• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2 Player Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
This is absolutely *awesome*, something that I've wished existed and never thought would. Now I can take a friend who I'd like to get addicted to wc3 and actually walk them through it playing together in the campaigns themselves!
Thank you thank you thank you, and every single one you complete is a good deed toward getting into geek heaven, if you ask me!

Level 4
I like Falrics model, but I expected him to have a shield..
I know that you have decided on his spells, but I wanted to ask you if you looked at all at the Falric boss from WoW for inspiration. Also I really hope you make the passive armor reducing ability with triggers or remove it, because the only other way would be making an orb effect out of it, which would be terrible.
Another question. Did you make the normal mode of chapter 10 a bit easier, now that you have added insane mode? Because the standard was already pretty difficult and if the insane is just so much harder as it is with the other maps, then non-pro players would be screwed. I think making the normal mode a bit easier and the insane a bit harder than the old one would be better, because that would keep the game difficulty flow more stable.

Well, now that me and my bro have tried it out heres our verdict:

We both love it.

We are waiting in anticipation for the next set, I like what u did with that bonues mission you added on the end. Hope you add something similar for the rest of them. =P

I don't really have anything bad about them to say - I liked everything about it. so just keep it up =D

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
@Amauta
THe load system didn't work? GUH

@Theatervoice
Thanks very much!
(Your post problem is that they don't appear for a week after you make the account)

@Rafinus
I would've liked a shield too, but no such good model :C
Well an orb effect was the intention, whats the problem with that?
I could do it with triggers, I just don't see the problem
I didn't make insane mode for number 10 yet,
But yes, I might make normal mode a slight easier while I'm there too

Tank-Commander
Hey tank, thanks for the great support <3

Level 3
yep the load sistem doesnt work again in the chapter 4, when 1 write the code nothing hapen (i don hear any sound, load sound or loadfail sound)..

Level 23
Spoon I feel the need to write out a list for my suggestions for insane mode from Chapter 9 Human to the end of the undead campaign ( excluding your custom chapter )

Chapter 9 H: Malganis level 30 ( or just add the hp to his lvl 10 form that he would as lvl 30 ). It is not as ridiculous as it sounds, it won't be 3x his lvl 10 max hp because that has his starting HP as a lvl 1 dreadlord taken into consideration, which is around 700. He NEEDS this because the combos of both heroes pounding on his + their spells kills malagnis too quick ATM, and he is meant to be the scourges counter to uber arthas in this level. Also strengthen the purple base to the east, if it dies too fast then the humans will ONLY be attacked from the top, so long as they aren't stupid as to expo at the teal base north rather than at purple. Also add some AI modifications to make undead better, as right now Malganis only spawns when arthas returns, so arthas can fuck around while falric takes on the undead and whittles them down to nothing.

Chapter 1 UD: Not much as lvl 1 heroes don't make a big difference. Add in more units towards the end of the level, but rather than adding them to existing groups place them apart, as you avoid massing them in spots, allowing the heroes to run past them. ALSO it should be noted Falric ought to have the same MS as arthas regardless of if he has a horse or not because if he doesn't he won't be able to do much in this level.

Chapter 2 UD: Improve AI + raise the level of the paladins. A very simple level.

Chapter 3 UD: Improve AI a lot + raise sylvanas to lvl 9. Yes it will mean she has her ult but together the heroes can take her down easy, especially with ghoul traps. Also this level is very easy so long as the undead don't destroy all the trees to their base. If they do so they open multiple entrances to their base. Other wise this level can be won just buy massing necros and massing skeletons.

Chapter 4 UD: Improve AI A LOT + Sylvanas lvl 12 + a few more towers at way gates. This level needs a difficulty added as the forces the elves send are too weak. So long as the undead unsummon their base everytime they move to a new gold mind, meaning their forces aren't spread out, this level is easy.

Chapter 5 UD: OH second best level only to the black rock and roll level. Increase the runners HP by 200 % + Sylvanas and archmage lvl 15 + AI improvements. The runner's additional hp is not as huge as it may read, if you set your gargoyles to auto attack you 'may' have more difficulty, as they move FAR faster if you have them run infront of the runner rather than let them chase. This level needs the AI improvements badly, with both heroes having their ults the elves need the extra strength.

Chapter 6 UD: No new hero so the difficulty can't be over the top. Either increase all the heroes to a lvl 10 or higher status OR configure the trigger for the red base to attack the undead after 17 minutes rather than after all the other orc bases have been destroyed. The level with still be quite easy to beat as you need to kill the orc bases fast ANYWAY in order to survive.

Chapter 7 UD: Tough one to update. The heroes can't be lvled up higher as their HP has been adjusted in consideration of the deal coil + frostnova nuke, plus the golems rock spells. Just improve AI.

