• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.32.0.6 BETA NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.32.0.6 BETA NOTES

Pete Stilwell said: blizzarrow.gif

Howdy Friends,

We hope everyone that didn’t have weekend plans will join us - especially Mac players - to test this update. Release is on the horizon, and we appreciate your contributions to the process. Go team.

SPECIFIC CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS
  • Performance optimizations and stability improvements for menus and gameplay
  • Locale fonts updated

BUG FIXES
  • All locales have functioning voice over and portrait animations again
  • Classic camera restored
    • Dev Note: The camera position moved by ~10% when we started drawing the game fullscreen to support the new console UI - the original game stopped drawing where it met the original UI. We’re working on adjustments to the washed out team colors making Wisps or similar elements with transparency faint in classic.

KNOWN ISSUES

Beta Known Issues List

Hotfixes
  • Early game should no longer have a crash with no error
  • Volcano effect should no longer cause huge hitch or crash
  • Game screens should load more than audio
  • We’re still investigating the desync that seems most associated with LegionTD

Last edited:
Level 20
Today will either be an epic victory or an epic fail in the history of Warcraft 3!

Downloading.jpg

At least it's not 16GB again lol...and yes I have slow internet-.-

Level 9
Mind sharing then for others who might encounter this issue and not know what to do?
Ok. I ran the game the second time then I did not encounter the black screen issue. It was running normally. They have improved the optimisation main menu a lot.
So the this is how I fixed it: Restart wc3 Reforged Beta client

Level 9
Update post: Here are my specs which i could find
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3550H Processor
  • RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 256 GB SSD
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 560X 4 GB

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
I hope that graphics will be somewhat more consistent on release than in the beta. It is very confusing in the current beta (and since first beta release) to play. Distinguishing between units and what is going on is sometimes quite hard as many people have already pointed out. I still have faith that they will make a release quite different from what we see in the beta, though I'm by no means sure.

Level 20
It seems like they have "fixed" custom models by making them look like plastic lol. between this and having them darkend, i would pick the dark.

2.png

Also for some, textures are not loeaded properly

3.png

Particles have squares around them

1.png

- Custom terrain are not working.

- BlzSetItemExtendedTooltip() is working correctly now, but BlzSetAbilityExtendedTooltip() and BlzSetItemIconPath() are not.

- Performance is better

The issue with custom tiles is not solvable because the new tiles are in format dds. Convert your tiles to dds and re-import them with HD tag.
The plastic effect is the consequence of the fact that New Gen Grafics use 3 texture layers:
1- diffuse map (regular texture)
2- normal map (light reflection - shaders)
3- orm map (i guess it's team color)

This means that all old import assets with blp textures won't manage blp alpha channel correctly any more. And WC3 engine probably somehow adds the default normal map that makes them lightened.

Level 20
The plastic effect is the consequence of the fact that New Gen Grafics use 3 texture layers:
1- diffuse map (regular texture)
2- normal map (light reflection - shaders)
3- orm map (i guess it's team color)

This means that all old import assets with blp textures won't manage blp alpha channel correctly any more. And WC3 engine probably somehow adds the default normal map that makes them lightened.

Any ways around that?

Level 13
Anybody here noticed any model changed? New models added? Animations changed? Icons changed? Models fixed?

I also noticed this:
Warcraft III Patch 14391 - Mac Support, Elite Tauren Chieftain Credits, New Portraits
being a little puristy here, but if this is really the end credits, I'd prefer the old one imported, with everybody killing everybody.

Seems like they've made Chaos Orcs red-er. Totally don't look like the Mag'har anymore, sweet!

Last edited:
Level 20
So, I think I've noticed something genuinely new in the WE. Not sure if it's from the previous patch or the most recent one, but here it is:

• Actions
    • Quest - Create Campaign Quest Icon on <unit> using Boss style
    • Quest - Create Campaign Quest Icon at <point> using Bonus style
What this does is create a subtly flashing icon on the minimap. It appears permanent and I didn't see any way to remove it outside of killing/removing the unit/point. Anyway, the fun part about this is that there are a couple of different icons and... if you create one on a unit, it will MOVE with that unit.

