• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

1.32.0.4 BETA NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
2) Anyone else noticed that the beta UI has no "Custom Campaign" section? Can anyone confirm that the campaign editor is even in the Beta WE?
Custom Campaign has never been usable in the beta as far back as TFT beta so they do that on purpose. As far as Blizzard is concerned they want people to test Battle.net functionality and Custom Campaigns don't do that.

And yes, the Campaign Editor is in the beta. You just can't do much of anything with it at the moment since you can't test anything that uses it.

Am I missing something here??
download-png.342459
I'm not sure what I'm looking for, but it seems like you bought the game, but don't have Beta access. Nobody can install the game because it isn't Live yet.

Hi all, a few questions:

4) How do you open the beta World Editor? I click on it and it prompts me to sign into battle net. I sign in, and nothing happens thereafter.

I have to launch it through the Battle.net app. One of the buttons right above the trailer panel is "Launch Editor" in green letters.

Last edited:
Level 20
Custom Campaign has never been usable in the beta as far back as TFT beta so they do that on purpose. As far as Blizzard is concerned they want people to test Battle.net functionality and Custom Campaigns don't do that.
Well, that's comforting to hear - must admit, I was worried for a moment :)

Level 13
Loading Screens for the Frozen Throne campaign

Wtf?????
Seriousely. If anything they could have just reused WoW's maps, with adding the X mark and some recoloring (basic Photoshop skills)....
This is rediculous. Now they are non cannon and don't make any sense!!!(exe Brill is on a totally different location)
They should've just called it Warcraft 3 Regraphiced or Warcraft 3 Reskined.
I'm just going to drop this here:
These actually look really nice, though.

MrRious

M

MrRious

The new scorescreen looks awful. It's really unnecessary.

I'm not a fan of the new WORLD OF WARCRAFT (OMG Who could have expected it????) loading screens, but they're not a big issue. I'm sure I'll get used to them. Orc and UD crests (logos) look werid, though.

2) The art is nice, but the UI could use to be less "artistic clickfest" and more "actually useable". It legit makes me sad that it needs more clicking and scrolling to navigate the campaign menu than the classic game - I was expecting an upgrade here, not a downgrade.

I would strongly suggest just making the art smaller and putting all campaigns on a single screen or if you really want to have "pages", cut the number to 2 - one for RoC, one for TfT - instead of 3. And instead of arrows, put two buttons that say "Reign of Chaos" and "The Frozen Throne". Will be less confusing and "click-y" that way.

And heck, utility aside, even despite all the fancy art, I'd still say the classic UI - both the menu and campaign screens - is simply better designed and better looking.

The menu itself is okay-ish, though I'm not a fan that just like the campaign menu it requires more clicks and scrolling to navigate than the classic game, but whatever. What really pisses me off is that as I understand, there doesn't seem to be a way to start the game with the AI or play a solo game or even set up a multiplayer game without it being automatically posted to the custom games list on creation and enabliing someone to enter the game uninvited.

I HATE the campaign selection screen. The original menu was much more simple and better. It may sound weird, but when I first played it, it was actually my favourite part of the game - Not the gameplay (which is great), but discovering new campaign screens. (Oh, how excited I was, when I first saw the UD screen).

The backgrounds can't be properly seen because of all that text getting in the way plus that huge annoying panel on the left.
It still looks weird, animated images instead of 3D rendered pieces.

The word you're looking for is lazy, not weird. I hope we'll at least get new backgrounds for custom campaigns (that would be great). I'm sure that annoying panel is here to stay.

Level 20
Yesterday I've visited a friend who has beta access and I had a chance to play Reforged for myself.

---

Before I go into my impressions and thoughts, I have to share a certain discovery that we've made.

You know how Reforged has the collection tab where you can unlock the portraits? As it turns out, some of them are obtained by completing the campaign. The kicker here is that instead of saying which campaign is required to unlock a portrait, it lists all the missions you have to do.

