• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2 Player Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
i personally think falric should be in the undead campaign, too.. it would fit a lot more than tichondrious or something else running around with arthas. but player 2 should get kel'thuzad after he's revived

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
WaRRioRTF said:
Also, PLEASE don't make specific cinematics tied to -insane difficulty, it's annoying if you just want to remember the story along with a friend. And some plot element is not in the cutscene.

I wasn't planning to do that : O
That checklist is for my chapter 10 map that I'm making

tulee said:
Spoon before you start working on the Undead campaign PLEASE consider either giving the choice of the second hero from a selection of, say, 3 OR have another hero instead of Falric.. Such as a DREADLORD? I know you want Falric because of the 'story' but really when you go onto other campaigns you are going to find the 'story' is hard to keep logical, such as nearly all of the other campaigns will have the race going different ways, I.E Thrall goes to the oracle and Grom goes to Ashenvale. The only way you could really keep the story going here is if you changed the model of the hero when it is with the different faction of the race while it is still the exact same hero, just with a model to fit which part of the race the map is about.
I'm.. not really sure exactly what you mean.
But I'm just having each main hero character have a secondary hero which will follow them through the whole plotline. That can be used when there is no secondary character.

Biggrouse said:
i personally think falric should be in the undead campaign, too.. it would fit a lot more than tichondrious or something else running around with arthas. but player 2 should get kel'thuzad after he's revived
Exactly what I plan to do

Level 1
Just checking to make sure you haven't already given up on these campaigns. I'm really looking forward to playing them all, but I haven't seen you make any changes in a couple of weeks now.

Level 23
SPOON, if the 10th chapter is taking time PLEASE finish the nine you have made already, like adding a insane mode and stuff first. My friends and I are crazy about your game but we don't want to start till it is all finished, please

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Rozbojnik2 said:
i have a Request...
did you can take the version of Your's map?
i newer know when you fixed bugs in the maps and give that on internet...

and, when is the Undead campaing is begginig?
(undead capitan Felric it's must Be!:D)
I don't really understand what you want :eek:
But I will start on the Undead Campaign shortly!

LightOne. said:
Just checking to make sure you haven't already given up on these campaigns. I'm really looking forward to playing them all, but I haven't seen you make any changes in a couple of weeks now.
Sorry I've been working hard on this last chapter, I just finished it
As you can imagine making a map completely from scratch is a bit more difficult XP

tulee said:
SPOON, if the 10th chapter is taking time PLEASE finish the nine you have made already, like adding a insane mode and stuff first. My friends and I are crazy about your game but we don't want to start till it is all finished, please
I just finished the 10th chapter, I'm gonna review the past chapters and add the difficulty, fix the save/load bugs and perhaps I could other features.
So we should have the whole set completed shortly!

SasuhKun said:
Falric would just be disposed after Kel Thuzad is revived? D:
Maybe, I'll make sure to include him where I can!

Level 4
Very nice. Played them all today with a friend of mine. Found some bugs. Last few maps save/load codes didn't work (i.e. 6to7 7to8 8to9). Also the press ESC for next at the last map didn't do anything (whats that next page anyway?). How is the progress with UD maps going? Keep up the good work.
EDIT: In map 7 gold and lumber was normal. Is that intended? Also you should make upgrades cheaper in the other maps but not 50% (more like around 75% of normal cost). Most important thing that has to get cheaper is the Keep and Castle upgrades, because those you always need and they normally don't need to be done 2 times to advance (or in this case with half the resources). Don't make upgrades shared as now it is nice that friends tend to specialize in to 2 paths to supplement each other.
EDITEDIT: I'm really curious how Falric will look as undead. Please please please don't make him a darktinted captain.

Last edited:
Level 2
I don't think we need to share upgrades, now we have always 2 heroes, and cooperation gives us great advantage. Let's take chapter 6th for example: we made it very fast and without any problems (poor Mal'Ganis, shield bash + holy bolt...). You can always make it a bit cheaper (75% of actually cost, same with Keep and Castle upgrades), but I don't think you really have to do it.

