• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2 Player Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hey Spoon I just wanted to ask, for missions like chapter 9 human, where Muradin, who has been player 2's hero for the last two missions, is going to die, does Captain hero then get the items Muradin had from the levels before despite Muradin still being playable, abet for a short while, in the lvl 9 map? Sorry I can't get to a computer right now, I am sure I would know if I just played the map. So feel free to let me find out for myself haha.

ALSO amazing work with the maps, I hope when you are older you can look back on these maps with pride, and marvel at your determination to get them done for your devoted fans =P

Last edited:
Level 4
It's logical that you will put this on hold when SC2 comes out (we all will XD), but do you think you may quit this project totally?? Cause that would be sad... :sniff:

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Onelord said:
How did you even do this? I don't understand how you could take, official Campaigns from the actual game..
You can reach the maps using an mpq reader

The World Is Flat said:
Man, this is brilliant. I wish you good luck. andd i cant wait to play em' all! :D
Thx very much, have fun

Hey Spoon I just wanted to ask said:
As long as you use the save/load codes, every item should be saved yes
Even during the levels, they usually drop somewhere if the hero disappears

And that is quite a nice thought : >,
I would like to put something like this on my CV,
But then no businesses know/care about this kinda stuff

Tank-Commander said:
Spoon? Work? Those two thinks make sense in the spame sentance? D:

Well, anyway I wish u luck m8, I'm gonna wait for the nightelf campaigns. :p
Hey tank : O, Ty!

Rafinus said:
It's logical that you will put this on hold when SC2 comes out (we all will XD), but do you think you may quit this project totally?? Cause that would be sad... :sniff:
My plan is to get RoC done before Sc2..
But yes it would be sad if I stopped, if only I'd thought of this project sooner D:

Level 23
Hi Spoon, the difficulty for the chapter 4 insane was sort of challenging, though with two people microing + making 10 towers outside the undead base fast then luring them with mortars made quick work of the enemy. I only wanted to say that the difficulty for chapters where there is only meant to be 1 hero ( I.E the next two missions ) must be made far harder than ones that Blizzard meant to have two heroes, where blizzard already increased the difficulty somewhat more. So for the next two missions can they be challenging? I have found that Falric makes a huge difference in this game, to the point where in chapter 9 Malganis would have to be made lvl 35 haha. For sure though in the next chapter the liches should be 10 or over with stronger undead while Malganis should be lvl 20+ for the Culling of strathhome, the current strategy now is for one player to cull the villagers while the other defends the base/ distracts malganis ( currently one player can hit Malganis or his army and make them chase the unit around which renders Malganis useless in terms of killing villagers )

Level 23
Spoon, I noticed in 9 that Arthas can take out the purple base on the right of his base in Blizzard's and yours. It made me LOL, my bro and I switched players, he slew the entire base within three minutes.

Yes, with Chaos damage and a fast attack Arthas can level bases easily. In the normal campaign the reason Arthas can't afford to do this in hard mode is because his base is hit too hard while he is gone and arthas is NEEDED to counter Mal'ganis. All Spoon needs to do is make sure arthas doesn't have much time to run off and solo bases, which basically means making the attacks on his base stronger ( Mal'ganis higher level and army stronger ).

Also Spoon I understand that editing these maps for insane difficulty isn't easy. I do know though that besides the human campaign the only other campaign that will be hard to edit for insane difficulty will be the undead. The reason is because the night elf and orc campaigns pretty much have two heroes for ending missions, thus the difficulty won't need to be raised quite so much. Missions like frostmoure are hard to edit because the addition of 1 hero ( lvl ten max ) completely unbalances the game. Pretty much from lvl 3-4+ the addition of a second hero starts to majorly imbalance the game. So good luck with making the levels hard +P.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
@tulee
The risk of having 2 players imbalancing the game, was something I had to accept at the start.
There isn't much I can do about it. But I wanna stop thinking about balancing and fixes so much, that I'll never get the campaign done.
I get your points entirely, but yeah the idea of this increased difficulty is to give you all a bit more of a challenge. (I'm just making it harder, not really thinking about balancing too much)

@indomitable1319
Yeah you can do that in the normal campaign XP

MESSAGE TO ALL:
Next weekend I'm going on a weekend holiday, - So no releases next weekend
But the week after is the half term, so I'll catch-up and do both weekends worth.
And I'll do the arrangements for a undead campaign also ^^

I've not got much feedback regarding insane mode (except tulee)
I was wondering if you guys could collect some? ^^?

