• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug Report

Level 29
All of them?
There is more than one kind of them.

I haven't been having time to play, so I went now to recheck.

The melee units I am talking about are the ones that stand at the entrance to the Dwarven bases, alongside riflemen and the Cannon Towers.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I can only assume that it is either a bugged game or campaign file for you or related to your version.
Because that model we are talking about is an edited mountain king with no custom textures whatsoever.
Can you test if you can see the normal mountain king in a melee game? If you do, try re-downloading the campaign?
If you don't, I am very sure that the texture file in your game is bugged, so maybe upgrade or downgrade your WC3?

Level 29
I can only assume that it is either a bugged game or campaign file for you or related to your version.
Because that model we are talking about is an edited mountain king with no custom textures whatsoever.
Can you test if you can see the normal mountain king in a melee game? If you do, try re-downloading the campaign?
If you don't, I am very sure that the texture file in your game is bugged, so maybe upgrade or downgrade your WC3?

Most likely it is my version.

Because I now tested Chapter Eight, and my game stops working during the initial cinematic when it skips to the humans talking.

Level 22
Don't know if it can be fixed, but your workers stop harvesting gold/lumber once you've researched mechanized warfare, forcing you to reassign them again manually.
Also, the Merciless' death animation bug, which was fixed a few version ago, seems to be back:
.....jpg

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Don't know if it can be fixed, but your workers stop harvesting gold/lumber once you've researched mechanized warfare, forcing you to reassign them again manually.
I am going to use the Chaos ability in the next update which is going to completely fix this issue.
Not planning to update before at least another map has been completed, still.
Also, the Merciless' death animation bug, which was fixed a few version ago, seems to be back:
Interesting since I have not touched the model or the map or the unit at all.

Level 4
Making war zeppelin can go above the food cap
Edit: anything that can transform can go above the food cap

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-13_23-9-36.png
    upload_2019-2-13_23-9-36.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Level 29
Ok, I now possess a newer version and managed to play the Chapter Eight correctly.

The only bug I did found was when the Redfist commander Thorn and the Salrian general start fighting, Thorn casts Holy Light on the General and stops attacking and the General keeps attacking nonstop.

Level 29
Good to hear! What about Seven's issues?

Have you downloaded the newest version of the campaign, 0.43?
That issue should have been fixed since 0.42.

I went to recheck. The Dwarven melee units that stand at the entrance of the Dwarven bases still don't appear. Other than that I found no other.

I downloaded the version that was on the Downloads page.

Level 5
Bug, if you instantly skip the cinematic where Grofzag and Zairmak meet bearmen, you get invulnerability.

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-15_16-24-3.png
    upload_2019-2-15_16-24-3.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 93

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Its stated in chapter that the player has no air units except for dragon yet I have acces to to war zeppelins.

Is that intended?

Level 4
Found another bug regarding unit transformation. If you have the money that can transform one unit, you can transform all the units (whose in that group) even without proper amount of money.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

You can also surpass the food limit with unit trasnformation, if I recall.

Level 22
Once you research the sapper upgrade, instead of changing the damage number to 450, it changes it to 350.
Also, the bloodhound portrait is bugged. It remains static without moving.

Interlude 3:

halfbred -> half-bred
keep your distance I will deal with this one. -> keep your distance. I will deal with this one.

Level 5
Chapter 7, is it intentional to have no trainable units in the beastiary?

We can still research Liquid Fire in Chapter 9, despite the lack of troll batriders.

We can attack the gates in Chapter 10.

Last edited:
Level 22
Grozfag's items and ability levels didn't transfer successfully to chapter 11. Amari's did.

......jpg .......jpg

Also, the pirates can get stuck near the landing zone because of the big rock. It often makes it look like they have no idea what they're doing.

........jpg

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Grozfag's items and ability levels didn't transfer successfully to chapter 11. Amari's did.
Oh yes, right, that is a cache error from Ten that was fixed with the update.
Playing Ten again fixes it.
Also, the pirates can get stuck near the landing zone because of the big rock. It often makes it look like they have no idea what they're doing.
They are probably drunk.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
They're like that when your ships are nearby, at least in my experience. Can't quite attack your ships but still in sight. There's honestly just a lot of problems that occur with naval maps that won't be resolved until blizz adds naval AI back into WC.

Level 6
i found bug in chapter 11 , when you get reinforced by your allies, all your dark trolls are named Grellas Bonehunter

Level 10
I know it probably isn't technically a bug, but still, a fair warning to people going in Easy mode for Mission 6 of the Second Orc Book: If you choose Blen here, him and all other units on the Kasrkin's side will still have their reduced HP when you take their control. And that's not funny when you had to set up a wall of towers at the top of the final stairs to contain the constant trickling of Kasrkin seeking to repopulate the stairs coming from Blen's base.

Level 4
Some small stuff:
Brawler cost 2 food, meanwhile assassins cost 3
tooltip, axethrower a ranged unit that can be further upgraded into a "dragon lancer" D:

Last edited:
Level 29
In Chapter Twelve, when we are attacking Logan's base there are invisible Spirit Towers attacking us even before the Undead appear. They only become both visible and targetable after the undead appear.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Some stuff Ive noticed so far:

1)Sas orders both goblins and ogres to hold the east, while ogres are holding the west. An oversight?
2) The spirit towers. Probably should block the paths to the undead bases with some rocks. And the invisible towers, thats ought to be fixed as well. By the way, no blight covering the ground of the undead bases. Is that intentional?
3) We have a totem! Yet no units to train. Anyway, what happened with the champions we used to have in the FOB?
4) Didnt notice any cyclopes despite the fact that Brockta mentiones them. Maybe I didnt notice

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
2) The spirit towers. Probably should block the paths to the undead bases with some rocks. And the invisible towers, thats ought to be fixed as well. By the way, no blight covering the ground of the undead bases. Is that intentional?
I have decided to add the rocks even if that doesn't fix the issue when the player uses air units.
The Undead used to have their bases disguised as human, but the replacing caused a MASSIVE lag.
Same for hiding the buildings and adding them later, both with and without blight, it was just buggy.
Blight ot being there is intentional.
3) We have a totem! Yet no units to train. Anyway, what happened with the champions we used to have in the FOB?
The Second Orc Book has only three production buildings for the Orcs: Barracks, Beastiary and Spirit Lodge.
The Totem has been/still is a techtree only building for this campaign.

Rest has been dealt with, thanks for reporting! :)
Uploading 0.71 in a few minutes.
Edit: Done.

Last edited:

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

I have decided to add the rocks even if that doesn't fix the issue when the player uses air units.
The Undead used to have their bases disguised as human, but the replacing caused a MASSIVE lag.
Same for hiding the buildings and adding them later, both with and without blight, it was just buggy.
Blight ot being there is intentional.

The Second Orc Book has only three production buildings for the Orcs: Barracks, Beastiary and Spirit Lodge.
The Totem has been/still is a techtree only building for this campaign.

Rest has been dealt with, thanks for reporting! :)
Uploading 0.71 in a few minutes.
Edit: Done.

Oh, I messed up then. For some odd reason I thought we could train something in the totem. Guess the fact that we have all the upgrades makes its hard to memorize the respective responsibilities of all buildings.

As for the undead I think a way of hiding them could be making them neutral towards the player and then switching them to be hostile once they become visible. That way air units won't find anything while flying by. Yet Im not sure how much laggy it could turn out in the end.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

I see. Well, let it be an omen to those who love to scout the map.

Stylin' without laggin'