Chapter 8 UD: Two lvl ten heroes... Increase the arch mages hero lvl to 15 and improve the enemy AI dramatically. The only issue with this level in single player is the micro which is required, which is rendered obsolete with an extra player. AI MUST be improved in a great way.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
@Amauta
I'll check it out

@indomitable1319
I think I am in agreement there, I'll fix that when I do the update

@tulee
I think I agree with you on most parts yes,
Thx for running through it, I'll be referring to this a lot
Malganis level 9, I'm probably going to make him level 14,
(Because I like having 14 as an 'uber limit)
But also buff up his spells and stats also.

Level 4
About the orb spell. If i remember right you get an orb item somewhere during this or the frozen throne campaign. It would be annoying if you can't use that item on Falric.

Level 3
So, seems quite buggy.

- After finishing mission 7 we didn't get a code. Not on normal and not on intense.
- The code we got after mission 8 (with -new) didn't work in mission 9. We played mission 8 on intense.
- Mal'Ganis spawned only one time in mission 9, then he didn't respawn. The AI also seemd quite buggy.
- On one mission (I think it was mission 7) we couldn't research the Sniper's upgrade in the barracks. It kept saying that we need a workshop, although be both had one.
- In mission 9 both players must research for their own. If one of them reasearches something it doesn't count for the other player.
- Mission 9 doesn't have an intense mode. So does mission 10.
- In mission 7 both players got 10 gold from the mine instead of 5 (I'm not sure f this bug also happens on intense, I didn't pay attention)
- After beating mission 9 we couldn't "change the page" woth escape. Ergo, we got no code.

I think that's pretty much all we found. However, except for the bugs you did pretty well. :A

Level 23
So, seems quite buggy.

- After finishing mission 7 we didn't get a code. Not on normal and not on intense.
- The code we got after mission 8 (with -new) didn't work in mission 9. We played mission 8 on intense.
- Mal'Ganis spawned only one time in mission 9, then he didn't respawn. The AI also seemd quite buggy.
- On one mission (I think it was mission 7) we couldn't research the Sniper's upgrade in the barracks. It kept saying that we need a workshop, although be both had one.
- In mission 9 both players must research for their own. If one of them reasearches something it doesn't count for the other player.
- Mission 9 doesn't have an intense mode. So does mission 10.
- In mission 7 both players got 10 gold from the mine instead of 5 (I'm not sure f this bug also happens on intense, I didn't pay attention)
- After beating mission 9 we couldn't "change the page" woth escape. Ergo, we got no code.

I think that's pretty much all we found. However, except for the bugs you did pretty well. :A

The save bugs are worth mentioning, but spoon is finishing human campaign this weekend so don't worry, I think he will fix the bugs

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
@Rafinius
I'll check it out

@-Equalizer
Yeaaah.. >>

@drhunter
Ty!

@Marston
- All the bugs for 9 & 10 I am aware of, and I'm fixing them soon!
- Didn't get a code on level 7? I'll check that out (But I know I did o.o)
- I'll double check the upgrades for around those levels
- In mission 7 the gold at 10 each is intentional. In regular play, the player would have double income. So in co-op play the players have normal income.
Thanks for finding those bugs and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Level 23
Lol, Marston I shouldn't have been critical of your reporting of bugs. The fact is you made the effort to play through the spoon's maps and then give feedback on this site. That you have done that much is commendable. We need more people like you +P.

Level 15
there r bugs in chapter 5 and 4, in 4 i couldnt build blacksmith, tryed to upgrade to keep or build another town hall but didnt work, allso tryed to download it again but it didnt affect.
in chapter 5 the undead just didnt attack at all, same as chapter 4 i tryed to download again but didnt affect :O btw how's going with chapters 9/10 update? :D will undead campigan be relesed on next week/this week? :D

Level 3
Ah, where you mention it, chapter 6 also seemed a bit buggy with the techtree upgrades.

My partner upgraded most of his stuff, but I couldn't research things which requiered a Keep (or was it Castle? The second tier). On the other hand, I could later build knights, but still couldn't research everything. Hmn. xD

Level 27
Yup. Plus technically it would be more fun since every player could get his own here (Like player 2 controls Misha until you'll get that troll shaman hero, and then Misha becaomes player 1 controled ordinary unit and all Misha's experience goes to the troll hero), plus this campaing is much longer than other and needs more teamwork since you don't own any bases. The drawback is that some maps need to load, which means you'll have to find another way for this, like you'll have to collected shimmerweed on that first map.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
@sagi5533
I will check out those bugs o.o
Thanks for finding them
I was a bit busy with exams this week so I only got to update 9
But next week is half term, so Final human fixes & first undead I promise ^^

@tleno
Perhaps eventually I will.
I could make misha the 2nd hero yes.. although I'd rather not.
As for the extra maps, I did have a think about that before.
I was thinking of putting as many areas onto 1 map as possible,
But every time you switch between you'd have to use your save/load code.

