• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2 Player Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
The 2-Player Campaign
A project by The-Spoon

This is a project I started on in the new year.
I am converting the normal warcraft campaigns into 2 players maps.
So you and a friend can play the story and save azeroth.

It is for people who want to (re)play the campaign - without cheating.
And would rather not do it on their lonesome.

I plan to do as many of these as possible,
But I really doubt I'll get them all done :C

Completed 16 levels so far.
At the moment they are needing some testing, so expect bugs,
And if you find any please report them (no matter how trivial)
General suggestions are also welcome.
I hope to release 1 level per week.

Features:
- A save/load code system found in ORPGs to record items/abilities between levels.
- Score system, where at the end of the level you get a grade A-E, based on how well you did.
- The interludes are incorperated into the map, so you don't have to download a seperate map to watch a video.
- Original heroes for when there is only 1 hero on the level.
- All the levels will be set to 'hard mode', but with help from your team-mate it should all be reasonably possible
- Shared research and techtree systems with your ally.

Credits:
- Original work - Blizzard Entertainment
- Support and Growth - Hiveworkshop and its Members
- Alpha Testing - HT_Artanis, Nekomimi, PureEvil[PIE], Clan Void members
- Save/load system - Aceheart
- H10 - Battle Music: Dark Chest of Wonders - Nightwish
- H10 - Deadeye model: jigrael
- H10 - Arthas model: Dan van Ohllus
- H10 - Crystal Golem model: Mc !
- H10 - Crystal Spikes model: Marcelo Hossomi
- H10 - Ghost of Northrend model: PrMosquito
- H10 - Skelesaurus model: Cavman
- UD - Falric model: Alastor
- UD - Runebreak icon: CRAZYRUSSIAN
- UD - Tainted Blow icon: Darkfang
- UD - Departed buff model: Jet Fang Inferno

Human Campaign: The Scourge of Lordaeron

Chapter 1: The Defense of Strahnbrad
Chapter 2: Blackrock and Roll
Chapter 3: Ravages of the Plague
Chapter 4: The Cult of the Damned
Chapter 5: March of the Scourge
Chapter 6: The Culling
Chapter 7: The Shores of Northrend
Chapter 8: Dissension
Chapter 9: Frostmourne
Chapter 10: Isolation (Custom made chapter)
Complete Pack

Undead Campaign: Path of the Damned

Chapter 1: Trudging through the Ashes
Chapter 2: Digging up the Dead
Chapter 3: Into the Realm Eternal
Chapter 4: Key of the Three Moons
Chapter 5: The Fall of the Silvermoon
Chapter 6: Blackrock & Roll, Too!
Chapter 7: The Seige of Dalaran
Chapter 8: Under the Burning Sky
Chapter 9: ???? (Custom made chapter)

Orc Campaign: The Invasion of Kalimdor

Chapter 1: Landfall
Chapter 2: The Long March
Chapter 3: Cry of the Warsong
Chapter 4: The Spirits of Ashenvale
Chapter 5: The Hunter of Shadows
Chapter 6: Where Wyverns Dare
Chapter 7: The Oracle
Chapter 8: By Demons be Driven

Night Elf Campaign: Eternity's End

Chapter 1: Enemies at the Gate
Chapter 2: Daughters of the Moon
Chapter 3: The Awakening of Stormrage
Chapter 4: The Druids Arise
Chapter 5: Brothers in Blood
Chapter 6: A Destiny of Flame and Sorrow
Chapter 7: Twilight of the Gods
Chapter 8: ???? (Custom made chapter)

------------------------------------------

Sentinel Campaign: Terror of the Tides

Chapter 1: Rise of the Naga
Chapter 2: The Broken Isles
Chapter 3: The Tomb of Sargeras
Chapter 4: Wrath of the Betrayer
Chapter 5: Balancing the Scales
Chapter 6: Shards of the Alliance
Chapter 7: The Ruins of Dalaran
Chapter 8: The Brothers Stormrage

Alliance Campaign: Curse of the Blood Elves

Chapter 1: Misconceptions
Chapter 2: A Dark Convenant
Chapter 3a: The Dungeons of Dalaran
Chapter 3b: The Crossing
Chapter 4: The Search for Illidan
Chapter 5: Gates of the Abyss
Chapter 6: Lords of Outland
Chapter 7: ???? (Custom made chapter)