One potential use for it is highlighting an incoming boss or an attack wave. Or both, honestly.

---

Anyway, here's how all the icons look like:

icons.jpg

And yes, there are some slight differences between all same-colored exclamation marks, it might not be that noticeable on the image, but they either have a very slightly different color or flash a bit differently. You have to look really, really closely to notice.

P.S. Second row, third one from the left is actually a red flashing skull - perfect for bosses.

---

By the way, I really hope they either add more of these or allow us to somehow import our own little icons.

Level 20
Also, these events seem new:

• Events
    • Player - Button for ability <AbilityCode> and order <Order> pressed.
    • Player - Button for <techcode> Bombs pressed.
    • Player - Button for build <unitcode> pressed.
    • Player - Button for train <unitcode> pressed.
    • Player - TriggerRegisterCommonCommandEventBJ()Param[1]) //it's for the orders: attack, move to, hold position, patrol to.
Didn't notice any changes to existing events.

---

Also, Import Manager got renamed to Asset Manager and got some filtering/sorting options:

Assetman.jpg

Mode - SD/HD; Teen - No/Yes; Locale - various client language options; Type - Model, Image/Texture, Sound/Music, AI Script, AI Data, Text, Preload, Other.

Last edited:
Level 20
Don't remember seeing anything like that - I guess this filter is more for the purpose of marking certain assets as "mature", so that if someone wants to later make a teen friendly version of his map, he has an easier time finding which custom assets aren't appropriate for that kind of content by filtering them out.

---

Okay, so - conditions:
- Boolean - "Sound - Set Facial Animation Label" -> no idea what this does.
- Integer - conditions for unit/item having a certain skin ID.
- String - "Ability - Parse Strings with Tags", "Cinematic - Skin Manager Get Local Path", "Game - Get Localized String" - no idea what these do.

- Real - "Player - Revival Time Rate" -> probably used with this new action:

• Hero - Make Player 1 (Red) Heroes' revive time rate to be 100.00% of normal rate
Didn't notice any other differences.

Level 13
Anyway, here's how all the icons look like:

View attachment 344876

And yes, there are some slight differences between all same-colored exclamation marks, it might not be that noticeable on the image, but they either have a very slightly different color or flash a bit differently. You have to look really, really closely to notice.

P.S. Second row, third one from the left is actually a red flashing skull - perfect for bosses.
Think these are for Founding of Durotar Campaign. It's basically pre WoW, so these icons will help a lot on such a large map. Think the big red skull serves for the big bosses you have a quest to kill, e.g Bloodfeather.

What I'hoping they'll add for release is the option to have Campaign heroes for melee. Since they've added Arthas as a Death Knight and Illidan as a Demon Hunter, and even made them default, would be awesome if they enabled other heroes too like Muradin for a Mountain King, Cairne for a Tauren Chiftain, Kel'thuzad for a Lich, Maiev for a Warden, etc...

Looking at the wowhead artical, anybody knows what unit is this?
900834.jpg

Last edited:
Level 20
Think these are for Founding of Durotar Campaign. It's basically pre WoW, so these icons will help a lot on such a large map. Think the big red skull serves for the big bosses you have a quest to kill, e.g Bloodfeather.
Maybe, all I know is that they weren't there in 1.31 - and yes, I'm doing a side by side comparison between Reforged and Classic.