Now... Remember that "lost missions" tease from the leaked campaign selection menu? Well, we went over all the missions listed in the collection tab and compared them to the maps available in the classic game. What we've found is:

1) There are no new campaign missions in Reforged - everything is exactly as it was with one exception...
2) Exodus of the Horde campaign contains all 3 missions from the demo campaign (i.e. the ones dealing with the Darkspear Trolls, Naga Sea Witch and so on).

Based on that, it appears that "lost missions" refers to the demo campaign, so if you were hoping for some cut missions making a come back or some new maps - chances are you are going to be disappointed.

--

Okay, impressions:

1) Game performance really needs some serious work. We've played on my friend's laptop that can run Starcraft II on max settings without breaking a sweat and the only time when Reforged run smoothly in 1v1/2v2 was when we used the lowest settings. All medium with shadows off was okay-ish for the most part as well, though especially in bigger fights it sometimes got a bit choppy. Oh, and no matter what settings we've used, random frame drops happened from time to time.

2) As for the looks - the game does look and feel significantly better when played. At least to me.

- Night Elves are by far the best looking race for me - units, buildings, animations, effects and portraits look amazing. Huge fan, seriously. The only exception is the rainbow-fighter Hyppogryph that I still think looks hideous. But other than that, I really loved them.

- Oh and adressing a concern that I've seen around here - yes, the Archer is hunched over, but it doesn't feel like it's a Headhunter rip off. I got the vibe that she's sneaky and the fact that she doesn't stand straight actually makes it easier to notice her in the thick of things.

- Orcs and Undead are really nice too. I wasn't a huge fan of Blight, but it actually looks pretty dark. In general, the whole game seems a bit darker than what I've seen in the videos, which for me is a good thing, because I really didn't like how bright everything was in the early beta. And yes, they've added the effect thing to Necroplis' training animation, so that's fine too.

- I'm not really a huge fan of Humans, but they aren't "bad" either. The one thing that stood out the most for me was that their portraits often look weird-ish. I mean, a lot of faces seem low-quality, armor looks a bit fake and the portraits are too "bright". Not going to go into much details about portrais, though since a lot of them are still not animated, i.e. not really finished.

- Terrain... It's pretty meh, but not as bad as I've originally thought. Foliage really helps, though I feel some of it could use to stand out a bit more. But generally it's... acceptable, I guess.

3) Readability - it's not perfect or on the level of classic W3, but it is better than what I've expected. I've played or watched my friend play a couple of 1v1s and 2v2s and not once have I run into any serious issues with telling units apart or noticing player colors, though there were some short moments where I found myself a tiny bit confused. The good part is that if something looks really different, you get used to it pretty quickly. With some minor tweaks here and there I think it will be fine.

One bad thing I did notice, though, is that sometimes it's a bit difficult to click on things like items or specific units.

---

Overall - I was pleasantly surprised. If you're a purist, you probably won't like how Reforged looks, because despite the game still feeling like Warcraft 3, there are some pretty serious differences. But if you're like me and you approach the game with an open mind - it looks okay and with some minor tweaks here and there, I think most folks are going to be satisfied with the graphics. The only big concern that I have right now is performance. And I'm still salty about the big cutscene removal of 2019.

Generally, though - it's better than I've expected. And yes, I will say it - after playing Reforged for myself, I'm actually really tempted to buy it.

---

P.S. I took one of my old maps with me and tried opening it with the Reforged Editor - it's noticeably slower than the live one. Like, seriously slower. I didn't count, but I'd say that loading this map took about 2-3 times longer in Reforged than in the classic game. Other than that, I didn't really want to tinker with the WE all that much to not be impolite to my friend. So, no other impressions here.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Loading Screens for the Frozen Throne campaign
What's with those mouth gates in Northrend though?
1) Game performance really needs some serious work. We've played on my friend's laptop that can run Starcraft II on max settings without breaking a sweat and the only time when Reforged run smoothly in 1v1/2v2 was when we used the lowest settings.
Which StarCraft II and this is 2019.