About bugs, I don't have nothing new to say, we got problems with save, once we got a code but it didn't work in next chapter (and no, I'm sure I didn't make any mistakes, the hell, I got screen and checked it out several times...). I got one game crush in chapter 10th when captain was falling from the bridge, I didn't dc from bn, but later I didn't have this problem, I don't know what should I think about it... You told to report any problems no matter how trivial:p

I hope, my english is understandable, its isn't my native language and i didn't use it for a really long time;S

Level 23
Falric would just be disposed after Kel Thuzad is revived? D:

Kel is only playable for two levels.. Please keep Falric for the entire campaign

I don't think we need to share upgrades, now we have always 2 heroes, and cooperation gives us great advantage. Let's take chapter 6th for example: we made it very fast and without any problems (poor Mal'Ganis, shield bash + holy bolt...). You can always make it a bit cheaper (75% of actually cost, same with Keep and Castle upgrades), but I don't think you really have to do it.

About bugs, I don't have nothing new to say, we got problems with save, once we got a code but it didn't work in next chapter (and no, I'm sure I didn't make any mistakes, the hell, I got screen and checked it out several times...). I got one game crush in chapter 10th when captain was falling from the bridge, I didn't dc from bn, but later I didn't have this problem, I don't know what should I think about it... You told to report any problems no matter how trivial:p

I hope, my english is understandable, its isn't my native language and i didn't use it for a really long time;S

He is making a hardmode for the game, hopefully making enemies harder than weakening our units/heroes

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Rafinus said:
Very nice. Played them all today with a friend of mine. Found some bugs. Last few maps save/load codes didn't work (i.e. 6to7 7to8 8to9). Also the press ESC for next at the last map didn't do anything (whats that next page anyway?). How is the progress with UD maps going? Keep up the good work.
EDIT: In map 7 gold and lumber was normal. Is that intended? Also you should make upgrades cheaper in the other maps but not 50% (more like around 75% of normal cost). Most important thing that has to get cheaper is the Keep and Castle upgrades, because those you always need and they normally don't need to be done 2 times to advance (or in this case with half the resources). Don't make upgrades shared as now it is nice that friends tend to specialize in to 2 paths to supplement each other.
EDITEDIT: I'm really curious how Falric will look as undead. Please please please don't make him a darktinted captain.
Thx very much for playing them all.
I'll double check those save codes, I've not tested them myself much.
I'll think about the researches, I'm having trouble with the system anyway, so it might be easier just to reduce the costs.
I've picked a model for undead falric, its not really what I wanted it to be like but it was the best I could find. The model does make a secret appearance in my latest human chapter.

Sasuhkun said:
Nah, I prefer as it is.

Edit: (Or normal play. But you add one extra enemy base and it turns 2v2.)
Adding space for a computer and designing another Ai might be a bit too difficult xP, and would probably cause even more imbalances and bugs. Sorry :O

Barowei said:

I see you also disagree with the shared researches, maybe I won't do it.
Yep I'm gonna review those save codes.
And I'll double check that bridge cinematic!
Btw, I understand you fine : D

tulee said:
Kel is only playable for two levels.. Please keep Falric for the entire campaign

He is making a hardmode for the game, hopefully making enemies harder than weakening our units/heroes
In any level where there is not normally a 2nd hero, you will have Falric.
For hard mode I'm gonna focus on making the enemy stronger, and giving you more obstacles, rather than making yourself weaker.

Level 12
That's what they do on hard mode as far as I'm aware. They put more units, and more upgrades on their side. And as a model for Falric, you have two choices. One, you can do as the cinematic. Second, he's a boss on Halls of Lighting on WoW Wrath of the Lich King. You could also check it.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
SasuhKun said:
That's what they do on hard mode as far as I'm aware. They put more units, and more upgrades on their side. And as a model for Falric, you have two choices. One, you can do as the cinematic. Second, he's a boss on Halls of Lighting on WoW Wrath of the Lich King. You could also check it.
I've had a good look around, the one I've found will have to do.

MINI RELEASE:
Attached to this post is an edition of the Chapter Five of the human campaign
I've added a 3 features that I'm going to make available in other maps.

The features are:
- Exchange system: Player can type -exchange to give the units selected to your ally. (Food limits must be obeyed and Heroes, Town Halls, Altars, Summons and certain units also cannot be traded. This command is likely to be disabled on 'adventure levels' where units are limited)
- Research system: Researches completed will be shared with the other player. And it isn't possible for both players to accidently research the same thing. (This is also partly to stop the bug which happened in the exchange system)
- Techtree system: When a player builds or upgrades a building, the techtree requirements are shared with the other player. So only 1 of the players will need to upgrade to a Castle.