Level 3
Insane mode is good, its made it challenging but not to the point where you're all "Hold up gang, we have to hold still for my mana to regenerate so I can heal everything" AKA Boring wait time.
Mission 2 seemed reallly easy for -insane, since Uther keeps everyone alive. Only difficulty was killing the Orc base (North) but even then that was easily done.
I'd suggest adding a "Impossible" difficulty that increases all enemy HP by 50%, there's a system that does that. The difficulty then could legitimately seem impossible. Only con is that it'd be VERY Hard and people would get very annoyed when they lose it, even with the self-explanatory difficulty-name.

Edit: Forgot to say, but in the first mission when you save Timmy he runs back.

Level 15
I think insane mode isnt needed in chapters 7 8 cuz there is nothing intersting there to change ,on 7 u just pwn purple and take siege machines and destroy green base ,and on 8 u just walk on road and destroy ships and on the way kill few creeps and undead. anyways i'm just saying it cuz i cant wait for undead campigan :D ,it takes too long and i'm sure other peoples r waiting for undead campigan just like me :grin: I dont want to bother u or somthing just trying to be helpful in someway :p :thumbs_up:

Level 3
That's why 7 needs one.
8 needs to be harder. I don't even need to get units most the time. .
It's bad to finish something halfway, he might as well as polish the first one then go to the second.

Level 3
i found a bug in the chapter 4, the insane mode doesnot work well, iam not recive waves of gouls, the enemy camp is literalment deserted. i just found some alcolits xD...
pd: thx for fixin the load code :D

EDIT: Iam playing the chapter 5 too and is very fun in insane mode, but in the final wave the licht doesnot go whit the wave of the scourge, iam not see any lich in the entire siege.

And some cinematic doesnot sincroniced the voice.

Thx for all i agreed :D

Last edited:
Level 23
@tulee
The risk of having 2 players imbalancing the game, was something I had to accept at the start.
There isn't much I can do about it. But I wanna stop thinking about balancing and fixes so much, that I'll never get the campaign done.
I get your points entirely, but yeah the idea of this increased difficulty is to give you all a bit more of a challenge. (I'm just making it harder, not really thinking about balancing too much)

@indomitable1319
Yeah you can do that in the normal campaign XP

MESSAGE TO ALL:
Next weekend I'm going on a weekend holiday, - So no releases next weekend
But the week after is the half term, so I'll catch-up and do both weekends worth.
And I'll do the arrangements for a undead campaign also ^^

I've not got much feedback regarding insane mode (except tulee)
I was wondering if you guys could collect some? ^^?

Well Spoon My friend and I consider ourselves to be very competent at War3 Campaign, both of us having writen a guide together, and I would LOVE to add input as to how to make the missions harder on insane mode / balancing.

i found a bug in the chapter 4, the insane mode doesnot work well, iam not recive waves of gouls, the enemy camp is literalment deserted. i just found some alcolits xD...
pd: thx for fixin the load code :D

EDIT: Iam playing the chapter 5 too and is very fun in insane mode, but in the final wave the licht doesnot go whit the wave of the scourge, iam not see any lich in the entire siege.

And some cinematic doesnot sincroniced the voice.

Thx for all i agreed :D

Well if the AI is harder to configure for the fourth mission then rather than making the undead base stronger he can make the slaughter house, the one up near Kelthuzad, act like a part of green's base by sending down aboms. Easy balance + it would add the difficulty needed.

As to chapter 5.. where are the liches indeed : (

ALSO spoon, I understand that you would love to start the undead Campaign ASAP but please could you start it after the human maps are bug free? Or keep adding fixing it while you make the undead maps? I wouldn't mind waiting an extra week for the undead campaign if it meant insane mode worked for all the human maps o.o

Last edited:
Level 3
Wow, this is just incredibly nice! I tested two of the maps out (first and last, actually) before my partner tired. I'll get to trying the rest later on, dealing with that as well as piling school work and my own project.
The first map was quite fun, I like how you dealt with the issues and created a very smooth experience, as well as a slightly more challenging run (compared to the normal, solo version).
Isolation though... that was awesome! I played as Falric (since I got jealous of watching him go as my partern's hero on Defense of Strahnbrad), and it was quite challenging (wasn't even on Insane), with Falric running around soloing mobs while I microed my defenders around. Different from normal defensive scenarios in Blizzard's works, since you actually didn't have any income except Falric's killing sprees, and dealing with the Lich without a hero was fun (though he killed all my three Riflemen with a series of Frost Novas... damn him!). All in all, it kept me constantly on my toes.
As for the Arthas+Falric part, it was similar to the defense. Challenging, requiring a good deal of strategy and forethought (what skeleton to kill first, what priorities, can I afford wasting mana on a Shield Slam?). Dead Eye's fight was very, very well made (it impressed me quite much), with focus on the Sprites and awareness of that ice-punch he was calling down. We died though, low on health and mana after the previous Dead Eye fight as well as the giant skeleton battlefield (we died on the skeletons our first run, then tried it again with more items, better thinking and waiting 5 minutes to regenerate all health and mana before going in).
What I don't like though, would be that we only could save twice (once for me, once for her), which we weren't aware of. Maybe this is standard online, but I'm not even close to an online-player. Overall, I loved every minute of it, and I can't believe there are still 3/4 of RoC left, as well as the whole expansion (and it will be interesting to see your sidekick heroes, perhaps Naisha for Maiev? Looking forward to it!)!