Warcraft III Reforged Models - Lizards
Warcraft III Reforged Models - Spiders
Warcraft III Reforged Story Campaign Backgrounds - Part 2
Warcraft III: Reforged Build 1.32.0.4 - Mac Client Support, Azeroth Grand Prix Cars, Starcraft Marine

Here's Duke Nukem
893460.jpg

Level 20
A modeller would be able to tell you the poly count and detail differences also on textures.
So what you're saying is that Reforged so much more advanced graphically that a machine that could run SC 2 on max settings should be fine just for lowest Reforged settings? What's next, you're going to tell me that I need to upgrade to RTX 2080Ti to play Reforged on max settings?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
So what you're saying is that Reforged so much more advanced graphically that a machine that could run SC 2 on max settings should be fine just for lowest Reforged settings?
Not necessarily. There certainly are some performance issues especially considering it's a modified old engine. But graphics wise, the models look much more advanced than StarCraft II's. Of course, StarCraft II has more models at one time than Warcraft III but maybe there's some sort of balance in what the number-quality is concerned between the two games.

Level 20
Not necessarily. There certainly are some performance issues especially considering it's a modified old engine. But graphics wise, the models look much more advanced than StarCraft II's. Of course, StarCraft II has more models at one time than Warcraft III but maybe there's some sort of balance in what the number-quality is concerned between the two games.
Well then, models might be more "graphically advanced" than SC2, but I still think Legacy of the Void has better looking graphics. It's a matter of personal preference, I guess.

Last edited:
Level 20
It has lots of lights and FX which add up to the models themselves.
I still fundamentally disagree with you. I'm not a technical expert or anything, so I might be wrong on this one, but judging by the naked eye - I think it would be reasonable to expect that a computer that can run Legacy of the Void on maxed out settings should at least be able to handle Reforged on medium-ish settings.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I still fundamentally disagree with you. I'm not a technical expert or anything, so I might be wrong on this one, but judging by the naked eye - I think it would be reasonable to expect that a computer that can run Legacy of the Void on maxed out settings should at least be able to handle Reforged on medium-ish settings
This is not a matter of belief. We need a modeller-visual artist to investigate it.
I did not imply Reforged shouldn't work on medium settings though.

Level 20
This is not a matter of belief.
It is.

I'm not arguing from a technical point of view - I know nothing about it, so obviously if someone more knowledgeable about the topic tells me that Reforged has a lot more advanced graphics than Legacy of the Void, I'm just going to assume that it's probably the case. I concede in this regard.

Where I'm coming from is an average consumer's subjective perception of graphics. I mean, if you look at a game like Anthem then even if you know nothing about technical side of things, it's obvious to you that it's graphically advanced and thus it will require a beefy graphics card, right? Now, answer me this - technical aspects aside, do you think Reforged looks so much better than maxed out Legacy of the Void that it's obvious to you that it would require significantly better specs?

To me it just doesn't. A little better computer for highest graphics? Sure, that something that as a regular consumer I would consider reasonable. It would make sense to me. But looking at Reforged and LotV... as an average person, I just don't see that much of a graphical upgrade that would require much more from my computer than what LotV did just to run the game on decent-ish settings.

And if it does then... well, I just feel like what I'm seeing in game doesn't really justify those requirements.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
do you think Reforged looks so much better than maxed out Legacy of the Void that it's obvious to you that it would require a significantly better computer to run?
It's not about that. It's about what the current performance requires. If those high poly models need more resources than what LotV needs at this time, that's what it's about. Again, it has to be investigated because I could be wrong and the issue might lie somewhere else, not necessarily only or mainly regarding the graphics engine enhancement. It could be the way it is being run.
LotV is polished. Reforged is a beta.

Level 35
WHAT THE HELL! Are they insane? Why is damned Sunken Ruins map look like barrens? Where is green-yellow shades which were present in original TFT so we know from distance that it is Sunken ruins at all? Plus ,they should add some palms there. You can't recognize that region if not seeing islands. BLIZZARD FIX THIS CRAP IMMEDIATELLY!