The only changes on the actual level are that many T2 researches have been made available for testing purposes, and the Keep has been degraded to a Town Hall. (Something that will happen on -insane difficulty!)

Please give have a test, find some bugs and give your feedback!

And by the way, next I plan to add the Insane difficulty to the existing maps and the systems mentioned above. (2 map re-updates per week are planned)

Attachments

• 2P Human05.w3x
    597.2 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Level 4
The exchange is nice but maybe it makes stuff a bit too easy. The only thing I would have liked while playing, is the ability to exchange the starting units, so that I can better specialize (see below). Can I also exchange stuff like farms?

I don't really like the shared upgrades thing. It takes out the specialization part, witch was a very nice tweak in co-op building armies (also because both players are mostly the same race). Now both players just spam the same soldiers and attack together only having to look out that no one plays stupid. That takes much communication away in my opinion. I think a plain 25% cost reduction would have been better
I have similar, but more mixed feelings about the techtree thingie. It lowers specialization, but on the other hand most requirements were HQ tier level and balancing it in a different way is difficult.

Insane difficulty sounds interesting, but don't forget to make it not only for pro players but also people who are at a normal level (i.e. passed the campaigns without cheats and still know what to do in most situations). Also don't forget to make it a choice :p

Level 23
The exchange is nice but maybe it makes stuff a bit too easy. The only thing I would have liked while playing, is the ability to exchange the starting units, so that I can better specialize (see below). Can I also exchange stuff like farms?

I don't really like the shared upgrades thing. It takes out the specialization part, witch was a very nice tweak in co-op building armies (also because both players are mostly the same race). Now both players just spam the same soldiers and attack together only having to look out that no one plays stupid. That takes much communication away in my opinion. I think a plain 25% cost reduction would have been better
I have similar, but more mixed feelings about the techtree thingie. It lowers specialization, but on the other hand most requirements were HQ tier level and balancing it in a different way is difficult.

Insane difficulty sounds interesting, but don't forget to make it not only for pro players but also people who are at a normal level (i.e. passed the campaigns without cheats and still know what to do in most situations). Also don't forget to make it a choice :p
'

The tech tree and shared updates are a good thing.
Also don't ask for the difficulty to not be made too high. How can you say make it easy enough for people who beat it on normal to beat it. Beating the normal warcraft campaign is so fucking easy. There is no micro required. He is making this update for the people who want a challenge

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Rafinius said:

Can you exchange farms? - Yes
(as long as both players new food limits won't be outstanding)
You say it makes it too easy? I don't think it effects the difficulty of the level if you give some of your units to the other players?
You should be able exchange your units on the melee-style levels, so on those ones you can exchange your starting resources.

You also say you don't like the research system, thats fair enough, but if the exchange system is added, then the research system must also be added. (Because when you exchange units, you immediately gain all upgrades associated with that unit which the other player had)

The techtree doesn't have this bug and can be added independatly, and I find its a fair balance.

Insane mode will be harder, I'm not sure how much harder each level is going to be (its not easy to measure), but I will find a way to make the level more difficult than it was. Usually by levelling heroes (sometimes past level 10!), making creeps stronger, giving the opponents more upgrades, possibly editting their AI in some cases to make them 'smarter', giving you less starting upgrades (a town hall instead of a keep), and making the level's objecting more difficult.

Level 1
Yes gearing insane difficulty towards normal players would be a foolish idea. The entire point of insane mode is for the challenge. It is because you CAN handle the normal missions easy enough that you need the very difficult challenge. What's the point of an insane mode if everyone can beat it? It's not very insane is it?

Level 2
About insane mode and shared techtree, I can see, that you abandoned my suggestion about it. It's your choice. But I still think it isn't really need, including -exchange command that imho won't be used very often (at least by me) - but, if that may be possible please make command that will turn off this features, that should make it more like "play as you want", so everybody should be happy I guess. Insane mode should be for elite players, who are seeking challenge. Who knows, maybe I will be one of them?:D

About 3p scenarios, okay, but please: as rare as that is possible. My friend agree with me. I checked some scenarios, especially last one in the NE RoC campaign, and I don't think 3 players is good idea. You have two heroes already (furion and tyrande), and comp players aren't active. Giving them to one of players can break the balance. But, if you really have to do it, you can give Jaina to third player, and after she escapes give him control over Thrall's forces. Situation is more clear on TFT campaign, thanks to control over another player I can see at least 2 scenarios in undead campaign where you can add 3rd player (first one and when Sylvanas makes an alliance with Garithos).

