• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.32.0.6 BETA NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, do the UnitWeapon natives work properly in this patch? I've not yet downloaded the new patch, sticking to 1.31 Classic mapmaking for a while.

Tried it and still nothing. Perhaps it's bugged or team glow is not implemented yet.

And this - Player - Make <player> units deal <percentage> of normal damage

This is just flat-out amazing. It works for both normal attacks and abilities (tried Immolation Aura, Flamestrike, Blizzard, Storm Bolt). One use I can already see for this are cinematics where you want to have soldiers fighting each other, but not actually take any damage - you can set the value to 0.00% and you're good. You can also make some global buff that increases the damage all your units do by some percentage. And those are just two quick examples.

Some things to note:
- It doesn't update the damage values in the UI.
- You can't set negative values.

One thing I'd want is to be able to apply this to selected units.

I'll have to agree. However, does the part where you can't set negative values apply only to GUI or to the behavior of the function itself?

Level 13
However 10 days to fix all remaining optimisation issues with Reforged graphics (poor AMD GPUs users) won't be enough, and I fear it won't really bring a new playerbase on the long term.
I'm pretty certain there'll be an "initial patching phase". You know the time after release, roughly first three weeks, when they patch heavily, like patches coming out every couple of days. Nowadays, pretty much every game released by any company has it, and Blizzard games are no exceptions.
And I think bringing new playerbase was never really the goal of Reforged, not primary at least. It was more of a reviving the game playing on a nostalgia card, read WoW Classic formula.
Alright. I guess there's no 1.32 Classic yet. Hopefully there will be.
You know this might not be a good thing. It's entirely possible that they'll be bugging and breaking Classic on purpose so that you "have to" buy Reforged.

And I think bringing new playerbase was never really the goal of Reforged, not primary at least. It was more of a reviving the game playing on a nostalgia card, read WoW Classic formula.
All executive decisions and spending on resources is to make money. Blizzard is a company, and a company will always try to maximize profits for their shareholders. If you think Blizzard takes up non profitable projects just for nostalgia points then you are sadly mistaken.

Level 20
I'll have to agree. However, does the part where you can't set negative values apply only to GUI or to the behavior of the function itself?
Okay, so... I don't know much outside of GUI and it's totally possible I did this wrong, but I've tried making a simple trigger that uses this action on map initialization, converted it to custom text and tried to manually set a negative value (since GUI doesn't accept it). The function itself looked like this:

Code:
call SetPlayerHandicapDamageBJ( Player(0), -100 )

The result was that my units were dealing 0% damage.

Level 13
All executive decisions and spending on resources is to make money. Blizzard is a company, and a company will always try to maximize profits for their shareholders. If you think Blizzard takes up non profitable projects just for nostalgia points then you are sadly mistaken.
No, I said quite the opposite. It was always a project with a limited budget, obviousely, with the gola to cash in on nostalgia and resell the game to people who played it back in the day, and an attempt to bring back the e-sports also to nostalgic people. It wasn't primarly meant to get the new playerbase, if it was it would have been a remake, not "reforged" that pretty much turned into a graphics pack with some extra stuff in the editor, eventually. And it would of had a much larger team and budget to begin with.
Blizzard is now in a desperate situation, and needs all the cash it can get, for the least amount of money invested. As I said again read WoW Classic formula. Frankley if Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 do not work out(though this is unlikely) they'll probably have to reduce the stuff and costs, which is a terrible thing for reputation and PR.

Okay, so... I don't know much outside of GUI and it's totally possible I did this wrong, but I've tried making a simple trigger that uses this action on map initialization, converted it to custom text and tried to manually set a negative value (since GUI doesn't accept it). The function itself looked like this:

Code:
call SetPlayerHandicapDamageBJ( Player(0), -100 )

The result was that my units were dealing 0% damage.

Interesting. The fact that the function is a BJ function suggests that there may be an underlying native within. Right now, I'm downloading the update, but it'll take some time for me to confirm the results.

Level 18
Interesting. The fact that the function is a BJ function suggests that there may be an underlying native within.
JASS:
function SetPlayerHandicapDamageBJ takes player whichPlayer, real handicapPercent returns nothing
    call SetPlayerHandicapDamage(whichPlayer, handicapPercent * 0.01)
endfunction

constant native SetPlayerHandicapDamage takes player whichPlayer, real handicap returns nothing

Level 20
Played a couple of games and holly molly, the performance improvements in this patch are really nice - I went from having to downgrade to low/medium to experience smooth gameplay to straight up being able to run the game on maxed settings with fairly consistent 45-65 FPS. Also, one of my old maps went from not being able to load properly to being able to load, but having only 20-ish FPS on low settings in 1.32.0.5 to running at around 50-60 FPS in 1.32.0.6.