I am impressed by look of Outland map and Icecrown though. That red style of Outland is awesome, and those skeleton statues are amazing in icecrown. But disgusting Sunken Ruins!!!!!! And that Maiev stading in front of some temple. They degraded from tropical to something else.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Level 20
It's not about that. It's about what the current performance requires. If those high poly models need more resources than what LotV needs at this time, that's what it's about.
You absolutely missed my point.

Once again - I'm talking about consumer's perception of graphical fidelity compared to system requirements, not what technical aspects of both games require. If there's a valid technical reason for Reforged needing more power than LotV then so be it, I'm not arguing about that. But the thing is - your average consumer will have absolutely no idea that this reason exists, nor will he go to any forums to ask someone who is more knowledgeable.

An average user will just judge the requirements based on what he sees on the screen - on how good he thinks the graphics is. And if it turns out that he needs to upgrade his PC, he won't feel that it's justified just because of some technical detail that he's not even aware of. It won't make sense to him, especially if he can run some other game that in his opinion looks as good or better than Reforged without any issues. He will just feel that Reforged has unreasonably high requirements for what it's offering.

Last edited:
Level 35
Maybe WoW fans can?
WOW FANS!!!! BUT WOW FANS AGAIN!
Let them go and play WOW, this is warcraft III Reforged, not WOW reforged.
Make Broken Isles fit tropical style.

Who built them? It surely doesn't look like Nerubians did.
Lich King, Undeads, anyone.... Does not matter... It is here to scary visitors and as good prop we have seen in old movies and cartoons.
They should do that in Sunken Ruins too as it is present much in pirate movies, those big rocks with skull face, entrance to caves in jungle haha

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
An average user will just judge the requirements based on what he sees on the screen - on how good he thinks the graphics is. And if it turns out that he needs to upgrade his PC, he won't feel that it's justified just because of some technical detail that he's not even aware of. It won't make sense to him, especially if he can run some other game that in his opinion looks as good or better than Reforged without any issues. He will just feel that Reforged has unreasonably high requirements for what it's offering.
Yeah, we'll just have to see the final product, see if it is indeed justified.

Level 20
So what you're saying is that Reforged so much more advanced graphically that a machine that could run SC 2 on max settings should be fine just for lowest Reforged settings? What's next, you're going to tell me that I need to upgrade to RTX 2080Ti to play Reforged on max settings?
Blizzard updates model fidelity periodically; notably the specs for m2, m3, and mdx were all updated in the past year to take advantage of more recent advances in shading tech.

And that's beside the fact that the original Starcraft 2 models are fairly low poly by today's standards.

Even if you discount the debugging tools bogging down Reforged Beta (especially that a lot of the files are needlessly encrypted and have to be decrypted in real time), it is entirely possible Reforged could eat up more resources than Starcraft 2.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Comparison between new and old loading screens. Oh that Sunken Ruins again!
Only issue I have is with the Sunken Isles being too desolate and those Northrend skull caves.

• On Exhume Corpses icon, there's no more dirt/soil anymore though (video).
  • Skeletal Mastery's skull, doesn't have that fiery aura around the head anymore (video).
  • Easter eggs Boneyard :\ (video).

Doodad comparison:

• Crystals are totally different (video). Actually many models are quite different than the original and the ice ones look dirty like this: video.
  • Demon/Outland props look washed out (video).
  • No more clean white skulls. Many have a colour too similar to the pike or the doodads they're on (video).
  • How does the new sunken ruins sacrificial altar look better or at least not worse? (video).
  • I wonder if some fountains still have water sparkling animations (video).
  • It's hard to make out that there are books there and the wood looks to metallic (video).
  • Because this chair now has a platform, it'll be less useful (video).
  • The ice obelisk looks too much like made of pearls or marble and not ice (video).
Maybe every race/faction to have their Backpack icon?