If I will remind something, I will add it.

EDIT: Oh hell, I almost forgot: In 6th scenario, where Arthas meets Muradin, normal gold and wood (Im not sure about food) ISN'T good idea. Yeah, there are two bases, but still ONE player...

Last edited:
Level 1
I was wondering if the player 2 can chose beetween falric and Lich it will be better right? i mean those who want to play with lich, and those who do not, play with Falric. you could try that right?

PS: sorry for my inglish dam- google traductor xD good luck:xxd:

Level 3
How about just adding a secondary hero to jainas forces and one to thralls forces too? Archimonde is going to come in and destroy the bases at a certain time anyways so..

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
barowei said:
About insane mode and shared techtree, I can see, that you abandoned my suggestion about it. It's your choice. But I still think it isn't really need, including -exchange command that imho won't be used very often (at least by me) - but, if that may be possible please make command that will turn off this features, that should make it more like "play as you want", so everybody should be happy I guess. Insane mode should be for elite players, who are seeking challenge. Who knows, maybe I will be one of them?:D

About 3p scenarios, okay, but please: as rare as that is possible. My friend agree with me. I checked some scenarios, especially last one in the NE RoC campaign, and I don't think 3 players is good idea. You have two heroes already (furion and tyrande), and comp players aren't active. Giving them to one of players can break the balance. But, if you really have to do it, you can give Jaina to third player, and after she escapes give him control over Thrall's forces. Situation is more clear on TFT campaign, thanks to control over another player I can see at least 2 scenarios in undead campaign where you can add 3rd player (first one and when Sylvanas makes an alliance with Garithos).

If I will remind something, I will add it.

EDIT: Oh hell, I almost forgot: In 6th scenario, where Arthas meets Muradin, normal gold and wood (Im not sure about food) ISN'T good idea. Yeah, there are two bases, but still ONE player...
I'm not just ignoring everything you're saying, but I know a couple of people who think I /should/ add these new systems, and I personally am inclined to adding them too.

It should be possible to easy to make a command to disable the research and exchange options together, but it would require a lot more work to disable the techtree command. I could make it a command, for those that really wish to disable it (like yourself), I just don't wanna spend that much time adding options and options for the players, or I'm never gonna get onto making the new maps.

I'm not saying anymore about insane mode.

For the possibility of 3 player levels I think you're overreacting a lot.
For one I only said I was /considering/ them,
Secondly, I said it might only be particular levels (very few seem compatible)
And lastly, it was going to optional anyway, you could set slot to a computer and play normally.

And lastly about that thing, I'm not sure myself.
Normally on that level the player would have double income with 2 bases.
So I thought both players should have regular income.

Level 2
First of all: did I write word "ignore" anywhere?;] You don't need to assure me that you're not ignoring me, because for some reasons it's obvious:p Well, if that all was because of word "abandon" I'm sorry, I wasn't sure if I could use it>_>

If techtree (you mean Keep and Castle upgrades, right?) requires too a lot of work just leave it, as it is. After all I care just about those damnit upgrades^^

... yeah, that was a bit overreactionxF But now everything is clear, so I can finally shut up (are you happy? oh, come on man, I know you are^^).

And last of all: I don't know what to think about it. Let's say I don't have enough arguments to discuss about it anymore, so leave it as it is (and I have lost, once againDx).

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
sagi5533 said:
I was wondering if u started working on the undead campigan cuz i was asking about it about 2 weeks ago and not even first map? :[
Not yet, I'm reviewing the old maps and adding the systems and the difficulties

barowei said:
First of all: did I write word "ignore" anywhere?;] You don't need to assure me that you're not ignoring me, because for some reasons it's obvious:p Well, if that all was because of word "abandon" I'm sorry, I wasn't sure if I could use it>_>

If techtree (you mean Keep and Castle upgrades, right?) requires too a lot of work just leave it, as it is. After all I care just about those damnit upgrades^^

... yeah, that was a bit overreactionxF But now everything is clear, so I can finally shut up (are you happy? oh, come on man, I know you are^^).