Scourge Campaign: Legacy of the Damned

Chapter 1: King Arthas
Chapter 2: The Flight from Lordaeron
Chapter 3: The Dark Lady
Chapter 4: The Return to Northrend
Chapter 5: Dreadlord's Fall
Chapter 6: A New Power in Lordearon
Chapter 7a: Into the Shadow Web Caverns
Chapter 7b: The Forgotten Ones
Chapter 7c: Ascent to the Upper Kingdom
Chapter 8: A Symphony of Frost and Flame

Challenge: FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY!!
To celebrate the release of Undead Chapter 1
I challenge players to score the best possible time for a 'Perfect Score' for the map.
You must:
- Play the level on insane difficulty
- Complete the level in the shortest possible time
- Find every bonus on the level
- Avoid detection from all 10 guard groups
Then send a REPLAY of your game as proof.
The 2 winners will have an easter egg of their choice added to the next custom level!
The competition will last until I release the custom level for this campaign.
Have fun!

Last edited:
Level 3
i love this map Mans, Great Job iam enjoy that with mi friend, iam wait for the next maps, thanks for you job.
Pd: a suggest man, you should cut he limit of the population for player to the half .. i say 50 of food, i recomend this, why i see a much population and the game become easy, i guess cut the food to the half is much better and playabe.

Pd2: sorry for mi inglish but i am a peruvian man (Peru country).

Level 9
The maps where you can build a base and create units will undoubtedly become far easier to beat, unless you intend to make AI more advanced or add more computer players or give more advantages to the enemy it won't be challenging enough to be very fun, just my opinion though.

Level 7
Brilliant Idea! I never seen so original idea. Warcraft III Looks older and older with old maps. When I was new on Warcraft (Battle.net) I started from Vampire Ressurection to DotA. Now I can't stand Vampirism, Castle Fight, and other old type maps. I like when somebody gets creative.

Great Work, I think you finish it. +REP I must subscribe this ;)

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Narrator said:
Great! This is the only thing that WC3 needed, Co-Op campaign.
Heehee ^^ Thx very much!

activewear said:
are you doing all campaigns, i mean RoC and TFT?
Yep, I'm gonna try!
I know, lots to do o.o

amauta said:
i love this map Mans, Great Job iam enjoy that with mi friend, iam wait for the next maps, thanks for you job.
Pd: a suggest man, you should cut he limit of the population for player to the half .. i say 50 of food, i recomend this, why i see a much population and the game become easy, i guess cut the food to the half is much better and playabe.
Thank you very much!
You are right, yes I might have to half the limit.

Darkness-4ever said:
The maps where you can build a base and create units will undoubtedly become far easier to beat, unless you intend to make AI more advanced or add more computer players or give more advantages to the enemy it won't be challenging enough to be very fun, just my opinion though.
Yeah you're right there, I will probably need to think of something.

Hordeon said:
Brilliant Idea! I never seen so original idea. Warcraft III Looks older and older with old maps. When I was new on Warcraft (Battle.net) I started from Vampire Ressurection to DotA. Now I can't stand Vampirism, Castle Fight, and other old type maps. I like when somebody gets creative.
Ooh thanks, I know what you mean ;D

Level 3
Iam waiting for the new maps... i need that :D, jeje thx for all theSpoon, and plzz make your map more Harder :D

Level 3
yeah spoon thx for all iam waiting to the new maps, you made more harder for the next release plz man :D

Level 3
hey men i see a little thing how you should revise, is in the end of the chapter 4 in the info of the game, say chapter 3 finished, xD, is no a bug but is a little error of edition, See u Soon.

I wait for more maps, i love play coop in everygame!!

Level 3
I recomended Remake the UpKepp to the new food sistem in the game.

The Normal Upkeep is:

No Upkeep (0-50 Food: 100% income)

Low Upkeep (51-80 Food: 70% income)

High Upkeep (81-100 Food: 40% income)

The Limit of food is 50 in the new version, we should Be remake the Upkeep too for for balancin sistem.

The New UpKeep Should Be:

No Upkeep (0-25 Food: 100% income)

Low Upkeep (26-40 Food: 70% income)

High Upkeep (41-50 Food: 40% income)

Remenber, we have 2 gold Mines and a great army, this Restriccion make the game more harder.