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
WHAT THE HELL! Are they insane? Why is damned Sunken Ruins map look like barrens? Where is green-yellow shades which were present in original TFT so we know from distance that it is Sunken ruins at all? Plus ,they should add some palms there. You can't recognize that region if not seeing islands. BLIZZARD FIX THIS CRAP IMMEDIATELLY!

To be fair the Sunken Ruins in WC2 was just a barren island desert so maybe they decided to undo the retcon in WC3

Some bug reports, all using
Temple of the Old Gods v11

1. Preview Screen does not work.

WC3ScrnShot_121319_175824_001.png

2. Loading Screen does not work

WC3ScrnShot_121319_175909_001.png

3. Alien tree wall (mushrooms) is missing texture or the texture is red.

It does look alright in the editor though.

WC3ScrnShot_121319_183906_001.png

TreeWallEditor.png

It is based on Dungeon Tree Wall with tinting color. See the Object Editor settings below:

TreeWallObjectEditor.png

4. Some doodads are disproportionally big, like this purple mushroomish thingy.

WC3ScrnShot_121319_184002_001.png

Also, some enemy models like Great Corruptors were really big. So it seems that we need to readjust model sizes in Reforged.

5. Terrain lacks variation. It seems like the terrain has only 1 variation.

WC3ScrnShot_121319_192618_001.png

6. Some custom models were strangely small, especially the Faceless Mage model.

I think it will be easy to fix with Scaling Value, but I reported it here anyways.

WC3ScrnShot_121319_193102_001-red.png

7. Custom ground textures did not work at all.

GroundTexture.png

8. Sunken Ruins Rough Dirt is missing runic signs.

NoRunes.png

9. An odd environmental 3D sound (like constant clashing or hitting) was attached to the center of the Emerald Throne room.

Might be easy to fix, if we find the source of the sound.

10. Sometimes music did not play correctly but we need to investigate whether it is our bug or Reforged's.

Otherwise, the game worked surprisingly well.

GOOD THINGS

1. I got steady 30–40 FPS on my nVidia Geforce MX150, which I think is really good for an entry level video card.

2. Map loading times were fast.

3. No trigger bugs of any sort.

Last edited:
Level 13
Some bug reports, all using
Temple of the Old Gods v11

1. Preview Screen does not work.

View attachment 342547

2. Loading Screen does not work

View attachment 342548

3. Underground tree wall (mushrooms) is missing texture or the texture is red.

View attachment 342549

4. Some doodads are disproportionally big, like this purple mushroomish thingy.

View attachment 342550

Also, some enemy models like Great Corruptors were really big. So it seems that we need to readjust model sizes in Reforged.

5. Terrain lacks variation. It seems like the terrain has only 1 variation.

View attachment 342551

6. Some custom models were strangely small, especially the Faceless Mage model.

I think it will be easy to fix with Scaling Value, but I reported it here anyways.

View attachment 342552

7. Custom ground textures did not work at all.

View attachment 342553

8. Sunken Ruins Rough Dirt is missing runic signs.

View attachment 342555

9. An odd environmental 3D sound (like constant clashing or hitting) was attached to the center of the Emerald Throne room.

Might be easy to fix, if we find the source of the sound.

10. Sometimes music did not play correctly but we need to investigate whether it is our bug or Reforged's.

Otherwise, the game worked surprisingly well.

GOOD THINGS

1. I got steady 30–40 FPS on my nVidia Geforce MX150, which I think is really good for an entry level video card.

3. No trigger bugs of any sort.
Wow, custom stuff really do look bad in Reforged.
I guess Reforged will be there for Melee, Campaigns, and Custom maps that use no custom stuff, and Classic for Custom maps that use custom stuff.

Level 13
Not really. Custom stuff works but you have to start with it, not port an old project to it unless you fix everything bit by bit.
Look how low poly (bad) Dwarven vendors(use custom models) look compared to default dwarven models, and the Hero(who uses default bandit model). Look how low poly Gnoll Heroes(use custom models) look compared to other gnolls that use default models, same thing for Faceless One hero(custom model) and units (default models). Also gnoll worker looks really out of place to that complex Lumber Mill(default again).