And last of all: I don't know what to think about it. Let's say I don't have enough arguments to discuss about it anymore, so leave it as it is (and I have lost, once againDx).
Yeah it was kinda the abandon word.

indomitable1319 said:
Can you please PM me if you've made the first one in the Undead?
I'll try remember

VERTIKAL said:
also the bonus campaign of tft planned?
I'm not sure yet, possibly.

Level 2
I test the map with share upg and other thing and i really like that make the game easier but it's cool.

you shall have to put this bonus optionally.

before typing -load XXX... or -new
add commands like -shareupg -shareunit,etc. to activate those and like that, everyone will be happy :D.

Level 2
Well, I can't disagree with you activewear, except one thing. As TheSpoon noticed, most wishes to add this option. That's why it shouldn't be optionally bonus, but it should be possible to turn it off. After all it won't change very much, but for less experienced and oriented players it would be more difficult to have to turn this on than to players, who don't wish to play with it, turn this off. That's my point of view...

Last edited:
Level 2
that what i wanted to say but i'm not really good in eng D: that why i said to add that like an option. i didn t found another way to say.

Level 23
Spoon your maps are coming along great. I really hope the undead campaign can be finished by the end of June, the 6 month mark of the year. Also I wanted to know if when you do the undead campaign you could add the difficulty mode + systems when you make the map, so people like me and my friends, who want to play the difficulty mode, can play it without having to wait till you finish the entire campaign haha. Just a request from a B-net whiner.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
The upgrade and research systems, for the moment I am leaving in.
It is how it is, I don't want to faf about for much longer or I'm never going to get to this Undead Campaign

As far as I can see, people would want it off either for:
- A higher difficulty (which I'm adding)
- So they can 'specialise' in certain areas (you can do that anyway if you want)

In my opinion:
The people with it, but don't want it should be able to live better than
those that don't have it, and want it. (If you understand that o.o)

Maybe when I actually have finished making the campaign,
I'll tweak it to suit your individual needs.

So to make that Clear, the systems are being added,
and probably won't be re-evaluated til I've finished making the maps.

tulee said:
Spoon your maps are coming along great. I really hope the undead campaign can be finished by the end of June, the 6 month mark of the year. Also I wanted to know if when you do the undead campaign you could add the difficulty mode + systems when you make the map, so people like me and my friends, who want to play the difficulty mode, can play it without having to wait till you finish the entire campaign haha. Just a request from a B-net whiner.
I'm gonna get onto the next campaign asap yes, please don't rush me.
I'm working on it every weekend,
and I've got to be careful to not forget about my A-level exams
But Yes, for the undead ones I plan to add the systems and difficulties, the first time around.

Level 23
Spoon I was also wondering if for the undead campaigns when Kelthuzad comes into play could the 2nd player still keep FalRic? I would much rather keep Falric that Lich, I know you may have to make the enemies more powerful to compensate but I would really hate to turn Falric in for Lich, who's only good point is his death and decay spell which is rendered much useless in hard mode where computer builds buildings back almost instantly.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
indomitable1319 said:
TheSpoon, your campaign really made me have some bonding time with my bro again. (Sounds gay doesn't it?) I really thank you, and I really enjoy your maps. I know something this huge and freaking awesome takes time. I can wait, just hope it won't take forever. Thanks again TheSpoon.
I'm glad you enjoyed it, ...

tulee said:
Spoon I was also wondering if for the undead campaigns when Kelthuzad comes into play could the 2nd player still keep FalRic? I would much rather keep Falric that Lich, I know you may have to make the enemies more powerful to compensate but I would really hate to turn Falric in for Lich, who's only good point is his death and decay spell which is rendered much useless in hard mode where computer builds buildings back almost instantly.
I think Kel is only in 2 or so missions, but no, he will replace falric for the missions he is in like before, because he's in certain cinematics and plotline stuff.

Level 2
I see you guys just becomes more mad - THREE heroes?! I will tell more about it below.
Now let's concencrate on bugs in 2th scenario. I played with friend on -insane (his comment: easy...) and I noticed 2. First one, when we killed Searinox his hearth didn't spawn. After searching we begun to think that we won't make this quest, but we found it, somewhere in the middle of map... That just doesn't make sense. Second one is related with shared techtree - we joined 2 blacksmith but we couldn't create Riflemans, creating another blacksmitch solved this problem. Check another scenarios when u could suddenly join building related with techtree - we don't want to let this happen again, right?;]