Last edited:
Level 6
Game runs really well. Too bad I have always really sucked at it. Oh well, I've always been more of a custom campaign guy in the end.

Speaking of which, are there any custom campaings made for Reforged yet? Or ports? Even single maps would be cool.

Level 20
Also, I think there's a solid possibility that there won't be a 1.32 patch for Classic W3 - I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if the way Reforged works is that you get one Warcraft 3 client for both Classic and Reforged, but you can only access Reforged graphics and campaigns if you have it added to your Battle.net account.

Before someone freaks out - THIS IS JUST MY SPECULATION.

Level 20
Also, I think there's a solid possibility that there won't be a 1.32 patch for Classic W3 - I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if the way Reforged works is that you get one Warcraft 3 client for both Classic and Reforged, but you can only access Reforged graphics and campaigns if you have it added to your Battle.net account.

That makes absolutely no sense, especially if they want both able to play with each other online.

From my tests, SetUnitWeaponRealField now works properly. Will test some more, but in the map, type "-range XXXX" in order to set attack range of selected units.

EDIT:
Although quite contrived, it is now possible to detect the moment a unit launches an attack via this method (assuming that the attack index is known):
  1. On a unit is attacked event, register the attacker to a list of units yet to launch their attack.
  2. Get the unit's true attack speed (maximum is 500% of normal attack speed and minimum is 20%).
  3. Divide the unit's attack damage point by the ratio of the unit's true attack speed to base attack speed.
  4. Register a timer that will run after the specified amount of time elapses (specified amount of time is based from the previous value)
  5. If the attack is interrupted during this time (most probably due to issuing another order), stop the timer and remove the unit from the list of units yet to launch an attack.
  6. Once the timer fires, remove the unit from the list and throw an event.
The 2nd step would probably be the most inconvenient to implement, but once that's out of the picture, everything else is relatively trivial.

Attachments

• DamageTest.w3m
    17.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Level 6

That makes absolutely no sense, especially if they want both able to play with each other online.

Everything points outs to the fact that we won't be able to play War3 RoC or TFT in the old clients. We will have to launch War3, even if you don't own Reforged through the Battle.net launcher, with the new menus. Only difference : if you don't own Reforged, you just won't be able to switch to the Reforged assets in the options.
So 1.32 and every future patches will affect Classic and Reforged, because it'll just be the same game. But the War3 TFT client won't be updated because... that's just not how we will be able play War3 anymore.

Level 13

I actually hope that you're right here. That would mean that Classic won't be getting anymore bugs, and that the community patch might potentially pop up in the future that would fix all the bugs. However I don't think it's likely. And that people who don't have Reforged will get the game updated to 1.32 automatically without the possibility to turn on HD graphics, access Reforged Campaign, and turn off some extra bugs. Why else would Reforged have an SD mode?

From my tests, SetUnitWeaponRealField now works properly.
Will test some more, but in the map, type "-range XXXX" in order to set attack range of selected units.
it's wierd that BlzSetUnitWeaponRealField seems to start with index 1.
While BlzGetUnitWeaponRealField starts with index 0.

Some tests made. With Temple of the Old Gods v11.

1. GOOD. FPS is now up.

On low/off settings, I got 100 FPS on my computer.

On all high/maximum settings, I got
45 FPS.

Pretty good for nVidia MX150, which is an entry level GPU. It is accompanied by Intel Core i5-8250U quad-core processor and 16 GB RAM.

2. BAD. Old custom models and their portraits look strange.

Bark Sharpnose's eyes are not well visible. But I guess we should update old custom models anyways, so maybe this is acceptable.

upload_2020-1-20_17-5-0.png

upload_2020-1-20_17-5-55.png

3. BAD. Terrain Texture is still subpar.

This is the worst point of Reforged and it is yet to be fixed.

3.1 Also, lightning bolt effects seem not to work anymore.

3.2 Stone pillars on the background, which have been made with the Cliff Raise Tool, face 45 degrees wrong direction.

upload_2020-1-20_17-42-18.png

4. GOOD. Mushroom textures now show up correctly.

upload_2020-1-20_17-42-58.png

5. BAD. Sometimes I need to click three times Create button to create a custom game until it succeeds.

6. BAD. Game froze and crashed when I played on the off/low setting after 30 minutes.

Did not happen on previous patches. This was the first crash for me.