Level 23
Looking forward to seeing all the human maps complete and bug free. I do implore people to test all nine ( ten ) maps from beginning to end once he releases the bug-free versions, just so we can know for sure.

Looking forward to undead!!! Please occasionally look over my notes for doing the insane update for them!!

Also making Misha a second hero is not worth while, as you only fight a few quil-bar with Rexar alone until you get to Durotar, where you can get the troll voodoo hero.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
I've just released the last insane-mode update for my human campaign.
So that means over the next couple of days I plan to:

- Final testing of the human campaign
- Perhaps update the infomation on each of the maps
- Release the human campaign as a pack
- Send a message to hive to try get my project accepted/advertised/hosted (can anyone help with this)
- Release a testing map with the new falric
- Release undead chapter 1 (insane mode included)

Level 23
I've just released the last insane-mode update for my human campaign.
So that means over the next couple of days I plan to:

- Final testing of the human campaign
- Perhaps update the infomation on each of the maps
- Release the human campaign as a pack
- Send a message to hive to try get my project accepted/advertised/hosted (can anyone help with this)
- Release a testing map with the new falric
- Release undead chapter 1 (insane mode included)

I have posted a request for this to be hosted, I put effort into the request so hopefully no-one else will need to ( if too many people request it to be hosted, it won't be to our favour as they {admins} may get annoyed )

Level 23
the requests are invisible to all but the moderators of the forum. I can post their reply to the request when they do so.

EDIT: Spoon I have posted the request for hosted project, with all the necessary description about your project, but I need the following information which I can't give them:

-What you consider to be necessary: forum structure, sub domains, special requirements, etc.

-A concise outline of the forum titles and their descriptions.

-A list of any additional potential moderators (if applicable).

I have done the rest for you. Please post/me me when you can, but if you do pm please post that you did as I don't pay attention to the inbox notifications.

Last edited:

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
I'd rather do something important as this myself, but ok I'll tell you what I'd put.

Erm, I'd like this as the main forum:

The 2-Player Campaign: This ongoing project by The-Spoon allows you to replay the classic Warcraft 3 campaign with a friend! The project features; extra heroes, secrets, fixes, a score system, a save/load system and entirely new chapters.

Then 2 sub-forums:

Project Infomation: Find out more about the overall project aswell as infomation about future plans.

Player Feedback: Found a bug? Got a suggestions? Post them here, I'll do my best to answer them all.

For moderators I'd like just me for the moment. But I'll probably sticky a thread asking for suitable volunteers.

Thanks tulee.

Level 7
Very nice map(s).
Found some bugs:
1. The quest update in 1. mission only says that Arthas must survive :eek:
2. The map ends when you kill the grunts, not the slavemaster.
3. Wrong transmission in the slavemaster scene. "Move 'em out" is transmissed from the slavemaster, although it should be a grunt.
4. When you type -insane/-normal (this was in 2. map, not sure if it applies to the others aswell) the whole text appears again (see screenshot), i think that you should only show difficult changes, not the "type -new......"
5. There's no transmission from Arthas when he meets the dwarfs.

Attachments

• Mission 2.png
    Mission 2.png
    270.7 KB · Views: 219
Level 5
AWESOME IDEA MAN!!!! i was always expecting something like this and i love you now for the idea, ill get testing the maps, and im sad i didnt see this thread earlier :D anyway dude thanks for making my favorite lore multiplayer with buddies

Level 23
I'd rather do something important as this myself, but ok I'll tell you what I'd put.

Erm, I'd like this as the main forum:

The 2-Player Campaign: This ongoing project by The-Spoon allows you to replay the classic Warcraft 3 campaign with a friend! The project features; extra heroes, secrets, fixes, a score system, a save/load system and entirely new chapters.

Then 2 sub-forums:

Project Infomation: Find out more about the overall project aswell as infomation about future plans.

Player Feedback: Found a bug? Got a suggestions? Post them here, I'll do my best to answer them all.

For moderators I'd like just me for the moment. But I'll probably sticky a thread asking for suitable volunteers.

Thanks tulee.

Eh lol if you would rather do it yourself that's fine by me. Make sure you have an hour or so free time though, there are many requirements for the proposal.

Level 2
hey spoon hurry up with ur campaings cuz i rly wanna play the other with some friends!:) (can i upload ur maps to a hosting site?? i dont wanna do without ur permission)

Level 5
Just finished playing the human campaign. The tenth chapter (the custom one) is awesome, and both endings are great. Well, except for the bug of the priest in the third camp that can't be killed (I had to open the map with editor and remove a line of the spawning trigger).
For everything else: Good Job.

PD: Impatiently waiting for the UD camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.