The player should be think (i need a great army and spend resourses to my army (no-low-high Upkeep).

The actual Upkeep Sistem Give a great handicap to the enemy... well i think xD..

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Amauta said:
Iam waiting for the new maps... i need that :D, jeje thx for all theSpoon, and plzz make your map more Harder :D

hey men i see a little thing how you should revise, is in the end of the chapter 4 in the info of the game, say chapter 3 finished, xD, is no a bug but is a little error of edition,
Your welcome.. and do you mean more difficult? XD
Also well spotted, I'll fix that.

takakenji said:
these series are great so far, are you going to do ALL of wc3?

make falric's voice the captain instead of footman
Hopefully lol o.o
Oooh yeah with the footman : o

SasuhKun said:
This looks incredibly awesome. I mean, wc3 campaign is really awesome. But what can be better than that if not playing on CO-OP with a great friend of yours? I mean, that's so fucking... great lol
Thanks very much : >

Amauta said:
I recomended Remake the UpKepp to the new food sistem in the game.
Thats a good point, I think I will do that. Thanks for the tip!

Last edited:
Level 3
wel thespoon, man iam use the map of the 5 chapter, and iam find some bus and handicaps.

1) The falcreed still Lvl up, no have the limit of the 6 lvls like arthas (mi friend go to 8 lvl for falcreed).

2) In the waves of the sourge in the siege, the lich no have participacion?.. is weir, iam rember lich and lichers and liches atack the base in every wave.

3) is in the end of the chapter 5 in the info of the game, say chapter 3 finished, too.. xD, is not a bug but still persiist, like the chapter 3.

Well thespoon thx for all, iam waiting for the new releases and help you man!!!

Pd: you should be change the voice of the captian

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Yeah I've fixed all problems with the Captain's voice, he now always has the same voice : >

Amauta said:
1) The falcreed still Lvl up, no have the limit of the 6 lvls like arthas (mi friend go to 8 lvl for falcreed).
2) In the waves of the sourge in the siege, the lich no have participacion?.. is weir, iam rember lich and lichers and liches atack the base in every wave.
Yeah I think I know what you mean with the lich, I'll look it up.
And I'll fix the levelling with the captain.
The other problems have already been resolved.

Thx again Amauta!

EDIT: Just checked the real campaign, the Lichs don't come until the end, so it should be right.

Last edited:
Level 3
But? in the hard lvl the lich dont atack in the waves?.
well for add more Dificult the lich should be atack in every wave, he fight with 2 heros xD

Level 3
Love this idea! Always wanted to play the campaign with another person. I really hope you get the chance to get far into the campaign.

If you ever get up to the Orc chapter where Thrall is teamed up with an AI Grom base, it would be great if the second player took over the AI base instead of just sharing a base with Thrall. I strangely always thought it would be fun if Grom's base was playable.

At any rate, keep up the good work. +rep!

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
SSJ2-Trunks said:
Love this idea! Always wanted to play the campaign with another person. I really hope you get the chance to get far into the campaign.

If you ever get up to the Orc chapter where Thrall is teamed up with an AI Grom base, it would be great if the second player took over the AI base instead of just sharing a base with Thrall.

Thanks very much, and thats what I had planned for that level yes : p
And the last level of the NE, there will be an optional 3rd player too : D

Level 2
i have an idea

if you can, put i new upgrade for get more gold, because the upkeep really kill you when you have the low and the high. If you can put that upgrade that will be kool :D

Level 2
Is there anthing wrong with the save load system???
because when i tried to load my code out of the first mission it did not work.

The colours of the code do not mean anything right? it really would be cool if that would work.
maybe i am just doing something wrong but plz check it or tell me what to do plz :D

But i really have to say that this is a very great project and i cant wait for the undead campaign :p
Very nice work so far!!!!!!!!

PS:I never discovered that much bonus things in the maps when i played alone :D

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
activewear said:
if you can, put i new upgrade for get more gold, because the upkeep really kill you when you have the low and the high. If you can put that upgrade that will be kool :D
I know its annoying that you have such a low gold income when you have 50 units (2 gold per worker)
But if you think realisticly, in normal game you would have just 4 gold income,
And since theres two of you..

