers:

Rebekah S.
Scott M.
Matt R.

Models:

General Frank
kellym0
Matarael
Mr.Goblin

Icons:

CRAZYRUSSIAN
D.ee
kellym0
Mad
PeeKay
San
The_Silent

Music:

"Into the Abyss" by Tisamoo
"Clubbed to Death" from The Matrix soundtrack
"Gateroom" from Riven soundtrack
"The 21st Hall" from Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria soundtrack
"Start Shootin'" by Little People

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates
Previews
Contents

Dungeon Panic (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Please remove the RPG tag. It's not a Role Playing Game. Also, put a more fitting map preview for the forum than a random screenshot. If there's no story set in Warcraft's universe or at all, why use characters or names from there? [spoiler] Yeah,...
  1. Blasterixx

Blasterixx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool little puzzle game you got here, pretty unique i gotta say, But like Deepstrasz said, you really need to put some sort of hint on the mobs that have items/keys hidden in them, otherwise you will make a lot of players ragequit(myself included),its not that the puzzles were hard(more like tedious and because they were pretty boring as well, i just couldn't go and do all of them all over again, just because i didn't kill a random zombie). Another point that i dislike is the fact the camera stays locked on the hero, i can see why u did that here, but any map that fucks with the camera for me is already a big nono, maybe implement a command to disable the camera lock?(would be nice).