7. BAD. Game Preview Picture war3MapPreview.tga is still not working.

upload_2020-1-20_17-47-45.png

I think that's all.

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-20_17-11-49.png
    upload_2020-1-20_17-11-49.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 77
Level 13
Question for someone who has Reforged. After all of these patches has Nether Whelp/Drake/Dragon become etherial?

Level 20
I was lazy, so here are better images:

WC3ScrnShot_012020_184811_001.png WC3ScrnShot_012020_184824_001.png WC3ScrnShot_012020_184854_001.png

You guys want Voiwalkers too? I've added them previously, because they also went from Ethereal to whatever this new design is.

Level 13
I was lazy, so here are better images:

View attachment 345007 View attachment 345008 View attachment 345009

You guys want Voiwalkers too? I've added them previously, because they also went from Ethereal to whatever this new design is.
They look so awesome.
@deepstrasz here is the conspet art: Nether Drake
https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowpedia/d/d4/Twilightdragonflight.JPG I'm just a sucker for Twilight Dragonflight.

@MasterBlaster can you show me the Doomguards and the Pitlords. I'm only asking and can't give more rep till tomorrow.

Level 13
Level 13
Why does a summoned Doom Guard wear armor but a not-summoned one doesn't?
Shouldn't it be the other way around if it is a thing to begin with?
Originally it was the other way around, and they had completely different models. Think they'll get it back when it goes live.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Originally it was the other way around, and they had completely different models. Think they'll get it back when it goes live.
Hopefully.
I don't know, maybe their logic is that only the most powerful demons like Archimonde can summon Doom Guards, so they don't just get a regular version, but a more beefy one.
The flaw in that logic of theirs would be that every Pitlord can use Doom to get one though.

Level 13
@MasterBlaster since you already have the map opened can you show Archemonde, Kil'Jaened and the three Eredar creeps, green color preferably. Think I'll be giving you rep for the next couple of days xD

Level 13
There you go:

View attachment 345022

P.S. As you can see, hero glows are pretty buggy at the moment.
And how many Dreadlord models are there in game? I'm not asking for screenshots, that would be suicide. Just do all Campaign Dreadlords: Mal'ganis, Tichondrious, Antheron, Varimathras, Detheroc, Balnezaar, Delvengyr all have their own models different from melee Dreadlord and different from each other.

Level 20
And how many Dreadlord models are there in game?
Counted 6 unique named Dreadlord models + melee model. I know you said you don't want screenshots, but here's one just in case:

WC3ScrnShot_012020_201040_001.png

Also, latest patches have added a lot of particle effects - too many to show them all, but some highlights:

WC3ScrnShot_012020_201208_001.png WC3ScrnShot_012020_201219_001.png WC3ScrnShot_012020_201238_001.png WC3ScrnShot_012020_201329_001.png

There's also this model that seems "new":

WC3ScrnShot_012020_201228_001.png

And the Blood Elf towers - they don't work in the editor, but work in game:

WC3ScrnShot_012020_201058_001.png

And finally, these two little fellas - I have to say, I really like them:

WC3ScrnShot_012020_201317_001.png

---

These will be the last of my screenshots for now - I don't want Ralle or Archian to ban me for spamming the site with screenshots :D

P.S. Looking at the images, the effects are a bit less noticeable than in-game, but they're there.

Level 13
These will be the last of my screenshots for now - I don't want Ralle or Archian to ban me for spamming the site with screenshots :D
If anything they should honor you, with a front page post for all those promotional screenshots :wthumbsup:

If you could give me one more screenshot, whenever you want to. Spirit of Vengeance, Sentry(Watcher unit from RoC Campaign), and Night Elf Runner(from TfT Campaign). Possibly the first two in blue and the Runner in yellow. They were all using the same model in Classic, and I'm interested how different they are now.

@MasterHaosis WARCRAFT III: REFORGED RELEASES ON JANUARY 28, 2020 (post #179)

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
And the Blood Elf towers - they don't work in the editor, but work in game:

They look like elven towers now, meaning they cannot be used for anything else, then?
Goddamnit.
And finally, these two little fellas - I have to say, I really like them:

Reminds me too much of a discount Protoss Archon...

Status
Not open for further replies.