---

Actions - outside of those quest icons and the revival rate (see above), there's also:

• Actions
    • Camera - Set camera focal distance to <real value>
    • Camera - Set camera depth of field scale to <real value>
    • Camera - Set <camera object> with label <string>
    • Camera - Get the label of <camera object>
    • -------- --- --------
    • Cinematic - Set Dialogue Text ID For Sound <sound> Dialogue Text ID <string>
    • Cinematic - Set Speaker Name Text ID For Sound <sound> Speaker Name Text ID <string>
    • Cinematic - Play Dialogue to <player group> from <unit> with type <unit type>. Play <sound>. Modify duration: Add <real value> seconds and Wait
    • Cinematic - Play Dialogue to <player group> from <player> <unit type> to the user interface at location <point>. Play <sound>. Modify duration: Add <real value> seconds and Wait
    • Cinematic - Create Minimap Icon on <unit> of color (255, 255, 255) using <model path> and fog visibility <visibility modifier, e.g. Black Mask>
    • Cinematic - Create Minimap Icon at <point> of color (255, 255, 255) using <model path> and fog visibility <visibility modifier, e.g. Fog of war>
    • Cinematic - Create Minimap Icon at <X, Y> of color (255, 255, 255) using <model path> and fog visibility <visibility modifier, e.g. Visibility>
    • Cinematic - Hide Cinematic Panels <True/False>
    • -------- --- --------
    • Quest - Destroy Minimap Icon for (Last created minimap icon) //includes new type of variable
    • Quest - Set Minimap Icon Visible for (Last created minimap icon) to True
    • Quest - Set Minimap Icon (Last created minimap icon) self destroy when attached unit is dead to <True/False>
    • -------- --- --------
    • Game - Set Max Checkpoint Saves to <integer value>
    • Game - Create checkpoint with name <file path> (<True/False> checkpoint message)
    • Game - Create campaign checkpoint with name <string> (<Show/Hide> checkpoint message)
    • Game - Start Recording with FPS: <integer value>
    • Game - End Recording
    • -------- --- --------
    • Visibility - Show Terrain: <True/False>
    • Visibility - Show Sky Box: <True/False>
    • -------- --- --------
    • Player - Make <player> units deal <percentage> of normal damage
    • Player - Create Ability Button Effect for <AbilityCode> and order <OrderID> //allows to pick ability and order in GUI
    • Player - Create Train Button Effect for <unitcode> //allows to pick unit type in GUI
    • Player - Create Build Button Effect for <unitcode> //allows to pick unit type in GUI
    • Player - Create Research Button Effect for <techcode> //allows to pick upgrade in GUI
    • Player - Create Learn Button Effect for <AbilityCode> //allows to pick ability in GUI
    • Player - CreateCommonCommandButtonEffectBJ()Param[1]) //it's for the orders: attack, move to
    • Player - Destroy Button Effect (Last created Button effect) //includes new type of variable
    • -------- --- --------
    • Item - Set Item Skin of <item> to 'tdx2' //not sure what's meant to be used here
    • -------- --- --------
    • Unit - Change Team Glow Visibility of <unit> to <True/False>
    • Unit - Set Unit Skin of <unit> to 'Hamg' //not sure what's meant to be used here
Some of these have already been reported on, but... this should be a pretty comprehensive list of what actions were added to GUI between 1.31 and 1.32.

Last edited:
Level 18
Also, Import Manager got renamed to Asset Manager and got some filtering/sorting options:

Mode - SD/HD; Teen - No/Yes; Locale - various client language options;
Any idea how these three new file settings get saved? Maybe there's a new war3map.* for this?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Spirit of Vengeance
Aw. That's quite lovely although it doesn't look like a spirit.

I'm doing a side by side comparison between Reforged and Classic.
Hold on, by Reforged you mean 1.32 right, not technically Reforged? Otherwise that would mean that 1.32 for Classic won't have those new GUI add-ons.

Level 9
Aw. That's quite lovely although it doesn't look like a spirit.
It does not look like a spirit but it looks like the Spirit of Vengeance reforged icon. The only difference is eye colour but the hair colour and helmet on the head are the same.
BTNAvengingWatcher-Reforged.png

Level 20
Sweet love. That's really something to consider for Twisting Nether maps and the like, whatnottery.
Just for the record, it works just like what you'd expect - it just hides all of terrain, but doesn't remove it, i.e. if you have some cliffs or whatever, the pathing remains the same. Also, there are no issues with showing the terrain again - could be really nice for some cinematic effects, like flickering the terrain a bit or something :D

---

Tried another action - Unit - Change Team Glow Visibility of <unit> to <True/False>

I have no idea what it does. Tried it on a hero, hoping that perhaps it removes a hero glow, but nope. Then tried it on a regular unit and didn't notice any difference.