Level 20
Even if you discount the debugging tools bogging down Reforged Beta (especially that a lot of the files are needlessly encrypted and have to be decrypted in real time), it is entirely possible Reforged could eat up more resources than Starcraft 2.
Thanks for the clarification :)

Anyway, my friend did some further testing with the FPS meter turned on. Here's a translation of what he sent me:

"I found which settings are the problem. The game runs a lot better with shadows turned off and lighting switched from medium to low. With everything else on medium, I had a fairly consistent 100+ FPS outside of fights and about 60-70 during them. For the most part it felt fluid. It was a bit worse with everything except shadows/lighting on high, but still playable.

What worries me are random FPS drops. What I mean by that is sometimes FPS just goes down to 10-20 for 0,5-1 seconds and then quickly jumps back up to whatever it was before. These are the stutters that we've noticed. There's no rule as to when this happens. I've noticed at the beginning of the game, while I sit with a small amount of units in base and obviously during fights. But then I also played a 2v2 where all 4 players fought with 70+ food of units and it was stable for a couple of minutes straight.

I've also tried clearing the map (creeps, enemies), leaving only one building and 2-3 units standing in the middle of the map. Drops still happened. Finally, turning either shadows to low or lighting to medium or even both caused FPS to decrease, but it was still mostly smooth - the issue is that FPS drops happened more often."

So... anyone more tech-savvy has an idea what can be causing this? Specifically, does it seem more like his GPU is good enough or more like an optimization issue with the game? And is there a chance that once Blizzard optimizes Reforged some more, these drops will go away?

And before you ask - his graphics card is Geforce 1050, he has the latest drivers, Vsync and anti-aliasing are off, he plays on 1920x1080 fullscreen.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Look how low poly (bad) Dwarven vendors(use custom models) look compared to default dwarven models, and the Hero(who uses default bandit model). Look how low poly Gnoll Heroes(use custom models) look compared to other gnolls that use default models, same thing for Faceless One hero(custom model) and units (default models). Also gnoll worker looks really out of place to that complex Lumber Mill(default again).
Of course I meant the non-Reforged models have to be changed too to meet the expectations.

Level 20
I guess Reforged will be there for Melee, Campaigns, and Custom maps that use no custom stuff, and Classic for Custom maps that use custom stuff.
Not a surprise. Ever since they've shown the first gameplay trailer, it was obvious that Reforged models are much higher quality than the classic game, so most custom content will look bad in Reforged. Maybe some of the best custom assets out there could work, but then again - there is a noticeable art style difference, so who knows.

To me it all depends on whether modellers will rise up to make Reforged-specific assets. If they will, over time it should also have a nice library of models to choose from, though even then classic will probably be better for projects that heavily rely on custom assets, at least for a considerable amount of time. But then again, Reforged has way more unique models than classic, so that's definetely an advantage that modders will be able to use.

I can confirm this - from what I've seen, maps load very quickly in game.
Sadly, the same can't be said about loading them in the editor.

Level 2
Truth be told, even the old melee maps look somehow hilariously dull at large.
I really wish they don't listen to anyone at all and just grind it to Blizzard level of polish.
Remember when we had that? Blizzard polish?
I am totally ready to wait until it's done.

Level 13
To me it all depends on whether modellers will rise up to make Reforged-specific assets. If they will, over time it should also have a nice library of models to choose from, though even then classic will probably be better for projects that heavily rely on custom assets, at least for a considerable amount of time. But then again, Reforged has way more unique models than classic, so that's definetely an advantage that modders will be able to use.
Sadly, while I'm hoping this will happen, it honestely doesn't seem likely. Reforged models are extremely complex and high poly, so even recoloring them will most probably not be easy, let alone making new models and skins. Also most people here are in their mid/late 20s and 30s so they don't have as much free time as they had 10 years ago as teenagers. Even if they did have both time and will, Reforged stuff looks really hard to make and time consuming, and requires a lot of effort, for (almost) no reward. Modeling in this site is for fun, and a lot of work usually ends up killing the fun.
Also remember that Blizzard will sell models and skins, so people making models is not really in their interest. Maybe, it's also one of the reasons why Reforged models are so complex.