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
WOAH, lots to reply to.
Ok lets see.. (I'm not gonna bother with quotes)

@TheOverWhelming
Thxthx,
Erm, yes mission 2 is still quite easy (its mission 2 after all!)
I /could/ upgrade the AI, or maybe remove Uther for the mission,
(Is this a good idea?)
And yes, if people want it harder, just handicap themselves! (simple)
Lastly.. I quickly look over Timmy. I think I know what you mean
(But tbh I don't know why he does that, and I cba to fix it XD)

@Sagi5533
I'm gonna keep going with my difficulties XD
Sorry bud, you'll have to wait!

@Amauta
Fixed the AI on chapter 4! (Yes it was broken)
And /I think/ I've got the liches attacking for chapter 5.
(Its so long, I've not bothered to properly test it XD)

@tulee
I think I've fixed the bugs now, I could make the abominations attack..
But I think I've got it working now good.
And yes I plan to make the human stuff COMPLETE, before I move on.
(That is what a lot of people don't want me to do, but I'm glad some people like you understand I have to get what I've made fixed!)

@The Druidinator
Thx for the lovely wall of text <3 (I did read it xD)
Erm, it isn't necessary to wait for your health to come back (that comes back automatically)
And I think you can save more than twice if you don't overlap the saves, (I'm not entirely sure)

@spiritless one&dark angel 2147
Thx!

Woah sorted XP

Level 3
Alright, just played map 4 where you defend Hearthglen, and we found a major bug; we loaded the stuff from the earlier level, but when it began, both the Town Halls belongen to a passive player! That meant that we couldn't turn in gold, which in turn meant no income at all. We solved it by my partner giving me all resources she had, and I then built myself a Town Hall (with the damn long building time, of course) and then started harvesting, getting enough gold to give to my parter so she could get her own, and then barely hanging by at defending the town.
This was a blend of frustration (in the begining, was impossible to get by) and later very amusing, with it as the ultimate handicap. We were miles behind the undead forces in terms of resources and troops, but finally made it through (even though I lost my army to the undead caravan and had to abuse Divine Shield to get Arthas to solo the Meat Wagons). I suggest you take a look at this, as it could easily ruin somebody's interest in it.

Edit: On Isolation, we really couldn't save. The first save went fine, the second time the "SAVE" option was grayed out.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Are you sure you got the most recent map? (That was a bug in an earlier map)

As for the saves, I am not too sure.
I think saves go best like this:
- Player 1 saves
- Player 2 saves
(Then quit, and load player 2's save)
Then maybe you can continue saving?

EDIT: I think I've found where the problem was, I've fixed it ^^

Level 3
Yes, I'm quite sure it's the most recent. I went on this very thread, clicked the "March of the Scourge" link in the map list you have posted, and downloaded it from the download button.

As for the saving, you are suggesting both players saving, then quiting the game, loading the save, and then you have more save opportunities? (with the rinse and repeat method).

Edit: After posting this I noticed your edit. Happy to be of help!

Level 2
Firstly, notice that, each player can save only ONE time per game (yeah, I'm sure about it). That means, if u need more saves you have to load after second save to reset number of available saves.

And let's go to the true reason of writing post here: I think, that scenario 7 SHOULDN'T have shared techtree and upgrades. That's because gold harvested is full there, you told that there are 2 bases, and now it will be my argument:3

Level 23
Hey Spoon I wanted to know, you said on that holiday of yours you would do the remaining chapters insane modes + preparations for undead. I was wondering if you could post Falric's hero information ( spells ) as part of the preparation +P

Level 1
Thanks Spoon! I'd really like to play the campaign with my friend! Sorry for this question, but when will you release the Undead campaign? I can't find the answer in your main post.

Level 3
I found a little bug: At the cinematic after destroying Mal'Ganis base on Shores of Northrend (map 07, if I recall correctly), all the people who have lines say them 1 or 2 seconds after the previous speaker started, making them all overlap into a single mess.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
@barowei
Well.. in the normal play-through,
You'd have both those bases.. and both those bases use your upgrades.. soo xP

@tulee
Ok sure, I'll post Undead Falrics design soon!

