1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

2 Player Campaign

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by TheSpoon, Feb 2, 2010.

1. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Falric's role is what I call a /secondary/ hero,
    He is there to give the 2nd player a hero to use when there isn't any.
    Yes, he will just disappear for those missions.
    3 heroes is quite rediculous x.x

Insane mode won't be 'insane' for the first two levels, because they are the easiest 2 levels in the game.
    Thx for finding those 2 bugs, I'll fix them right away!
    I understand your main point, that adding 2 heroes imbalances the game a lot,
    But I still think the playability is more fun with the 2 heroes.
    But.. you want me to not bother adding the 2nd hero? No I don't think so.

When I update it, I might make a slight easier for Arthas.

2. barowei

barowei

Resources:
    Resources:
    You're right^^ This all wasn't exactly for you, but for this ones, which still calls for tweaks (3 heroes, wtf?!). I reconciled with adding the shared upgrades and techtree system (even if I still don't like it), and, in other hand, I really hope that -insane will be remedy for that (yeah, I will try to pass whole campaign with this).

3. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    My bro was kicking my ass with ease. I was finished off by the Ghost Of Northrend's Frost Nova wave thingy. Sigh, killed by my friends.

4. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Just a quick update to let you know I've worked out how to write some simple AI,
    So we do have a hope in having some more advanced ai to go up against in insane mode.
    (Which can be seen in chapter 4 update I released today)

For those that continue to question me 'wen will undead camp be released?'
    This is the plan

Next week: Human 5 & 6 Update
    2nd Week: Human 7 & 8 Update
    3rd Week: Human 9 & 10 Update
    4th Week: Planning/Creating Heroes
    5th Week: Undead 1 Release (Insane mode and other updates included)
    6th Week: Undead 2 Release
    ETC!

I hope to accelerate my work during the 6 weeks holidays, possibly to 3 maps per week being released? Who knows.

5. Amauta

Amauta

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thx for the new playable modifications, is very good now, well is better, iam waiting the next released, and iam make some publiciti in a spanish speaker communyti :D
    http://foros.3dgames.com.ar/warcraf...warcraft-ofcial-2-jugadores-x-internet.4.html
    Iam Found these Bugs:
    THE UPKEEP SISTEM DOES NOT WORK well FOR THE First PLAYER in the CHAPTE 2 3 and 4 (the food limit is 100).
    the load code doesnt work in the chapter 4 iam player the chapter 3 and the code doesnot load in the chapter 4

Thx for all The spoon.

6. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    Friggin' awesome, Spoon. What was that you said about linking our campaigns together?

7. activewear

activewear

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dont give up, too many persons believe in you :D

8. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Spoon your maps are coming along great, I was wondering if you could make it so that the items pass from one hero to the next for secondary heroes. Like when Jaina replaces Falric in mission 3, can Jaina get all the items Falric had during mission 2? Sorry if this is a stupid question that can be answered by me playing the map.

Edit: I was going to mention I couldn't find the change log for chapter 4 but then I realized you edited a post from February and it can be found at the bottom of page 1 for the map

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  9. Rafinius

Rafinius

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bah, stupid us shouldn't have complained that much.
    Now instead of working on the next maps, you are giving us the stuff we whined about in the previous ones...
    Don't get me wrong, now that you started it you should continue improving the old ones and adding insane mode etc. It will give the people that discover you maps from now on a much better experience.
    But it's still annoying that we, who already have finished -and enjoyed- the previous versions, now have to wait so long for the continuing of the story:cry:
    I at least want to go on playing the undead campaign together with my friend more than I want to revisit the awesome changes made to the maps we already beat. Also I think that all these small boons (giving units, sharing upgrades, disabling new features ect.), while convenient, are ultimately only crowding the map unnecessarily, making your (i.e. the mapmakers) life difficult and taking away the maps simplicity.
    ok, you can flame me now for being an egoist bastard and for contradicting the opinion I myself once said in a previous post:cred:. I hope you understand what I am trying to say despite my bitchines:crazz:

EDIT: Of course the -insane mode is still the most awesome addition.

10. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Thx for testing them, I'll double check those bugs.

I don't know, just something for you to think about ^^

The items are dropped on the floor, so they don't seem to magically 'teleport' to the new hero XD
    But yes thats already inplemented.
    And.. I'll move the changelog to the end, I didn't notice.

Well.. I'm sorta a perfectionist, I MUST go back and make things right in my opinion.
    So that people in the future who play all the levels, are playing them correctly.

And.. its the insane mode that takes up most my time on these updates btw XP
    The systems take about 30 minutes to add.

You may all be /dying/ to play the next chapters, but like all life's best things, you have to wait ^^

Also with the note of the forecoming SC2,
    I hope to have finished atleast the Rain of Chaos Campaign by the time Sc2 is released.

11. Onelord

Onelord

Resources:
    Resources:
    How did you even do this? I don't understand how you could take, official Campaigns from the actual game..

12. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Man, this is brilliant. I wish you good luck. andd i cant wait to play em' all! :D

13. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey Spoon I just wanted to ask, for missions like chapter 9 human, where Muradin, who has been player 2's hero for the last two missions, is going to die, does Captain hero then get the items Muradin had from the levels before despite Muradin still being playable, abet for a short while, in the lvl 9 map? Sorry I can't get to a computer right now, I am sure I would know if I just played the map. So feel free to let me find out for myself haha.

ALSO amazing work with the maps, I hope when you are older you can look back on these maps with pride, and marvel at your determination to get them done for your devoted fans =P

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  14. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can't wait for Undead 01 & 02!

15. Tank-Commander

Tank-Commander

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Spoon? Work? Those two thinks make sense in the spame sentance? D:

Well, anyway I wish u luck m8, I'm gonna wait for the nightelf campaigns. :p

16. Rafinius

Rafinius

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's logical that you will put this on hold when SC2 comes out (we all will XD), but do you think you may quit this project totally?? Cause that would be sad... :sniff:

17. TheSpoon

TheSpoon

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    You can reach the maps using an mpq reader

Thx very much, have fun

18. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    I didn't really appeal to SC at all. Well, anyway, good luck TheSpoon!

19. Rafinius

Rafinius

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well I hope SC doesn't come out in the next 8 months :p

20. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources: