1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

AlienZ 1.0.0

Submitted by Cryze666
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
AlienZ

Hunters will hunt down Aliens, while the aliens try to hide, reproduce and mutate to eventually overwhelm and kill the hunters.

As Hunter your objective is simple: kill the aliens before they become strong enough to kill you.
Around the map you can find crates that dropped of the crashed spaceship. In these crates you will be able to find some of your equippment.

As Alien your objective is a little more challenging: hide and survive until you consumed enough lifeforms to mutate.
Each mutation will increase your power and abilities - at somepoint you will be able to fight back the hunters. Until then you can protect yourself by laying eggs and attack the hunters with your hatchlings.

Will the Hunters be able to hunt down the Aliens, or will the hunter become the hunted on this foreign planet?

Inspired by the concept of the "Evolve" game as well as simple "hide and seek"-games.

Made by Cryze_Hunter (Cryze666) within 3 hours for Cryze_Hunters MapJam#2 and updated later to be completely playable.

*You can test the map (without ai) in single player by typing "-test" during the first 20 seconds (only works on singleplayer and only works with the username "WorldEdit") - this was just for my testings and for you to have a look at the map but wont be very entertaining.

Ressource-Credits:

Viper MK VII - syc - hiveworkshop.com
Konstrukt_SniperMissile01 - Talon the Mage - hiveworkshop.com
Sentry Machinegun - Kitabatake - hiveworkshop.com
Camera (edited Sentry Machinegun) - Kitabatake - hiveworkshop.com
Artillery Strike - WILL THE ALMIGHTY - hiveworkshop.com
OrcwortFruit - SuPa- - hiveworkshop.com
Crate - Deolrin - hiveworkshop.com
Laser - Mc ! - hiveworkshop.com
Ammo Box - Thrikodius - hiveworkshop.com
zerg ship - Pyritie, Pyritie & The_Silent - hiveworkshop.com
Felucian Flora - Fingolfin - hiveworkshop.com
Crystals - ??? - ???
Skull-Probe - ZODD - chaosrealm.co
Zerg Mutalisk - Dragonias - chaosrealm.co
SC2 Drone - Dragonias - chaosrealm.co
Starcraft 2 Ultralisk - Dragonias - chaosrealm.co
SC2 Zerg Baneling - Dragonias - chaosrealm.co
Jim Raynor Marine - Dragonias - chaosrealm.co
Carrier - Dragonias - chaosrealm.co
CleftHoove (WoW) - ??? - XGM: eXtreme Gamedev & Modmaking
Evolve - Main Theme (Music) - Turtle Rock Studios - Youtube.com
LoadingScreen (picture of Ultralisk fighting Marine) - Luke Macani - https://starcraft.fandom.com/wiki
Previews
Contents

AlienZ 1.0.0 (Map)

Reviews
Nihilism_Is_Death
Okay, just tried this out in a lobby. 4 hunters vs 2 aliens. I played as the alien. Visuals: The terrain was well decorated and not boring. The setting fit the game's theme of being on an alien planet. The model choices for the aliens are good. The...
  1. FeruEnzeruJKun

FeruEnzeruJKun

Resources:
    Resources:
    i would to try this map on single player/solo instead of a little MP maybe?

But i can't, i don't wanna go back to playing my WC3 crap with the sci-fi to MW maps unless i have my required parts of me which my two main-but-50-75% real whatever online accounts that are urgent back which are from dA and Tumblr garbage sadly, bah. :pmeh:

I want my WC3 playing sci-fi to MW maps back to me! meh [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Cryze666

Cryze666

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ah you can test it (but ofc without enemies as there is no ai) in single player by typing -test during the first 20 seconds (only works on singleplayer and only works with the username "WorldEdit")

i'll add it to the description

3. FeruEnzeruJKun

FeruEnzeruJKun

Resources:
    Resources:
    iddk, depending on a rough day to life, i'll test it though unless whenever i have my everything i lost from my 2017 to the future urgently by my time being. :")

i like playing maps whenever it sci-fi or MW or both on single-player to solo every day mostly.

4. Nihilism_Is_Death

Nihilism_Is_Death

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Okay, just tried this out in a lobby. 4 hunters vs 2 aliens. I played as the alien.

Visuals:

The terrain was well decorated and not boring. The setting fit the game's theme of being on an alien planet. The model choices for the aliens are good. The hunter model choices fit as well.

Gameplay:

Aliens have to go around the map killing wildlife and the unknown plants for mana which can be used for evolving the queen little by little. They must also lay eggs and try to build a large alien army. Aliens must also hide from the hunters whilst doing this. The hunters must find the aliens and kill them.

The aliens could have more complex gameplay by giving them different kinds of eggs to lay or by giving the basic alien an evolution path. The basic egg hatches a baby alien which could then choose to evolve into a proto-queen, stealthy alien, quick alien, or a combat alien. These lesser aliens could go to combat with the hunters making the game more interactive and exciting between the 2 teams. If you implement a system like this I would be wary to not make these lesser aliens stronger than the queen. The current basic alien does almost the same damage as a hunter does in terms of DPS.

Now for the hunters. I didn't play as the hunters but peer complaints were lack of scouting abilities and lack of damage. They should be given the skull drone or something similar but make it timed and not permanent and not invulnerable too. I would also consider making them heroes instead of regular units and perhaps giving the player a choice from a set of hunters they can play as when the game starts. For example, you could have scouts, fighters, engineers, etc. This will make the game more complex and allow for the game to be different every match. Their damage should also be increased as well. They struggle to kill a basic drone which moves faster than them and slows them with poison and does a good amount of damage to them before they die. A group of 3 basic aliens could probably near kill a hunter. I would also make the hunters have shared vision to make hunting aliens easier.

Bugs: Didn't run into any issues here.

Overall, the game was enjoyable playing it the first time but I have no reason to play it again due to the lack of complexity and choice. It has the potential to be really fun if you spend more time developing it more. You style and ideas are good, this project could benefit from more time and complexity.

Current Rating: Okay/Awesome

Replay: I played as red "UltraVioletWave"
    Gametime: 16 minutes

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  5. Cryze666

Cryze666

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Nihilism_Is_Death thank you a lot for you review as some of your ideas will find their way into the game for sure!
    i'm currently working on another map so i'll have to postpone any updates on this map for now but theyll come in the next weeks!