@indomitable1319
Yes I all the maps unprotected, I doubt anyone would/could steal them at this point, and I don't mind my players taking a further interest

@The Druidinator
Yes, that speech bug can occur (seemingly randomly) during any of the maps!
So.. I don't think theres anything I can do about it XD
I think it might have something to do with connection speeds.. *shrug*

OK so here is the design so far for Captain Falric!
Its been designed to that the skillset is /similar/ to the Old Falric's abilities.
(Its not fully completed)

Model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...49998/?prev=search=death%20knight&d=list&r=20
(I wasn't completely happy with this model, but it was the best I could find for him)
Soundset: (Undecided)
Stats: Similar to old Falric

Spell 1: Tainted Blow
Effect: Strikes a single target with an attack-like spell (similar to soul drain), causing them to severely lose movespeed and attack speed for a moment.

Spell 2: Blood Pledge
Effect: Raise a ward from a corpse that provides increased attack speed. (Also creates a small area of blight)

Spell 3: Runebreak
Effect: Falric's attacks will have a chance to damage the soul of the target, lowering their armor.

Ultimate Spell: Call of the Departed
Effect: Falric calls for a swarm of recently departed souls to swarm an area, causing damage over time to enemy units in the area.

Hopefully you'll see the changes between Captain Falric, and Undead Falric. (Which spells are linked together)
I would NOT like any serious criticism on these spells, because these are what I've decided on.
You could maybe suggest some subtle changes/improvements, but I don't want anybody with a 'uber idea' for the ulti or something.

Level 12
Well, the most appropriate model would be something like the cinematic... (Marwyn and Falric behind of Arthas, with claoks and tridents..) Well, that was a show up tunic anyway. So the model is really good: They still use their cloaks and some other garments, and their spiked death knight armor and their runeblade. And the spells are really good. (I didn't liked the ult that much... I think you think on something better. Instead of unleashing the souls on their enemies, would focus all the souls essence and unleash them all in a enormous, damned shockwave... or Arthas's Anihilation from WoWLK
I also liked the idea with blight. It was original and creative, since blight gives extra regeneration to the undead... that's why on later games some of my heroes carry those skulls of blight with them and I spread them all over the enemy base... in a macro output, it is really good, and may decide a battle or other.

Level 3
I like the abilities, and they relate to the living Falric like how the Undead Arthas to the Living Arthas' abilities relate.
As for the model, unless you can get someone to make an Undead Captain/High Elven Footman model, that'll have to do.

Level 23
Spoon I like the spells. I also like how you have linked them to the old Falric, definitely a tribute to the paladin/death knight relationship. I also wanted to ask if, as enemy heroes play a far larger role in the undead campaign, if you could make them stronger so arthas and falric don't annihilate them? =p

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
@all
Thx for the positive input!

@SasuhKun
I've got ideas to make it this soul swarm to look quite effective,
But I didn't want to make it too different from his old Artillery Strike
Also I've not seen this all.. but I was thinking of maybe basing it some-what on the number of deaths all together/nearby, I'm still thinking.

@tulee
I'm not gonna change anything for the regular difficulty (except make it hard mode)
But I'll definitely do that in the insane difficulty.

Level 2
Maybe that's true, but full gold makes it easy to make all those upgrades. If it will be shared it will just become far too easy. After all, not everybody is gonna play insane mode.
About skills - my opinion is really null, I will try them ingame. But looks like it fits his death knight theme well.

Also in scenario 10 I found just another bug compared to shield bash. My friend bashed crystal golem throught the ice gate and we couldn't kill him... (yeah, we were a bit bored so we decided to pass it again)

Level 12
@all
@SasuhKun
I've got ideas to make it this soul swarm to look quite effective,
But I didn't want to make it too different from his old Artillery Strike
Also I've not seen this all.. but I was thinking of maybe basing it some-what on the number of deaths all together/nearby, I'm still thinking..

More corpses, more power? Well, the maximum amount of corpses will mean that your enemies are dead and if you use it in its maximum power, it will be for nothing. So it should be the opposite. He unleash the spirits that he have been harnessing for a long, long time, and unleash them in front of their enemy army. The more units, the more the spirits get enraged and more bloodlusty they get. And so, more damage!

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
@Regarding shield Smash bugs
I'll hopefully fix those bugs when I update the map

@Sasuhkun
I dunno I'm still thinking.
I don't want Falric's spells to outshine Arthas, so I wanna keep them relatively simple
But I'm still thinking about the ulti.. but good point.

@tulee
Actually 2 weeks*
I'm on a short holiday next weekend XP
But as I said.. I'll catch up the following weekend.
You should hopefully see the first undead release in 2-3 weeks

Level 2
Not exactly, if I remember well TheSpoon said that he will make one Und scenario per week... Well, it's just another reason why I'm waiting for holidays;]

Status
Not open for further replies.