1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

1.32.0.4 BETA NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    1.32.0.4 BETA NOTES

Pete Stilwell said: blizzarrow.gif

Howdy Friends,

The time for custom games in Reforged Beta has arrived. There will be bugs. Custom games are a complicated marriage of your creativity and the engine’s cantankerous habit of rejecting that which does not please it. So, say it with me now, “There will be bugs.”

We’ve put great energies into addressing crashes, desyncs, and conditions that destroy gameplay, but there are millions of maps that have utilized triggers in billions of ways. Can I get a, “There will be bugs”?

The purpose of the beta is to speed the process of getting this game ready, and we appreciate everyone who is gutting this out with us. We expect this first deploy to expose a lot of good data. Data that will direct our efforts toward the preservation of this game’s great history - and bright future. At the risk of being redundant, there will be…

SPECIFIC CHANGES & IMPROVEMENTS

• Custom games
    • Replays
    • Full map pools
    KNOWN ISSUES
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/beta-known-issues-list/ 219

UPCOMING
    We’re starting custom games on a Monday morning to give us the optimal amount of time to find and fix problems. We expect to patch aggressively.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  2. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    15 GB download!

Lots of changes and updates to the Editor!

The Captain's beard is not team colored anymore!

Untitled-3.jpg

3. lord_Turin

lord_Turin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm really not a fan of the new unit art style...
    But I guess it's too late to complain about that now.

I guess we could always import the old models into the new editor. If you cant mix and match easily.

4. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Like... what? Any cool new editor features/natives/gui additions/object editor changes, etc.? Please, share some details for the poor chaps who can't check it out themselves :)

5. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't know the specifics, but models in particular.

6. Civiliznations

Civiliznations

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    All the models that were previously broken in my map work, except this one strangely: Humvee

Convert string to id works properly now thx for fixing.

Still getting hard fps drops on selecting a building in the list though :(

7. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    hahaha! They did not even list what is updated all. One has to dream and guess.
    But I like this screenshot Archian posted. Very clean and clear. And detailed. Good job on that.

8. Isaak

Isaak

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    the editor is so broken its really incredible, since the update i had the missing icon/tooltip/art bug for my custom abilitys again, its just more rare and random now?
    You can not set the color or alpha of special effects, a lot of the per unit/ability field functions do not work, using BlzSetAbilityStringLevelField to update the tooltip of a units ability works randomly, sometimes it does sometimes it does not, how to even code such an unreliable mess?

Why try to implement custom games when the editor lies in pieces? wtf are they even doing

9. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Blizzard cannot even make a proper changelog now? Next level, eh?

Anyway:
    You people have seen how buggy the patches of original Warcraft in the last few years have been.
    Why oh why did you expect Reforged to be any different?
    I wonder how many people regret their preorder at this point.

10. darksage

darksage

Resources:
    Resources:
    highelf and bloodelf dragonhawk swapped model

11. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Resources:
    What is this "you people" stuff? Don't act like everyone other than you knows how terrible this is being handled.

12. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Another patch where i need to update nonsense stuff.
    Spells are now broken, original spells based on cripple now have an upgrade requirement.
    I really wish there was a way not to have spells broken with every patch.

13. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Am I missing something? Where can I download the beta? I don't have access to it in Battle.net...

14. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thats what I was laughing at.
    I literally were laughing here in dark room! Always... but always they have something interesting to impress us! It looks like incapable and uneducated people lead that game. And promoting, marketing and stuff! Not like professionals and experts as Blizzard may hire. Kids in my neighborhood can promote better it in youtube/facebook/twitter/other relevant sites than Blizzard's guys! AHAHAHAHA

You know what impressed me the most, what I cannot forget for few days already? It constantly bugs me from time to time. When their developer wrote in that silly patch post ,,<Insert hype about current patch>" hahahaa INSERT HYPE! What hype..... Who is hyping anyway, ... deceived people? Or we expecting some updates instead of constant silence. They were silent so long and suddenly genius came with ,,insert hype" :cgrin: like talking to mentally challenged kids in institution!
    That beats me. I am still laughing! But they are right, I am hyped now literally. I constantly ask myself since tonight ,,What is next to impress me?"

15. mwsdevcom

mwsdevcom

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wonder if new custom game list will glitch just as before. Can anyone check if there is per column sorting?

16. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I refer to the people who are still surprised about this.
    I have no illusions about being the only one or one of the few. Even I am not arrogant enough for that.

This is all nothing but the cherry on top of the other issues.

17. SharSash

SharSash

Resources:
    Resources:
    Any dreadlords' tails this time?

18. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    i'm just amused by the 'Blizzard has left the game' bug when player leaves the game :xxd:
    it says a lot

19. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Shar Dundred @MasterHaosis
    You've only noticed that they aren't doing patch notes for the beta now? :) They haven't been doing them from the start. At least they're consistent.

What I'm actually amused by is that if you look at their "known issues list", as we get closer to release and more patches roll out, it only keeps growing. And some of the issues listed have been there since day 1 of the beta. Wonder how many of them are going to make it to release.

20. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    To be fair, I do not give a shit about Reforged and the beta and have not preordered plus I am not very active here at the moment, so it is not strange that I did not notice it earlier. :p

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019