Level 13
We don't really know that, though.
Acctually, we kinda do. It's pretty obvious, when the four Daughter of the Sea skins came out. They are going to be purchasable to people who didn't buy Spoils of War. More of those skins will come in the following months, as well as some melee maps and scenarios. What else would they sell in Warcraft 3 Reforged shop?

I tested Defenders of Dwarvenkind v11 as well.

Generally everything worked really well
I was able to play through the game easily with 30–45 FPS on my nVidia Geforce MX150.

There were mainly some minor graphical issues, which I will list below.

1. Malbodion's model is dark.

I guess it should be anyways be updated to Reforged.

WC3ScrnShot_121419_135202_001.png

2. Making units transparent with Trigger Action "Animation - Change Unit Vertex Coloring" works but it is harder to see than in the original game.

upload_2019-12-14_15-16-43.png

The hovering mountain kings in the below picture are transparent but it is a bit hard to see.

WC3ScrnShot_121419_135357_001.png

3. Levers do not stand out from the surroundings as well as in the original. It is also hard to tell when the lever is used or unused.

Lever.png

4. Caves on the cliffs do not work.

WC3ScrnShot_121419_140527_001.png

5. Barrels of explosives do not have the explosive barrel look any more. In the original they had some red text or something that you could identify them as a barrel of explosives.

WC3ScrnShot_121419_142248_001.png

That was all for now.

Last edited:
Level 13
They will be free to use for WE anyways.
Not sure about this. If anyone can import/export them from the WE, I don't see why would anyone buy them in the first place? Why would they even release them than? I suspect that they will be visible only if you bought them or something, or else there would be no point in them selling them(and they have basically confirmed model/skin microtransactions).

Level 20
four Daughter of the Sea skins came out
What special "Daugther of the Sea" skins? I've been following the news pretty religiously and I haven't seen anything beyond the two hero skins (DH, DK) that are available for free and 4 special Spoils of War skins. Were there more?

If not, it's definetely possible that the Spoils of War skins are just a fun little perk you get for a "deluxe edition" and the remaining two skins are just something they had left over from their early development and so they've put that in.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
What special "Daugther of the Sea" skins? I've been following the news pretty religiously and I haven't seen anything beyond the two hero skins (DH, DK) that are available for free and 4 special Spoils of War skins. Were there more?

If not, it's definetely possible that the Spoils of War skins are just a fun little perk you get for a "deluxe edition" and the remaining two skins are just something they had left over from their early development and so they've put that in.

Here's to hoping they allow campaign units as skins and more genderbent heroes, like male Dark Ranger

Level 13

Yes, I meant the 4 Spoils of War skins.

What DH and DK skins, I haven't seen any. I only know that they are female by default and that they added the option to change the female with Arthas/Illidan (mostly cause many people couldn't stop complaining on Battle.net forums), but other than these two, I saw no other version of these two heroes.

I'm pretty sure that the four Spoils of War skins are just the beguining and the first one in line. They aren't (most likely) just a fun little perk you get for a "deluxe edition", it's not a thing they do (generally). And logically, if some people still wanted them, and didn't buy spoils of war, why wouldn't they be available if people wanna give few extra box? I'm pretty sure a couple of those skins will come in the following months. Like Night Warrior Tyrande for PotM, Diamond Magni for MK, Khadgar for Archmage, Vol'jin for Shadowhunter, Nathanos for Dark Ranger, Jaina for Deadlord, Garrosh for Tauren Chieftain(I would acctually buy this one), Turalyon for Paladin, Mag'har Grom for BM......
Of course the amount of skins, price and will there be these skins depends on how well the game sells, and how well the microtransactions go.

Status
Not open for further replies.