• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Panic: Survivor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Zombie Panic Survivor
A small WC3 map that i'm working on in my spare time. It will be a 8-12 player map (undecided) and will feature a fun zombie survival theme. Yes i did get the idea from Zombie Panic Source.

Ive already finished the terrain and the doodads. Everything else is just starting to be worked on.
Zombie Panic Survivor has 2 teams, Zombies and Humans.
Everyone starts out as a human. One person will be selected at random to become a zombie. When they become a zombie they are temporarily killed and must wait 1 minute. When that one minute is up the zombie will spawn and hunt down the living. Based on the difficulty the zombies speed/attack/hp/defense will all change. The zombie has unlimited re-spawns unless everyone but one person is a zombie, then re spawns are disabled and that last person has to survive for the rest of the game or kill the rest of the zombies.

Humans win by surviving for X minutes of time OR killing all the zombies when there is just one human left.

Zombies win by killing all humans.

The zombie players can find upgrades scattered around the map.

The human players have to find guns and other items (ie. Barricades, turrets, better guns, grenades, stat boosters, ammunition, ect.) The survivors can also purchase upgrades with money picked up in random locations on the map.

The map is designed to be dark and gloomy, flashlights can be found and used as a human to counter this.

Each player, zombie and human, can select different types of heroes they want. Rather they want a +STR or +INT, ect. Each human hero has a zombie counterpart which they will become if they die.

SO what i need is testers and some good ideas. (Im doing a variety of everything)
-Beta Testers (As many as possible)
-Dedicated Idea Makers x2-4
-Unit/Item/Ability Editors x1-2
-vJass coders x1-2

ALL SLOTS ARE OPEN FEEL FREE TO REPLY

Note: after reading this you may think: hey this sounds like island defense or something. Yes it is similar but with no bases. Instead you simply have guns and a few different building items from the map.

Balancing issues: You may think that 1 zombie vs all the humans may be hard at the start, well i have ways to make it more balanced so dont worry.

CONTACT me at [email protected]
Or here.

Level 2
Welcome in. I wont be asking much of you, just if you have any good ideas for like weapons or how to spice gameplay up tell me. And i will be using you to bounce ideas off. THats pretty much all.

Status
Not open for further replies.