• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2 Player Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I like your mp campaing maps. Human chapter is was too easy. Somebody can inspire your idea, and make multiplayer custom campaings. I hope someday some make multiplayer custom campaings. :smile:
Or after your make roc and tft campaings ready. What stop your make own custom campaings with multiplayer. :grin:

Level 23
Ok tulee, Here's an idea. Back off.

How many projects do you know that release a map every week.
I reckon I spend 8 hours every weekend on this project.
1 day of my weekend; every weekend essentially.
And a little more every weekday on the evening.
Thats a lot when you're trying to get good A Level results and into a good university.
Aswell as a social life.

Now this isn't just to you Tulee, you're a good guy, who just wants to play these maps,
Its just a little reminder to everyone.

Thank you.

Uhh... I don't know what to say. I am terribly embarrassed Spoon, I hope I didn't sound too ungrateful : (. I had no idea you worked so long hours on these maps.

Anyway my friend and I played insane chapter 3 and it was amazing. That solar spell of Sylvanas' was our worst nightmare come true. The wolf spell was pretty nice also. I raged when they first attacked us and took out so many of our men and we restarted the level. It was really fun!@!

I know I already posted a post on how to make the insane levels for the undead campaign but that was a while back and I would love to make an individual post for the insane of each level before you make it.

For the next level, the 3 moon keys or something, I would almost no changes. You can add extra towers at the portal if you wish but they won't make much difference as skeleton rushes in this can take almost anything. The ONLY thing that would need upgrading would be the new Sylvanas. Like she could have far higher stats than in the 3rd mission? This is because now arthas and Falric will have their lvl 3 nukes and can dispatch her far easier. ALSO if the wolf spell and Solar spell could be upgraded that would be awesome too, as the new level has crypt fiends, which everyone should convert to because ghouls are weak as shit. Fiends have far superior health to ghouls, and so Sylvanas' spells will have to be upgraded in accord +P.

-A very ashamed fan

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Its ok tulee; I'm glad you came around.
I can understand how you can become impatient
(Its cus they're so awesome right 8D?)

For the next chapter's insane mode I think I'll have;
Computer AI upgrades, like before
The "upgraded" sylvanas you saw from the last mission; just higher level
And maybe some tower upgrades for them aswell

Level 1
Chapter 3 was great spoon! Really fun! Also sylvanas ultimate was sick xD. Btw, you should probably add chapter 3 to the list in this thread, just saying :) Otherwise great map as always! Looking forward to the rest!

Level 18
You could give Sylvanas some items.
For example it would help her immensely if she had her own Dispel Magic. Perhaps you could give her a Wand of Dispel Magic. The one with the infinite casts.

Also, Sylvanas' power lay in her Frost Arrows that effectively crippled your hero and made it very painful and mana consuming to kill her. Now that there are two heroes however, it becomes much easier, because she can only keep one hero slowlocked.
Perhaps you could give her an area slow.
A negative Endurance Aura for example.
And with the need for Frost Arrows gone, you could give her a Searing Arrows instead. That would fit in with her sun and light based spells.

So her skill set would be like:
Summon Wolf
Searing Arrows
Crippling Aura
Ultimate: Incinerate Everything In Sight WTFPWN
And if you want to keep Trueshot Aura, give her a Flute of Accuracy and set it to +30%.

But, in the end, I don't want to stress you with stuff like this. Whatever you decide to do for insane, I know it'll be awesome.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Interesting idea with the items, I might try it
I don't think we need to worry about her being underpowered though;
I've done some testing and she's been very difficult xD

I am having trouble the AI of the chapter I am about to release
Thats why its taking a little longer
Should be released tomorrow

Level 12
You do know you can ask us for help right? Its like a symbiote relation, you feed us by releasing more of your epic edited chapters and we help you elsewhere.

Can't wait to try the next part tomorrow.

Level 23
You could give Sylvanas some items.
For example it would help her immensely if she had her own Dispel Magic. Perhaps you could give her a Wand of Dispel Magic. The one with the infinite casts.

Also, Sylvanas' power lay in her Frost Arrows that effectively crippled your hero and made it very painful and mana consuming to kill her. Now that there are two heroes however, it becomes much easier, because she can only keep one hero slowlocked.
Perhaps you could give her an area slow.
A negative Endurance Aura for example.
And with the need for Frost Arrows gone, you could give her a Searing Arrows instead. That would fit in with her sun and light based spells.

So her skill set would be like:
Summon Wolf
Searing Arrows
Crippling Aura
Ultimate: Incinerate Everything In Sight WTFPWN
And if you want to keep Trueshot Aura, give her a Flute of Accuracy and set it to +30%.

But, in the end, I don't want to stress you with stuff like this. Whatever you decide to do for insane, I know it'll be awesome.

Wow you summed up Sylvanas's pro's in a nutshell. She really did cripple Arthas when it was 1v1 hero wise. So true.

"I am having trouble the AI of the chapter I am about to release"
Oh well I hope all goes well. I am always a little nervous when I think about the AI being manipulated because it has the potential to make the level a lot easier. I.E:level 5 and 6 of the human campaign. Level 5 wasn't as bad but in level 6, the culling, all we had to do was hit Mal'ganis and he stopped targetting buildings and went for us in our base, which Blizzard directly prohibbited by Teleporting Malganis and his green forces if they ever came near to the base.

Level 18
By the way, I have found a player who does not whine all the time so I finally finished the last chapter of the Human Campaign.

It was fun, though a bit too difficult. But don't change it, it's alright this way.
Arthas' part can get a bit boring, because if Captain loses, you have to replay your part again, which can become quite annoying, but with a decent teammate it shouldn't be a problem. As for Captain's part, perhaps you gave him a bit too much to do, but that's also manageable. Why I think some people complain about the map's difficulty is because before this map you had your teammate to handle though situations when you weren't around, but on this map, you have but yourself to count on for a large portion of the game. That causes problems for Falric, because you periodically have to leave the camp to kill neutrals to get gold and items, that you would sell for even more gold or keep and to find the camps to get extra troops and resources. While doing this you may drift very far from your base and the long walk back home can give time for the undead to inflict some serious damage.

Finally, my issues report:
  • You should give some sort of hint at the beginning of the Golem Battle. It's easy to figure out what to do but by then you will have lost some life. You should also warn players that the Golem's spell, when he strikes the area before him several times, can be devastating and you should do your best to avoid it.
  • When reaching the stage where Falric learns 'Reinforcements', you could enable the techs that you missed while having a base. For example I would not research Defend, because I was saving every bit of gold for Knights and Riflemen, but later on it would have been a great asset against Arthas' summons.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
@tulee
I did not edit malganis' AI at all, only that of green's base
The things I may have played with was with the coding for that level, I needed to because there was some coding errors

And I've updated the AI for chapter 5

@McOvaBlood
- For Falric I found it was best to have Falric solo the creeps while your forces remained inside the base. Although that isn't completely clear, it is suggested with the unit placement.
- I do agree that the difficulty maybe come from the reliance on your teammate
- The golem battle is difficult yes, but I don't think it is necessary to warn players about all of your enemy's attacks; it is very possible to run around and collect runes to survive if you are struggling.
- I think you might be right about the researches for later in the game; although at the moment Falric's summons appear to be a lot stronger than Arthas'; so I might not be inclined to do that

Level 2
If you ask me Chapter 9 is harder than 10, on insane at least. Getting drilled on stop while not having a chance to expand even though you need the gold, it's pretty rough. If you can eliminate purple's base quickly it's manageable though. I mean you gotta protect 3 points at once.

Level 18
@Kabuto_Y.
I agree that Chapter 9 is difficult, but it's only difficult, because you start off by losing both your heroes for a good ten minutes and your enemies are merciless and do some serious blows to your defenses, while they're gone.
Your only hero has no items amd you don't have a Castle, so you don't have access to the powerful troops (Knights) and spells. (Polymorph and Inner Fire)
That's why expanding at the immediate start is impossible.
Once you get Arthas back though, he gives your units better survivability and that will spare some extra resources. It becomes much easier to defend and you'll have more and more units. That will slowly add up into a considerable army. Once this happens, it all depends on how well you can manage your army and sooner or later you'll beat purple and get an expansion and from there on you have won.

-Exchange will help you tremendously on this map, by the way, since you have so few resources and you have to be quick about completing the tech-tree. It's great to have both players have Priests using only the Arcane Sanctum you have at the start. It's also great that you can begin upgrading to Castle without having to fill your Gold Mine and Woods with Peasants first, as your ally can simply train them for you while you build the Castle.

Also, the fact that Siege Tanks are imbalanced as hell help you considerably.
Seriously, we ownt Mal'ganis' base with two Siege Tanks.

@TheSpoon
- For Falric I found it was best to have Falric solo the creeps while your forces remained inside the base. Although that isn't completely clear, it is suggested with the unit placement.
Yeah, I know, I did the same. More or less. I needed some Riflemen for the Dragons, though.
The golem battle is difficult yes, but I don't think it is necessary to warn players about all of your enemy's attacks; it is very possible to run around and collect runes to survive if you are struggling.
That's exactly what we had to do. Though it took some time to figure out that the spawns actually drop Runes.
I think you might be right about the researches for later in the game; although at the moment Falric's summons appear to be a lot stronger than Arthas'; so I might not be inclined to do that
You don't have to enable the attack upgrades, only the special 'skills' of each unit-type. Defend and Long Rifles for Footmen and Rifleman, respectively.

EDIT:
Spoon, a question:
  • I know it's a bit out of way yet, but: Do you plan on balancing the Naga race? It would be great because in the second human campaign, I suppose you plan on making them playable on the second, fifth and sixth map for the second player and the player playing them will be much more powerful than the one playing the elves.

EDIT2:
Spoon, the description says that you have 12 playable maps so far, but I count 14. You should update that.

Last edited:

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Just wondering.. are you talking about Chapter 9 insane or normal?
Because I know that its pretty sick on insane difficulty xD

One thing I was considering for the boss battle is you are allowed several attempts before defeat. (maybe not on -insane) That way the lower ability players can learn and retry quite easily.

What do you mean by balancing btw? Altering the values so they are not so overpowered?

And yes better fix that thx!

Level 18
If you meant me, I player through Chapter 9 on insane.

About the Naga:
You would need to alter the techtree, give them more structures and units. I mean, the Naga are so overpowered and yet lame, it's not even funny.
  • They don't have to upgrade their Town Hall, which saves them a lot of resources and gives them instant access to all units and spells.
  • Their Farm (Coral Bed) costs 110 gold and 40 lumber and grants 15 food, whereas a Human Farm for example costs 80 gold and 20 lumber and grants 6 food.
  • They don't have to build a building for researching upgrades. You can research upgrades in your Town Hall.
  • They can produce an Abomination (Naga Myrmidon has the exact same stats as an Abomination) a Dryad (Snap Dragon has nearly the same, but higher stats) and a siege engine, (that has high health and armor and can devour, block damage and return damage) at the very start of the game after building a Spawning Pool.
On the contrary, they also lack a few things.
  • They don't have enough units. Most races have two or three flyers, they have one, all races have three spellcasters, they have one. Even that one spellcaster is weak. Etc, etc
  • They don't have a building to return lumber to.

It would take a few weeks of testing, a few extra models, mainly for buildings and other stuff to make this half-race into a full-race.

Level 10
If you meant me, I player through Chapter 9 on insane.

About the Naga:
You would need to alter the techtree, give them more structures and units. I mean, the Naga are so overpowered and yet lame, it's not even funny.
  • They don't have to upgrade their Town Hall, which saves them a lot of resources and gives them instant access to all units and spells.
  • Their Farm (Coral Bed) costs 110 gold and 40 lumber and grants 15 food, whereas a Human Farm for example costs 80 gold and 20 lumber and grants 6 food.
  • They don't have to build a building for researching upgrades. You can research upgrades in your Town Hall.
  • They can produce an Abomination (Naga Myrmidon has the exact same stats as an Abomination) a Dryad (Snap Dragon has nearly the same, but higher stats) and a siege engine, (that has high health and armor and can devour, block damage and return damage) at the very start of the game after building a Spawning Pool.
On the contrary, they also lack a few things.
  • They don't have enough units. Most races have two or three flyers, they have one, all races have three spellcasters, they have one. Even that one spellcaster is weak. Etc, etc
  • They don't have a building to return lumber to.

It would take a few weeks of testing, a few extra models, mainly for buildings and other stuff to make this half-race into a full-race.

Im suprised someone hasn't done that already. I've been watching naga maps for years, yet to see a decent melee map that uses a Naga race and is nicely balanced, nor have I found a decent Naga campaign.

Level 23
Im suprised someone hasn't done that already. I've been watching naga maps for years, yet to see a decent melee map that uses a Naga race and is nicely balanced, nor have I found a decent Naga campaign.

Please stay on topic. Spoon has no reason to balance the naga race. He is remaking the campaign for two players.. And in case you hasn't noticed, the missions where you can base with the naga, IE Last mission for nightelves on TFT and the blood-elf mission where Illidan must close down the portal would be ridiculously difficult if not impossible without them being imbalanced. I remember trying the blood-elf mission using the bloodelves, who's strongest melee is a SWORDSMAN. The felorcs can only be beaten by the imbalanced naga.

Level 18
who's strongest melee is a SWORDSMAN.
While that is true, they're not the units you would use as front line warriors, but the Spell Breakers. You would also support them with Priests.
And about anything being difficult, remember that you will have two heroes on the map, (Possibly Illidan will either only come when a Portal is secured and he can begin to channel or Vashj will be disabled.) and you will have a sum of 120 units to control. You will also have the Dreanei supporting you.

I believe if we already changed abilities in the campaigns, added extra maps to the campaigns, altered the AIs of the campaigns, then a few extra units and buildings added in wouldn't be such a violation.

Level 12
Why is everyone talking about nagas/blood elves or in other words, 3 campaigns from now? I would be thinking about the Orc campaign and more specifically about who Thrall's sidekick hero will be. I bet Nazgrel.

Level 12
Or Vul'jin. (That is his name right?)

The very first mission could be red trying to find the scattered guys with blue already being bloodhoof and already fending himself against the centaurs until thrall come and help them to kill them all on that specific region.

Level 18
The orc campaign also has a few issues Spoon will have to solve.
He said somewhere that he intends to give Hellscream's base to player 2 on the third map. But if that is true, both heroes will have to play as the side-kick hero.
Also, the inventories will be very stange.

First column is player 1, second column is player 2
Orc 1 = Thrall (Inventory#1) + ? (Inventory#2)
Orc 2 = Thrall (Inventory#1) + ? (Inventory#2)
Orc 3 = Thrall (Inventory#1) + Grom (Inventory#2)
Orc 4 = ? (Inventory#3) + Grom (Inventory#2)
Orc 5 = ? (Inventory#3) + Grom (Inventory#2)
Orc 6 = Thrall (Inventory#1) + Cairne (Inventory#4)
Orc 7 = Thrall (Inventory#1) + Cairne (Inventory#4)
Orc 8 = Thrall (Inventory#1) + Cairne (Inventory#4)

Of course, if Spoon changes his mind about making Hellscream playable on Orc 3, it becomes much easier.

Orc 1 = Thrall (Inventory#1) + ? (Inventory#2)
Orc 2 = Thrall (Inventory#1) + ? (Inventory#2)
Orc 3 = Thrall (Inventory#1) + ? (Inventory#2)
Orc 4 = Grom (Inventory#3) + ? (Inventory#2)
Orc 5 = Grom (Inventory#3) + ? (Inventory#2)
Orc 6 = Thrall (Inventory#1) + Cairne (Inventory#4)
Orc 7 = Thrall (Inventory#1) + Cairne (Inventory#4)
Orc 8 = Thrall (Inventory#1) + Cairne (Inventory#4)

But even with the second way to do it, it will be very frustrating to lose all your items as the second player on Orc 6. Perhaps there should be a cinematic about ? returning to Thrall so Cairne can have his items. But if we do that, than he cannot become a Chaos Orc. But if he does not, he must leave once Hellscream drinks from the Chaos Well. So, hmpf.

Oh, and the reason why we're talking about the naga is because if Spoon does want to balance the Naga race than perhaps we could open a topic for it to gather ideas or even create the race so he only has to import it.

Level 5
I think the secondary heroes for the orc campaign should be Cairne and Drek'Thar (who don't necesarily have to be a common WC-3 farseer). When Thrall sends Grom to ashenvale, Drek'Thar accompanies him, and when Grom drinks the blood, Drek'Thar controls a base of non-cursed orcs. When the mission ends, Drek'Thar is captured by Grom. The extra chapter would be the rescue of Drek'Thar from a demon fortress in the outlands, and returning to Azeroth before the waygate closes.
It would end up:
Orc 1 = Thrall + Drek'Thar
Orc 2 = Thrall + Drek'Thar
Orc 3 = Thrall + Drek'Thar
Orc 4 = Grom + Drek'Thar
Orc 5 = Grom + Drek'Thar
Orc 6 = Thrall + Cairne
Orc 7 = Thrall + Cairne
Orc 8 = Thrall + Cairne
Orc IX = Thrall & Jaina + Cairne & Drek'Thar (after rescue)

Level 23
While that is true, they're not the units you would use as front line warriors, but the Spell Breakers. You would also support them with Priests.
And about anything being difficult, remember that you will have two heroes on the map, (Possibly Illidan will either only come when a Portal is secured and he can begin to channel or Vashj will be disabled.) and you will have a sum of 120 units to control. You will also have the Dreanei supporting you.

I believe if we already changed abilities in the campaigns, added extra maps to the campaigns, altered the AIs of the campaigns, then a few extra units and buildings added in wouldn't be such a violation.

except it would be diverting his time from the campaign, which is what most of us are here supporting him for.

As I see it the the 2nd playable hero for the orcs should be a troll, especially as it would tie in with the TFT bonus 3-map campaign of thrall and his escape from the maelstrom. So the troll would stick with thrall then when thrall leaves for the oracle the troll would go with Grom. When the orcs drink the blood the hero would stay the same as ALL TROLLS in that level, IE troll witchdoctor, head hunter aren't corrupted by the blood. Then the final mission won't have to have a corrupted troll hero, as, seeing that there are NO trolls in the final mission on the chao orc's side, that the trolls either split from the warsong or were killed.

Level 18
  • About the Naga
As if adding new spells and AIs and maps and difficulties and a score system wouldn't distract him. Seriously, if all Spoon did was add another hero with custom abilities for each map and a loading code, he would be releasing two new maps per day.

He improves the maps and that's why I am here supporting him. This has become so much more than a simple conversion to multiplayer now.

I simply can't see why you're so dead set against improving the playability of the Naga. I know it's very far away at the moment, but we could use that time to ... I don't know. Perhaps we could open a topic to gather ideas or begin playtesting to see what needs improving on them and what needs nerfing.
Because when I say improving the Naga, I don't just mean that they should be nerfed. Yes, they have imbalanced units. On the other hand, they lack so much characteristics the other races have. They don't even have a Lumber Mill, ffs. Do you seriously want to build a Temple of the Tides every time the lumber is gone from the area around your Temple?
  • About the Orc Hero
Yes, a troll hero is the perfect solution to the corruption puzzle.
On the other hand, I believe we will have to either simply give the Troll's and Grom's items to Cairne and Thrall or make the players lose these items.
As I believe the battles of Ashenvale and Stonetalon Peak happen at nearly the same time, the Troll obviously can't make it there in time. And he also mustn't, because if he did, he would certainly tell Thrall about Hellscream's corruption and Thrall would probably retreat and try to save Grom instead of finding the Oracle.

Level 12
Damn, very nice ideas there guys, especially the troll hero idea. It solves most of the problems and lore issues but also creates one, I mean would'nt it be wrong to just add a random created Troll hero to tag-along with both Grom and Thrall? Anyway if this what's chosen then I hope he gets to be a Witch Doctor hero so he can have atleast a small lore part in Grom's 2 missions(Yes, there was a witch doctor who warned him about the fountain of Blood, but they never named him or mention his past/present).

Still, its nice to have a Nazgrel raider hero there. And we don't have to make any excuses when Grom goes fel, Nazgrel could turn too. I mean who doesn't want to play with a fel orc raider hero and maybe fight him in the final chapter?-...Meh, I just ruined Nazgrel's lore from a honorable kash'drakor(spelled wrong) decsendant to an evil fel orc raider.

EDIT: about the item problem, well since there isn't any key items in the whole campaign i'd guess we'll have to live with it.

Level 2
Talking 'bout orc campaing in the first map you met carnie with thrall and the second map to, helping carnie transporting the kodo beast to the valley.

Level 23
Spoon can I give some advice for the next level's insane? Well this is how I think it should be:

Upgraded AI
Upgraded Sylvanas ( strong enough to compensate for the fact that both heroes get their ults next level
Increase runner HP by 150% ( it may sound like a lot but trust me it's not, this is added so that the players have to delegate more attention to the runner situation and not just focus on sylvanas' base ( which would spell fast death for her )
Upgrade Guardians
( Upgrading Silvermoon and it's archmage hero is optional, the upgrade to guardians will atleast force the players to deal with silvermoon and not just rush in and kill the guardians, which is very possible with the current guardians hp )

On a side note- this mission can become very easy with the bug of summoning additional heroes and units. This is the only mission that you can possess enemy builders. I remember when i played this in single player I made human heroes and swordsman with the defend ability ( which seriously fucks high elves as most of their damage comes from piercing attack ).

Also I can't wait for the black rock and rock two mission, the mission after silvermoon. it is my favourite level =p

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Okkaaay!

Naga Race:
- I will probably make some subtle changes to this race yes, enough so that both players feel like they have an equal contibution. I've not decided yet, but it could just be some subtle tweaks, or a massive changearound. Either way, it is a long way yet.

Orc Hero:
- I will do some research to find out whether a Troll or Orc would fit the lore best. I would like to use a hero already in lore, probably; Vol'jin, Drek Thar or Nazgrel, first I'll look at who will fit best with the lore and then which hero would be the most interesting to use.

Upgraded AI for U5:
- I agree with all of these points tulee, good ideas.

Item Difficulties:
- It might be awquard, but it should be possible.

Orc 1 = Thrall + BonusHero
Orc 2 = Thrall + BonusHero
Orc 3 = Thrall + BonusHero/Grom
Orc 4 = Grom + BonusHero
Orc 5 = Grom + BonusHero
Orc 6 = Thrall + Cairne
Orc 7 = Thrall + Cairne
Orc 8 = Thrall + Cairne

With P1 using the hero on the left, and P2 using the hero on the right

Hosted Project:
I am progressing with this and I've been talking to Ralle. He has been taking an interest in the project.
Hopefully soon this thread/project will all become much clearer!

Level 5
During the third mission, Grom have a base from the very beginning and he attacks the humans, ignoring his warchief's orders. I think he must be kept as an NPC during that mission.

Level 1
Thanks for finding that for me, I'll fix it right away!
(Lol at Ghoul's name x3)

I am from argentina xD and i have the warcraft 3 in spanish
soooo KEEP THE GOOD WORK SPOON:grin:

I notice if I find an error

ps: i use google translator xD

Level 2
I think Spoon should focus more on completing the campaigns than balancing the naga and the bloodelves. Also about Dryads and Snap Dragons, Snap Dragons don't have abolish magic or Spell Immmunity. Also Dragon Turtles don't have Fortified Armor or the Barrage ability but can attack enemy ground units and not just buildings. Also I don't know about Mymidon's and Abomination's stats but one again their abilities are quite different.

Also about playing on Chapter 9 on insane I thought I made clear that I was refering to insane difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.