Level 20
TEAM glow? Hmm... That's interesting. Maybe there's some other glow which comes for teams? Or try the allied filter button near the minimap.
Tried it and still nothing. Perhaps it's bugged or team glow is not implemented yet.

And this - Player - Make <player> units deal <percentage> of normal damage

This is just flat-out amazing. It works for both normal attacks and abilities (tried Immolation Aura, Flamestrike, Blizzard, Storm Bolt). One use I can already see for this are cinematics where you want to have soldiers fighting each other, but not actually take any damage - you can set the value to 0.00% and you're good. You can also make some global buff that increases the damage all your units do by some percentage. And those are just two quick examples.

Some things to note:
- It doesn't update the damage values in the UI.
- You can't set negative values.

One thing I'd want is to be able to apply this to selected units.

Last edited:
Level 9
A bug which may kill custom games:
full

EXPLANATION--
After playing DoTA the collection becomes chaotic. Something is wrong here as the picture highlights. Plz Blizzard make sure this does not turn a Treant Protector into Jaina as Female DH skin is turning Anti-Mage female. Thanks.

Level 2
I learned from this patch that all the trigger languages in "triggerstrings.txt" have been moved to "TriggerData.txt" except for the "hint" part.

Doesn't it make the distinction between "strings" and "Data" obscure?

Level 20
Any idea how these three new file settings get saved? Maybe there's a new war3map.* for this?
Locales adds this to the path: _Locales\(locale).mod\(filename)
Teen adds this to the path: _Teen.w3mod\(filename)
HD adds this to the path: _HD.w3mod\(filename)

If you use both Teen and HD it looks like this: _HD.w3mod\_Teen.w3mod\(filename)

If you use both HD and Locale it looks like this: _HD.w3mod\_Locales\(locale).mod\(filename)

Teen IGNORES locale.

In non-beta versions you can add the path yourself manually and 1.32 Beta will understand it.

For general use you're probably only going to touch the HD flag, which determines if a model can only be shown in HD mode (otherwise SD is shown in either version)

Level 6
I bought the game a few days ago and I really like the graphical style. I can't wait to play custom campaigns for this!

Also really impressed with the performance, especially after the last patch.

Only thing that still bugs me graphically is the lighting in the portraits. It's really flat, which makes the picture look boring. It definitely needs tweaking.

But overall I feel very optimistic about this.

Level 23

Video from Wtiiwarcraft showing ingame how he has 100+ more FPS on 1.32 "classic", as compared with 1.31 (7:27 you can see him on 1.31, 8:40 you can see him on 1.32)

The takeaway from this is "classic" is also benefiting from whatever optimising they are doing, which is great for all those multiplayer maps that lag towards the end of the game.

Level 6
That's actually a very good thing ! It's unfortunate though that streamers trash 1.32 Classic because of minor issues like washed-out teamcolors and few sounds problems, while they are obviously minor stuff that will quickly get fixed, but that optimization improvement on Classic graphics compared to War3 TFT are kept silent.
Few people seem to notice, but teamcoloring of units in Reforged is also way better. Grunts, HH, fiends, ... on Reforged graphics, they display more teamcolors that what they used to at the beginning of the beta, and it's no longer a burden to differentiate the owner of an unit in mirror matches, 4v4 and FFA.
However 10 days to fix all remaining optimisation issues with Reforged graphics (poor AMD GPUs users) won't be enough, and I fear it won't really bring a new playerbase on the long term.

Level 20
Those are raw codes / object ids. 'tdx2' refers to "Tome of Agility (+2)" and 'Hamg' refers to "Archmage".
That's what I've thought initially, but despite being filled with raw codes, they both expect an integer when edited - perhaps their GUI implementation is just messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.