1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

2 Player Campaign

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by TheSpoon, Feb 2, 2010.

1. FluXz

FluXz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks Spoon! I'd really like to play the campaign with my friend! Sorry for this question, but when will you release the Undead campaign? I can't find the answer in your main post.

2. The Druidinator

The Druidinator

Resources:
    Resources:
    I found a little bug: At the cinematic after destroying Mal'Ganis base on Shores of Northrend (map 07, if I recall correctly), all the people who have lines say them 1 or 2 seconds after the previous speaker started, making them all overlap into a single mess.

3. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @barowei
    Well.. in the normal play-through,
    You'd have both those bases.. and both those bases use your upgrades.. soo xP

@tulee
    Ok sure, I'll post Undead Falrics design soon!

@indomitable1319
    Yes I all the maps unprotected, I doubt anyone would/could steal them at this point, and I don't mind my players taking a further interest

@The Druidinator
    Yes, that speech bug can occur (seemingly randomly) during any of the maps!
    So.. I don't think theres anything I can do about it XD
    I think it might have something to do with connection speeds.. *shrug*

OK so here is the design so far for Captain Falric!
    Its been designed to that the skillset is /similar/ to the Old Falric's abilities.
    (Its not fully completed)

Model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...49998/?prev=search=death%20knight&d=list&r=20
    (I wasn't completely happy with this model, but it was the best I could find for him)
    Soundset: (Undecided)
    Stats: Similar to old Falric

Spell 1: Tainted Blow
    Effect: Strikes a single target with an attack-like spell (similar to soul drain), causing them to severely lose movespeed and attack speed for a moment.

Spell 2: Blood Pledge
    Effect: Raise a ward from a corpse that provides increased attack speed. (Also creates a small area of blight)

Spell 3: Runebreak
    Effect: Falric's attacks will have a chance to damage the soul of the target, lowering their armor.

Ultimate Spell: Call of the Departed
    Effect: Falric calls for a swarm of recently departed souls to swarm an area, causing damage over time to enemy units in the area.

Hopefully you'll see the changes between Captain Falric, and Undead Falric. (Which spells are linked together)
    I would NOT like any serious criticism on these spells, because these are what I've decided on.
    You could maybe suggest some subtle changes/improvements, but I don't want anybody with a 'uber idea' for the ulti or something.

4. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    The model's good. The skills are awesome! Can't wait for Undead! Just joking, I can.

5. SasuhKun

SasuhKun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, the most appropriate model would be something like the cinematic... (Marwyn and Falric behind of Arthas, with claoks and tridents..) Well, that was a show up tunic anyway. So the model is really good: They still use their cloaks and some other garments, and their spiked death knight armor and their runeblade. And the spells are really good. (I didn't liked the ult that much... I think you think on something better. Instead of unleashing the souls on their enemies, would focus all the souls essence and unleash them all in a enormous, damned shockwave... or Arthas's Anihilation from WoWLK
    I also liked the idea with blight. It was original and creative, since blight gives extra regeneration to the undead... that's why on later games some of my heroes carry those skulls of blight with them and I spread them all over the enemy base... in a macro output, it is really good, and may decide a battle or other.

6. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    Good skull tactic. Why didn't I think of that?

7. TheOverWhelming

TheOverWhelming

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like the abilities, and they relate to the living Falric like how the Undead Arthas to the Living Arthas' abilities relate.
    As for the model, unless you can get someone to make an Undead Captain/High Elven Footman model, that'll have to do.

8. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Spoon I like the spells. I also like how you have linked them to the old Falric, definitely a tribute to the paladin/death knight relationship. I also wanted to ask if, as enemy heroes play a far larger role in the undead campaign, if you could make them stronger so arthas and falric don't annihilate them? =p

9. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @all
    Thx for the positive input!

@SasuhKun
    I've got ideas to make it this soul swarm to look quite effective,
    But I didn't want to make it too different from his old Artillery Strike
    Also I've not seen this all.. but I was thinking of maybe basing it some-what on the number of deaths all together/nearby, I'm still thinking.

@tulee
    I'm not gonna change anything for the regular difficulty (except make it hard mode)
    But I'll definitely do that in the insane difficulty.

10. barowei

barowei

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe that's true, but full gold makes it easy to make all those upgrades. If it will be shared it will just become far too easy. After all, not everybody is gonna play insane mode.
    About skills - my opinion is really null, I will try them ingame. But looks like it fits his death knight theme well.

Also in scenario 10 I found just another bug compared to shield bash. My friend bashed crystal golem throught the ice gate and we couldn't kill him... (yeah, we were a bit bored so we decided to pass it again)

11. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    The crystal golem was also bashed up to the elevators where Deadeye was supposed to be. Though it only had around 120hp, I Tainted Light it to death.

12. sagi5533

sagi5533

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Undead campigan @,.,@ cant wait for it! :]
    though in my opinion falric death knight model isnt nice cuz the mask ,but the spells are great. I liked the blight idea its really usefull.

13. SasuhKun

SasuhKun

Resources:
    Resources:
    More corpses, more power? Well, the maximum amount of corpses will mean that your enemies are dead and if you use it in its maximum power, it will be for nothing. So it should be the opposite. He unleash the spirits that he have been harnessing for a long, long time, and unleash them in front of their enemy army. The more units, the more the spirits get enraged and more bloodlusty they get. And so, more damage!

14. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oooohh.. Damn, awesome!

15. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well I can't wait for next week! The entire human campaign finished at last!

16. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @Regarding shield Smash bugs
    I'll hopefully fix those bugs when I update the map

@Sasuhkun
    I dunno I'm still thinking.
    I don't want Falric's spells to outshine Arthas, so I wanna keep them relatively simple
    But I'm still thinking about the ulti.. but good point.

@tulee
    Actually 2 weeks*
    I'm on a short holiday next weekend XP
    But as I said.. I'll catch up the following weekend.
    You should hopefully see the first undead release in 2-3 weeks

17. Amauta

Amauta

Resources:
    Resources:
    The load sistems doesnot work... again in the chapter 4 ..

18. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    H9 and H10! Getting close to U1 and U2!

19. barowei

barowei

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not exactly, if I remember well TheSpoon said that he will make one Und scenario per week... Well, it's just another reason why I'm waiting for holidays;]

20. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources: