• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Open Diablo III Beta test weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
1XRVXA2FHC7T1315210939152.jpg

blizz-news.gif
Official Blizzard Quote
We're pleased to announce the Diablo III open beta weekend, which offers open access to all
players with a valid Battle.net account! Beginning this Friday everyone is invited to log in and help
us put the game and servers through their paces in this three day stress test as we march toward the
game's release on May 15. You can begin downloading the Diablo III client right now!

From Friday, April 20 at 21:01 CEST, until Monday, April 23 at 19:00 CEST you'll be able to log in,
team up with friends, and play each of the five heroic classes to level 13 as you fight to save the world
from the impending demonic invasion.

Visit the official page for a complete FAQ!

Last edited by a moderator:
After the main installation, the launcher will work like the World of Warcraft launcher, loading CORE, PLAYABLE and OPTIMAL data. Upon loading CORE data, you can play, but your gameplay won't be that good. Upon loading PLAYABLE data, you can play with most assets loaded, while OPTIMAL data will be the final assets that will be downloaded, and until these are downloaded, you might experience slight lag as assets will be downloaded.

Also, if you downloaded any other than the US version, you need to launch DIABLO III and go to options, then Account. There you need to change your server to "The Americas" instead. Then you will be able to play normally.
LeGuide.png

If you encounter any difficulties playing, we might be able to assist you, but before posting, check if I have put errors with explanations on this link HERE

I will be playing tonight, so meet me there, Statharas#2563

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It is ill advised to play the game before it fully installs. You will often get the game hanging for many seconds while critical assets are loaded. Also the assets will only get cached until you allow the installer to build the archives properly.

If you use an ADSL connection, turn off Peer to Peer as that will kill your bandwidth and make the game download slower (because uploading for peer to peer reduces your download and increases latency massively).

I'm getting the English-EU one, I trust this is the one you're all downloading as well? I'd love to play with you guys. :D
Does not matter as the only server working is the US one. Luckily Diablo III is not region locked so you can change your server to the US otherwise you would not be able to play at all.

Level 22
Ok I won sc2 beta key back from a contest, I won even Wings Of Liberty from a contest. Since I had no Diablos as I played them elsewhere, I did not get a beta for it but just like before I got my sc2 beta key I did with sc2, I was running diablo from these emulator things.

More than 1 month ago, when I saw what a mess it is - install uninstall to enter diablo game I got tired of wasting my time to make these emulators run and uninstalled it all as these emulators were nothing more than a 1st look at the game. I knew smth like that was gonna be done, so glad I waited <3 I will not be much into diablo but heck I will dl and install right away!

Level 22
^ what questions? I was level 80 Druid after Hell difficulty and level 60 others back in 2001-2002 when I played Diablo 2 and before that - Diablo 1, so I can call myself a veteran, I know that game, plus I've walked around in the lands of Diablo 3 from these emulators. It's just that I will hardly buy it but real beta not some emulator imitation has to be played. So it is just for this weekend? Well still, gonna test it now.

Level 49
Beginning this Friday everyone is invited to log in and help
us put the game and servers through their paces in this three day stress test as we march toward the
game's release on May 15.

It's pretty clear.

Anyway, am I the only one who can't connect? Am I just typing my password wrong or something? I'm getting "You have disconnected from Battle.net" and "Unable to connect to server or your connection was interrupted." errors, no matter what email\password combination I use.

Level 27
It's pretty clear.

Anyway, am I the only one who can't connect? Am I just typing my password wrong or something? I'm getting "You have disconnected from Battle.net" and "Unable to connect to server or your connection was interrupted." errors, no matter what email\password combination I use.

They surely can't expect people to read further after reading the words "open beta" right? =p

I'm not able to log in either, guess we just wait until next month then...

@above post: This is what was written on the link you wrote:

Diablo III Following the unveiling of Diablo III at the Blizzard Entertainment Worldwide Invitational, we've launched this forum to work as a temporary replacement to discuss the Diablo series until we get the entire section up and running.

So I think the one Rui linked will be the D3 section...

Level 22
On RPGs I usually read all stories and stuff before I go kill. I only read all the stories and killed 2 zombies before I got disc-ed. In the evenings it's horrible cause all Americas up and the only better time for EU when the server is not overloaded is afternoon and earlier. At least I can switch b-n SC2 and D3 lol.

Level 22
I did play for hours this time. I started my usual slow, scouting every corner of an area and trying to kill every creature, then I realized I havent completed a single quest and since the free beta is over tomorrow, I went straight for the Catherdral. Then I didn't realize Leoric would make it complete, so I killed him myself.

Then I rejoined with others and we killed him again in no time, Level 11. Brings memories of Diablo 2 that I played like for 2-3 years, the feeling is nice :)

BUT: When I tried these emulators earlier months ago you could go past the Cathedral, there was a locked gate, now you cannot pass! So the other lands are available, there was also someone to Craft Gems, Identify some things, these merchants were not here. Weird.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
BUT: When I tried these emulators earlier months ago you could go past the Cathedral, there was a locked gate, now you cannot pass! So the other lands are available, there was also someone to Craft Gems, Identify some things, these merchants were not here. Weird.
Because they are not in the beta. The Jewler is from Act 2 while the area past the gate is a later part of Act 1. The emulator was built for an old version of the beta.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
So, how do you know that? Was older beta version having access to later Act 1 and Act2 ? I thought you could play only Act 1.
The Jeweller used to be in the beta as you started with all crafters. They decided to make the game more story orientated and so moved him to Act 2. This also makes sense seeing as gems could not drop this early.

The other areas were left in by how Blizzard cut content for the beta. They are very broken however with almost no working content next to the monsters and obvious places were events would go.

Level 22
I ended with female Wizard level 12 and a half. It even became boring killing everything so easily. 3 or 4 people and Leroic is dead in a few minutes, when I fought him alone I think it took me 20 minutes. I should thank Blizzard for letting us play these days, it brough memories of Diablo 2 times from before war3.

I got 1 rare item but couldn't identify, the rest items were cheap and boring even to take. bb D3 Beta, now what follows for me is finally back to SC2 gaming.

To be honest I am pretty disappointed. I felt that the beta was a little bit ... boring, especially in terms of graphics. Why do all the dungeons in chapter 1 look the same? Why do I keep killing the same monsters? Also, I only took like 3 hours to complete the beta (which was meant to be the full first chapter) ... this is clearly not enough. Especially as there were only 4 quests and not a single side quest.
This and the fact that the difficulty level was ridcolous, really made me think about spending 60 dollars on this game ... and I was a total blizzard game addict up until now!

Level 16
I ended with female Wizard level 12 and a half. It even became boring killing everything so easily. 3 or 4 people and Leroic is dead in a few minutes, when I fought him alone I think it took me 20 minutes. I should thank Blizzard for letting us play these days, it brough memories of Diablo 2 times from before war3.

I got 1 rare item but couldn't identify, the rest items were cheap and boring even to take. bb D3 Beta, now what follows for me is finally back to SC2 gaming.

Lol i beat leoric in 1-2 minutes with barbarian and witch doc. My monk killed him in 90 seconds.

To be honest I am pretty disappointed. I felt that the beta was a little bit ... boring, especially in terms of graphics. Why do all the dungeons in chapter 1 look the same? Why do I keep killing the same monsters? Also, I only took like 3 hours to complete the beta (which was meant to be the full first chapter) ... this is clearly not enough. Especially as there were only 4 quests and not a single side quest.
This and the fact that the difficulty level was ridcolous, really made me think about spending 60 dollars on this game ... and I was a total blizzard game addict up until now!

Well i found 3 rare items 2 daggers 1 brass knuckles for monk. Beside there was ONE side quest. Find the blacksmiths appertince... And as i looked on the diablo wiki it isn't the full first chapter after Leoric there are still 2 bosses/mini bosses. And there is a mysterious ship in the town xd.

Level 49

1. The dungeons were different. My favorite was randomly finding the Den of the Fallen on my Demon Hunter, but the Mass Grave was great as well, on my Witch Doctor. I expected an Unburried, but there was none, sadly. :(
Also, on every go, the dungeon was a bit different. In my first go, for example, there was a villager in the Cathedral who said something like "Help... It's inside me... INSIDE ME!", and then exploded into a zombie. In my second go there was a dead adventurer who's ghost rose and tried to kill me. Sometimes the random Urn of Souls event triggered, sometimes it didn't. It was different every time. The shape of the dungeons, their names and their amounts were different. What I felt was the same, though, was the types of rare monsters: It seems like there were only Teleporting and Nigthmarish monsters, though I did encounter a horde of Walling bats once.

2. It's not meant to be the first full chapter, at all. It took me 50 minutes with a group of 4 people. Apparently, there is supposed to be much more content in Act 1, at least according to some people. I'm guessing that Act 1 is finding the fallen star and discovering what it actually is(my guess: The other Lord of Hell, the weird one from the Black Soulstone cinematic).

3. We were locked to "normal" difficulty. I'd imagine "Nigthmare" and "Hell" to be a little more difficult. To be honest, D2 on Normal difficulty was also ridiculously easy, and there you could actually spam potions. Here, you cannot. Also, we've only seen the very start of the game; It might get more difficult as you encounter further bosses.

Also, this was a stress test, not free gameplay for you to enjoy. You liked it? Good. You didn't like it? Don't go bitching about it, because that wasn't the point at all. The point was to check how much their servers could handle, to prepare for release.

Anyway, I can certainly say that I've had fun in this BETA, though I would appreciate it if they made it more obvious that an item is for a higher level than you before you craft it: E.g, paint it in a red\gray color. I disenchanted all of the items on my 2 previous heroes(level 9 Barbarian and level 12 Witch Doctor) and made myself a crossbow only to realize that there is a difference between a Hand Crossbow and a Crossbow(the latter being two-handed). I felt like a total idiot, but I thought it would be no problem, since you could also craft hand crossbows... Well, TOO BAD! Level 16! Hahas!
I was a level 7 demon hunter at the time, btw. About 5 minutes before the BETA ended.

And there is a mysterious ship in the town xd.

Yeah, I thought that's what takes you to Act 2 when you're done with Act 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.