• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo 3 Beta is Approaching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I recieved an update on my facebook regarding the Diablo 3 Beta:

"The beta test approaches! We’ve just updated our System Check program and would like everyone to update their Battle.net Beta Profile information by running the new one. You should do this regardless of whether there have been hardware changes made to your system.

You can run the new System Check by visiting the Beta Profile settings of your Battle.net account:

https://www.battle.net/account/management/beta-profile.html"

So nice guys, go get it done so you can participate in the beta. Perhaps they will make a 4th Quarter Release or 1st Quarter 2012?

Full Blue Post:
http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=27822632904&sid=3000

This isn't the first piece of big news we have heard regarding Diablo III this week. Earlier this week, Blizzard announced that they will be implementing an Auction House, where players can sell Game Items for Real-World Currency. For those who missed that update, more information can be found here:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content...ouse-Announced-Spend-and-Earn-Real-Life-Money!

~Asomath

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
This is news, indeed! Moving to Latest Updates and News!
~Thread moved

P.S. -- Interesting line in Blizzard's agreement:
[...] (ii) you must be an adult in your country of residence [...]

P.P.S. -- This line is also interesting, considering that, by not installing the latest BETA patch, I could have kept playing StarCraft II BETA. Essentially, doing this is illegal, to my understanding.
(...)
2. Term and Termination. Your use of a Game shall be limited to the term of the Beta Test Agreement you agree to for that specific Game (the “Term”); provided, however, that Blizzard may terminate your right to use the Game at any time in its sole and absolute discretion, and your right to use the Game will not extend beyond the period of the Beta Test
(...)

P.P.P.S. --
Having current system specifications and checking the franchise boxes to express interest in beta testing our future products does not guarantee your entry into the beta test. We will grant a very limited number of people entry from the entire pool of those interested, based on their system specifications and other factors. While having an official Battle.net Beta Profile is one way to potentially get in, we’ll have information on other ways to increase your chances as we draw closer to the beta test.
Damn, doubt I'm getting in then. That's from the post Asomath linked to, by the way.

Last edited:
Level 19
Blizzard is up to something awesome yet sneaky, wonder what they have in store for players in Diablo 3, heh.

Level 14
I just read this article on gamespy saying that Blizzard is STILL aiming for a 4th Quarter 2011 release, but the date will depend on how Beta Testing will go.

More info here: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/diablo-iii/1186096p1.html

This line is also interesting, considering that, by not installing the latest BETA patch, I could have kept playing StarCraft II BETA. Essentially, doing this is illegal, to my understanding.

I believe this line is due to the M rating on Diablo games (the same reason you have to enter your Birthday before watching a video on their site)

~Asomath

Level 22
I think I won't apply for D3 beta unlike my participation in sc2 beta. It will be a great game for sure but with having to buy HotS and LotV it's gonna be too much. Maybe I will play it from a friends PC or [Offline]. Oh yea ive been into diablo 1 and 2 as well, remember my lvl 80 Druid. Diablo is so cool game, even Grubby from the pro players says he will play it. But Hots+LotV+ Diablo 3 + Future expansion of D3... too much money. Then again, not playing it is a reason to apply to at least play it in beta, so maybe I will.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Hell yes!
th_diablo_001.gif

Level 7
Man.. I hope I can get into this beta, last time I ran the system check with integrated graphics instead of my geforce so it looked like I had a much worse system then I actually had...

Level 22
Man.. I hope I can get into this beta, last time I ran the system check with integrated graphics instead of my geforce so it looked like I had a much worse system then I actually had...

Just so you know, in SC2Beta those with worst and some with best PCs were picked, to see the limits and the lower bounds mostly, They had higher chance than someone with mid-high specs.

Which they will ignore. There is a reason they want you to update your specs.

Not may fault that the app shows error when sending

Level 3
Just so you know, in SC2Beta those with worst and some with best PCs were picked, to see the limits and the lower bounds mostly, They had higher chance than someone with mid-high specs.

I saw the test was measuring my Internet speed too, so does this mean I have a higher chance if I run the test on a 0.3 Mbit/s Internet connection instead of a 5 Mbit/s connection?

Level 3
No, since the game kinda like does require a constant internet connection, I doubt it...

Well it IS broadband, and Starcraft 2 works fine on that connection because it has very low latency (ping is like 10 ms).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
ping is like 10 ms
To where? It is impossible that it is 10 ms if your connecting to somewhere across the world from you. Ping also depends on connection speed as larger packet sizes have higher pings (sending a few KB takes longer on a slower connection). 0.3 Mb should be more than ample though as games hardly chew connection bandwidth (especially when you are not the sever).

Status
Not open for further replies.