Ok, now something about difficulty, actually I see that ur maps - except adding -insane - are currently tweaked (noticed same about 10th scenario after actualization). I think that most of guys here just doesn't imagine, how powerful could be 2 hero on place of one. Examples will be 5th and 6th scenario, Blizzard (including Hard difficulty) made it for playing one hero: Hearthglen doesn't need Arthas when Falric is already on his place, Shield Bash, Holy Light and Artillery Strike easily overpowers Mal'Ganis possibilities. Falric with Arthas' skills can greatly tank making others more powerful with his ward... So all additional tweaks I can see there aren't that need. In 9th scenario my friend (playing Arthas) attacked Mal'Ganis base and didn't care about troops, after they all died he destroyed whole base with help of Cpt. Falric and nobody else. Just stop that all unnecesarry tweaks - thanks.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Sasuhkun said:
He can't be replaced, but why not have Arthas, Kel Thuzad, AND falric? The first player keeps controlling both, AND the second player controls Falric only. I mean, Falric can't just disappear.
Falric's role is what I call a /secondary/ hero,
He is there to give the 2nd player a hero to use when there isn't any.
Yes, he will just disappear for those missions.
3 heroes is quite rediculous x.x

barowei said:
Now let's concencrate on bugs in 2th scenario. I played with friend on -insane (his comment: easy...) and I noticed 2. First one, when we killed Searinox his hearth didn't spawn. After searching we begun to think that we won't make this quest, but we found it, somewhere in the middle of map... That just doesn't make sense. Second one is related with shared techtree - we joined 2 blacksmith but we couldn't create Riflemans, creating another blacksmitch solved this problem. Check another scenarios when u could suddenly join building related with techtree - we don't want to let this happen again, right?;]

Ok, now something about difficulty, actually I see that ur maps - except adding -insane - are currently tweaked (noticed same about 10th scenario after actualization). I think that most of guys here just doesn't imagine, how powerful could be 2 hero on place of one. Examples will be 5th and 6th scenario, Blizzard (including Hard difficulty) made it for playing one hero: Hearthglen doesn't need Arthas when Falric is already on his place, Shield Bash, Holy Light and Artillery Strike easily overpowers Mal'Ganis possibilities. Falric with Arthas' skills can greatly tank making others more powerful with his ward... So all additional tweaks I can see there aren't that need. In 9th scenario my friend (playing Arthas) attacked Mal'Ganis base and didn't care about troops, after they all died he destroyed whole base with help of Cpt. Falric and nobody else. Just stop that all unnecesarry tweaks - thanks.
Insane mode won't be 'insane' for the first two levels, because they are the easiest 2 levels in the game.
Thx for finding those 2 bugs, I'll fix them right away!
I understand your main point, that adding 2 heroes imbalances the game a lot,
But I still think the playability is more fun with the 2 heroes.
But.. you want me to not bother adding the 2nd hero? No I don't think so.

indomitable1319 said:
It's hard for Arthas to win in Isolation. Falric's kickass greater bash hurts. I know how it feels.
When I update it, I might make a slight easier for Arthas.

Level 2
But.. you want me to not bother adding the 2nd hero? No I don't think so.
You're right^^ This all wasn't exactly for you, but for this ones, which still calls for tweaks (3 heroes, wtf?!). I reconciled with adding the shared upgrades and techtree system (even if I still don't like it), and, in other hand, I really hope that -insane will be remedy for that (yeah, I will try to pass whole campaign with this).

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Just a quick update to let you know I've worked out how to write some simple AI,
So we do have a hope in having some more advanced ai to go up against in insane mode.
(Which can be seen in chapter 4 update I released today)

For those that continue to question me 'wen will undead camp be released?'
This is the plan

Next week: Human 5 & 6 Update
2nd Week: Human 7 & 8 Update
3rd Week: Human 9 & 10 Update
4th Week: Planning/Creating Heroes
5th Week: Undead 1 Release (Insane mode and other updates included)
6th Week: Undead 2 Release
ETC!

I hope to accelerate my work during the 6 weeks holidays, possibly to 3 maps per week being released? Who knows.

Level 3
Thx for the new playable modifications, is very good now, well is better, iam waiting the next released, and iam make some publiciti in a spanish speaker communyti :D
http://foros.3dgames.com.ar/warcraf...warcraft-ofcial-2-jugadores-x-internet.4.html
Iam Found these Bugs:
THE UPKEEP SISTEM DOES NOT WORK well FOR THE First PLAYER in the CHAPTE 2 3 and 4 (the food limit is 100).
the load code doesnt work in the chapter 4 iam player the chapter 3 and the code doesnot load in the chapter 4

Thx for all The spoon.

