• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to create the 2p campaign code system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
For the campaign, I am creating I am attempting to make it have a 2p option and a single player option (these will be separated with single player being an actual campaign). I was wondering how I could do the save/load code system present in the 2p campaign made by The Spoon. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Level 23
I would not mind helping you with this (translation- I give you the exact trigger and you need to do little to 0 work).
But I want to see the below conditions met first. I am not trying to force you to do anything or be arrogant, but these conditions below will help you if you are serious about trying to achieve the goal you stated in your original post.

A) You need to actually show a commitment to the project you are doing. Many people want to do cool things when they have only just started their project---asking for models, UI, etc.., but the reality of how much work your project will take won't hit you until you do more. Then your expectations will be adjusted.

B) You need to decide if you are making a campaign file, or separate maps for 2p. It is ridiculously unrealistic to try to do both right at the beginning of your project.

C) If you choose the 2p map series option, you need to complete all object data for the entire campaign before you even start making multiple maps. Unlike a campaign editor where you can edit the object data whenever and have it apply to all the maps, a 2p series would force you to change object data in every single map. So for the sake of time, all the object data needs to be complete before you even start the maps.

Good luck with your project though.

Level 6
Alright, thanks for the feedback. Will probs put off 2p version too after the single player is finished as I still do wish to have a 2p version since I believe there's not enough of those types of campaigns. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.