• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2P Custom Campaign 01: A Clash In The Forest.

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Straze
01: A Clash In The Forest.
V.1.1
-Completely Reskinned Orc Units.
-Fixed No Item Drops From Trolls Bug.
-Improved AI.

V.1.2
-Fixed Some Bugs.

V.1.3
-Fixed Some Known Issues and Bugs. Updated Terrain a little bit.
Thanks to Direfury For Thrall Model,Kuhneghetz For Ranger Hero Model,Stefan.K for Paladin Model, Asssssvi For Human Archer Model And johnwar For Grunt, Spearthrower, And Raider Models.
Contents

2PCampaign:Clash In The Forest 1.3 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Apparently, there's still some users to credit: Resources in use by 2P Custom Campaign 01: A Clash In The Forest. Please improve the description as in the guides below, to make it more informative. The camera should reset after the cinematic scene. A...
Level 23
Hello, I'm glad to see that there are new people uploading content, that keeps the community alive. That being said, it becomes quite obvious that you don't have much experience creating maps in the World Editor, there are many gaps and bugs, from the graphical aspect of the map (extremely flat and simple) to the victory and defeat conditions (destroy a single building) going through many others. But I don't want you to take it the wrong way or get discouraged, absolutely all of us who create content have been at that same point.

So I will give you the best possible advice for someone who is starting out on this, forget about the scores, feed on the comments and criticisms and focus on this map, on improving it, on learning to do everything that you still don't know, don't start doing it other maps because that way it will be very difficult to advance. Spend time on it and update it to boredom if necessary, the point is to get a map, even just one, of a certain quality before starting a larger project.

In the same way, the best way to learn is to download quality content from the forum, open the maps with the World Editor and see how things are done, there are also guides and also, you can always ask other creators how to do something specific.

Well, nothing more, I hope you stay here for much longer, learning, improving and in the future, uploading more content.

Regards.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Apparently, there's still some users to credit: Resources in use by 2P Custom Campaign 01: A Clash In The Forest.
Please improve the description as in the guides below, to make it more informative.

The camera should reset after the cinematic scene.
A thing to know is that in English only names, acronyms and the pronoun I are written with a starting capital letter (might be missing some others but you get the idea).
The techtree is pretty much the same, the Spearthrower using Troll Regeneration and the catapult having a word in another language instead of Train.
The description of the Barracks says Headhunters instead of Spearthrowers.
Thrall has no hero glow. You can simply add it: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling
It's good that you made an AI for the enemy. Also good that it can be played by more players but would be nice to also be able to play it singleplayer.

When trying to do a map, first always try to get inspiration from the genre you're trying to make. The most important baseline is the original campaign/game.
While this might be a good start, you should improve by mapping and playing other maps and trying to understand how the original game maps were made. You should take good care of this map first before uploading others or be more selective and upload only your best work after many iterations of learning.

Follow some of the helpful guides linked below to get an idea on terraining and other things.

Simple.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Last edited:
Level 4
Apparently, there's still some users to credit: Resources in use by 2P Custom Campaign 01: A Clash In The Forest.
Please improve the description as in the guides below, to make it more informative.

The camera should reset after the cinematic scene.
A thing to know is that in English only names, acronyms and the pronoun I are written with a starting capital letter (might be missing some others but you get the idea).
The techtree is pretty much the same, the Spearthrower using Troll Regeneration and the catapult having a word in another language instead of Train.
The description of the Barracks says Headhunters instead of Spearthrowers.
Thrall has no hero glow. You can simply add it: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling
It's good that you made an AI for the enemy. Also good that it can be played by more players but would be nice to also be able to play it singleplayer.

When trying to do a map, first always try to get inspiration from the genre you're trying to make. The most important baseline is the original campaign/game.
While this might be a good start, you should improve by mapping and playing other maps and trying to understand how the original game maps were made. You should take good care of this map first before uploading others or be more selective and upload only your best work after many iterations of learning.

Follow some of the helpful guides linked below to get an idea on terraining and other things.

Simple.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/
Thank You For your Comment, I Will Fix All the Things You Mentioned.