• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

capitain fachiru

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Straze
humans campaings by daniel fachiru gaming sorry for bags
Contents

capitain fachiru (Campaign)

Reviews
KingLich
1. Need to improve a lot on English overall 2. Maps are too big, there's a lot of wasted space 3. Bugs on the following maps: - Chapter 3: At the beginning, one of my heroes die while cinematic is on (can't control units) - Chapter 4: I won the...
MasterBlaster
I'm sad to say this, but this has got to be one of the worst - if not the worst - campaign that I have ever played. As @Daffa the Mage mentioned, there's barely any effort put into this. But first things first - let's take a closer look on the...
deepstrasz
Set to Substandard based on @MasterBlaster's review. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange! R U L E S Site Rules Map Submission Rules U P L O A D I N G - A - M A P M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N...
Level 4
1. Need to improve a lot on English overall
2. Maps are too big, there's a lot of wasted space
3. Bugs on the following maps:
- Chapter 3: At the beginning, one of my heroes die while cinematic is on (can't control units)
- Chapter 4: I won the map after destroying the human castle while the undead base was left untouched (need to add more conditions to the win condition)

Level 20
I'm sad to say this, but this has got to be one of the worst - if not the worst - campaign that I have ever played.

As @Daffa the Mage mentioned, there's barely any effort put into this.
But first things first - let's take a closer look on the properties of this project:

1. Terraining.

Although the maps are pretty big, only a small part of the available terrain is used for anything, the rest is just an empty, flat space, which makes the maps seems very barren. Moreover, even the parts that actually contain anything are extremely basic and uninspired. I cannot see any meaningful artistic or design vision behind any of the maps - in truth, the terraining feels like a bunch of stuff that was placed semi-randomly, without the author even trying to make them come together to create an interesting or visually pleasing gameplay environment.

Verdict: 0,5/10

2. Story, writing & storytelling.

I'm not going to bash this project based on grammar issues - sure, the author struggles with using even the most basic English, but that's not the worst part. What is though is the fact that the author didn't even bother to do things like naming the chapters, use proper sentences, capitalize words, etc. I find absolutely no excuse for that - this is not a problem with the author having issues with writing in a foreign language, no, it's a problem with the author simply being lazy.

As for the actual story - it is almost non-existant. And what's there suffers from a terrible writing, with lines of dialogue that are not only very basic, but also don't convey any meaningful or interesting pieces of information whatsoever. No offence, but both the story and the writing feel like a low effort placeholder used to test triggers, not an actual attempt at writing anything enjoyable.

Verdict: 0/10

3. Triggering & gameplay.

Despite the triggering being extremely basic and rather messy, I'd say that it is still the best part of this campaign. Not because it is good in any way, shape or form, no, it's the best part just because it is the only element of this campaign where I can see the author putting in at least some effort. Not much, but at least it's there.

As for the gameplay... All I will say is that the only thing that makes this campaign even remotely enjoyable is that fact that Warcraft 3 is a very enjoyable game by itself, so even putting a couple of units on the map with little to no thought put to chapter's design produces at least a tiny bit of fun. And sadly, the only enjoyment I got from this project came from this, not from anything the author has designed.

Verdict: 1/10

A word for the author: I'm sorry, but this campaign is very basic and just straight up bad. If you want to create anything worthwhile, you have to try harder and improve... a lot. I recommend that you hit up the tutorial section for tips on how to get better at map making and generally trying out some of the highest rated projects to get some nice inspiration :)

---

Summary:

I generally feel that I've put in more effort to write this review than the author of this campaign put into creating it :)

Pretty much every aspect of this project is extremely basic and low effort. At first, it seems like a compilation of "My first Warcraft 3 map ever" kinda thing, but considering that the author uses these campaigns to advertise his youtube chanel and that it doesn't look like he even tried to create anything worthwhile, I suspect that this might just be something that was thrown together quickly simply to upload to the Hive as an excuse for the advertisement.

Verdict: 1/5
Do not waste time on this campaign. There's a ton of other projects out there that are simply better.

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Creating a campaign of quality so low that even a way-too-nice user like @MasterBlaster
considers it a waste of time, is definitely NOT going to support your YouTube channel.

Also, from what I have seen on your channel, it is not even in English, so why the hell advertise
it on an english website?
On top of that, you are not 18 years old, you play with webcam, you should not lie if you do something
like that.

To top it off, I wonder if your english skills are even remotely advanced enough to fully understand
any of the posts that have been written here.

Verdict:
The way I see it, you should either put some effort in any future campaign or simply STOP.
Right now, you are wasting everybody's time.

I generally feel that I've put in more effort to write this review than the author of this campaign put into creating it :)
I honestly feel like even this simple post of mine had more effort put into it and I didn't even play or download this campaign. :p

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Set to Substandard based on @MasterBlaster's review.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

U P L O A D I N G - A - M A P

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/