Although a lot of gold is wasted in building the same building twice and researching things twice for each player. I'm thinking of making a 'shared research' system. So once you research something, both players get it. I'm probably gonna add this when I completed the human campaign.

tulee said:
Please can you make it more difficult? You don't need to add extra bases just increase the health of enemy units. PLEASE. This is the only thing I find less than perfect.
For the moment all the levels are on hard difficulty, so I'm not going to make them harder, but please keep in mind that they are the first levels, and so they are quite easy as it is.
I am thinking of adding a -insane command you can input at the start to make the level harder, because I know you guys really like challenges.
I'll probably also do this at the end of the human campaign.

succusbus said:
Is there anthing wrong with the save load system???
because when i tried to load my code out of the first mission it did not work.
I have not been able to fully test the save/load system,
But there is a chance that your code is wrong.
And yes the colours represent what type of character the letter or number is,
So you don't get confused between 1 and l , or 0 and O
I did check the codes for the first and second level though, make sure you get your code 100% right

Level 2
. I'm thinking of making a 'shared research' system. So once you research something, both players get it. I'm probably gonna add this when I completed the human campaign.

This is great :D
I hope you do all the campaign. I want play all of it with my friend who love the campaign.

Level 3
Hello the spoon, iam play the map Chapter 6: The Culling.
I see 2 bugs.

1) In the Altar, i have the opcion to Buy the Blood mage (Kael).
2) The zombies captured for malganis cannot be see... i se the arthas kills, but i cannot see the malganis captures.

EDIT: I am add, the load sistem malfuntion, when use a load code the captian lost all items.

Last edited:
Level 3
I'm thinking of making a 'shared research' system. So once you research something, both players get it. I'm probably gonna add this when I completed the human campaign.

I sugget Thespoon, for the problem of the research, you should Be Cut the price of the "updates" in the half, is a good Idea, well i Think.

PD: Iam playing the map
Chapter 4: The Cult of the Damned.
Iam see a little bug.

If you pass out the cinematic you star with you army in full healt. But when you see the cinematic you star with your army with low healt.

EDIT: I very weir but iam tryin again skip the cinematic and iam star witch the army of the low healt "WTF" xD, well iam no find a bug .. i think.

Last edited:

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Evil seal said:
That sounds good, one of my friends loves the campains but he has no one to play with. I think you will Change that!
I hope they enjoy it ^^

activewear said:
This is great :D
I hope you do all the campaign. I want play all of it with my friend who love the campaign.
Yeah I just hope I can do it easily, so I don't need to copy loads of dummy unit requirements xD

amauta said:
Hello the spoon, iam play the map Chapter 6: The Culling.
I see 2 bugs.

I sugget Thespoon, for the problem of the research, you should Be Cut the price of the "updates" in the half, is a good Idea, well i Think.

Chapter 4: The Cult of the Damned.
Iam see a little bug.
Thx very much, those bugs on chapter 6 have been fixed : >
Also if I can't get the research system working, I think I'll have to half them.
And.. no bug on chapter 4 do you mean? XP

Level 23
Ahh When can the next chapters come out QQ. I don't want to play them all cause I want to play it at it's hardest difficulty, which from what I have read will only be implemented after all the human maps are done QQ

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
tulee said:
Ahh When can the next chapters come out QQ. I don't want to play them all cause I want to play it at it's hardest difficulty, which from what I have read will only be implemented after all the human maps are done QQ
Sorry about that ^^''

knight26 said:
he cant u doo doo head, cos warcraft 3 doesnt support a multiplayer campaign.. :D
It won't technically be a campaign, its just a series of maps you host online.
Then the infomation is carried between map using save/load codes

luffy said:
@the mapper, sorry for pointless question, there are so many 2 player maps, I have been confused.
Yes I'm gonna try do them all..
And no probs, it gets me sometimes xP
Posts relevant to specific maps should be posted on the map,
But posts to the overall campaign should be posted here

Level 23
Haha I don't mean to sound like I am whining, which by the way spoon I notice you take very well from the posts I read of yours replying to those complainers, It's just that I am scared of how long this might take to finish. I REALLY don't want Starcraft 2 to come out but I have to accept that when it does Warcraft will not be played as it is now. I feel that replaying the campaign that was the very first thing I played when I bought war3 all those years ago would be a fantastic way to say goodbye. Which is why I want it to be super hard +P And for it to hopefully not take too long. Haha. But yea I think this project is great and I am happy you are pursuing this +P+P good luck spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.