Level 23
Spoon your maps are coming along great, I was wondering if you could make it so that the items pass from one hero to the next for secondary heroes. Like when Jaina replaces Falric in mission 3, can Jaina get all the items Falric had during mission 2? Sorry if this is a stupid question that can be answered by me playing the map.

Edit: I was going to mention I couldn't find the change log for chapter 4 but then I realized you edited a post from February and it can be found at the bottom of page 1 for the map

Last edited:
Level 4
Bah, stupid us shouldn't have complained that much.
Now instead of working on the next maps, you are giving us the stuff we whined about in the previous ones...
Don't get me wrong, now that you started it you should continue improving the old ones and adding insane mode etc. It will give the people that discover you maps from now on a much better experience.
But it's still annoying that we, who already have finished -and enjoyed- the previous versions, now have to wait so long for the continuing of the story:cry:
I at least want to go on playing the undead campaign together with my friend more than I want to revisit the awesome changes made to the maps we already beat. Also I think that all these small boons (giving units, sharing upgrades, disabling new features ect.), while convenient, are ultimately only crowding the map unnecessarily, making your (i.e. the mapmakers) life difficult and taking away the maps simplicity.
ok, you can flame me now for being an egoist bastard and for contradicting the opinion I myself once said in a previous post:cred:. I hope you understand what I am trying to say despite my bitchines:crazz:

EDIT: Of course the -insane mode is still the most awesome addition.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
amauta said:
Thx for the new playable modifications, is very good now, well is better, iam waiting the next released, and iam make some publiciti in a spanish speaker communyti :D
http://foros.3dgames.com.ar/warcraft...nternet.4.html
Iam Found these Bugs:
THE UPKEEP SISTEM DOES NOT WORK well FOR THE First PLAYER in the CHAPTE 2 3 and 4 (the food limit is 100).
the load code doesnt work in the chapter 4 iam player the chapter 3 and the code doesnot load in the chapter 4

Thx for all The spoon.
Thx for testing them, I'll double check those bugs.

indomintable1319 said:
Friggin' awesome, Spoon. What was that you said about linking our campaigns together?
I don't know, just something for you to think about ^^

tulee said:
Spoon your maps are coming along great, I was wondering if you could make it so that the items pass from one hero to the next for secondary heroes. Like when Jaina replaces Falric in mission 3, can Jaina get all the items Falric had during mission 2? Sorry if this is a stupid question that can be answered by me playing the map.

Edit: I was going to mention I couldn't find the change log for chapter 4 but then I realized you edited a post from February and it can be found at the bottom of page 1 for the map
The items are dropped on the floor, so they don't seem to magically 'teleport' to the new hero XD
But yes thats already inplemented.
And.. I'll move the changelog to the end, I didn't notice.

rafinius said:
Bah, stupid us shouldn't have complained that much.
Now instead of working on the next maps, you are giving us the stuff we whined about in the previous ones...
Don't get me wrong, now that you started it you should continue improving the old ones and adding insane mode etc. It will give the people that discover you maps from now on a much better experience.
But it's still annoying that we, who already have finished -and enjoyed- the previous versions, now have to wait so long for the continuing of the story
I at least want to go on playing the undead campaign together with my friend more than I want to revisit the awesome changes made to the maps we already beat. Also I think that all these small boons (giving units, sharing upgrades, disabling new features ect.), while convenient, are ultimately only crowding the map unnecessarily, making your (i.e. the mapmakers) life difficult and taking away the maps simplicity.
ok, you can flame me now for being an egoist bastard and for contradicting the opinion I myself once said in a previous post. I hope you understand what I am trying to say despite my bitchines

EDIT: Of course the -insane mode is still the most awesome addition.
Well.. I'm sorta a perfectionist, I MUST go back and make things right in my opinion.
So that people in the future who play all the levels, are playing them correctly.

And.. its the insane mode that takes up most my time on these updates btw XP
The systems take about 30 minutes to add.

You may all be /dying/ to play the next chapters, but like all life's best things, you have to wait ^^

Also with the note of the forecoming SC2,
I hope to have finished atleast the Rain of Chaos Campaign by the time Sc2 is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.