1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Join the 6th Melee Mapping Contest for a chance to have your map featured in this year's Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

1.32.0.6 BETA NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Power107

Power107

Resources:
    Resources:
    A bug which may kill custom games:
    [​IMG]
    EXPLANATION--
    After playing DoTA the collection becomes chaotic. Something is wrong here as the picture highlights. Plz Blizzard make sure this does not turn a Treant Protector into Jaina as Female DH skin is turning Anti-Mage female. Thanks.

2. 4rum_Arts

4rum_Arts

Resources:
    Resources:
    I learned from this patch that all the trigger languages in "triggerstrings.txt" have been moved to "TriggerData.txt" except for the "hint" part.

Doesn't it make the distinction between "strings" and "Data" obscure?

3. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Hopefuly they have some masterplan for that and it is just unfinished right now.

4. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    And still I play at old graphics, I cannot activate Reforged models .... I am going to post this there.

5. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Resources:
    Locales adds this to the path: _Locales\(locale).mod\(filename)
    Teen adds this to the path: _Teen.w3mod\(filename)
    HD adds this to the path: _HD.w3mod\(filename)

If you use both Teen and HD it looks like this: _HD.w3mod\_Teen.w3mod\(filename)

If you use both HD and Locale it looks like this: _HD.w3mod\_Locales\(locale).mod\(filename)

Teen IGNORES locale.

In non-beta versions you can add the path yourself manually and 1.32 Beta will understand it.

For general use you're probably only going to touch the HD flag, which determines if a model can only be shown in HD mode (otherwise SD is shown in either version)

6. Augustus

Augustus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I bought the game a few days ago and I really like the graphical style. I can't wait to play custom campaigns for this!

Also really impressed with the performance, especially after the last patch.

Only thing that still bugs me graphically is the lighting in the portraits. It's really flat, which makes the picture look boring. It definitely needs tweaking.

But overall I feel very optimistic about this.

7. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Video from Wtiiwarcraft showing ingame how he has 100+ more FPS on 1.32 "classic", as compared with 1.31 (7:27 you can see him on 1.31, 8:40 you can see him on 1.32)

The takeaway from this is "classic" is also benefiting from whatever optimising they are doing, which is great for all those multiplayer maps that lag towards the end of the game.

8. Antinous

Antinous

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    That's actually a very good thing ! It's unfortunate though that streamers trash 1.32 Classic because of minor issues like washed-out teamcolors and few sounds problems, while they are obviously minor stuff that will quickly get fixed, but that optimization improvement on Classic graphics compared to War3 TFT are kept silent.
    Few people seem to notice, but teamcoloring of units in Reforged is also way better. Grunts, HH, fiends, ... on Reforged graphics, they display more teamcolors that what they used to at the beginning of the beta, and it's no longer a burden to differentiate the owner of an unit in mirror matches, 4v4 and FFA.
    However 10 days to fix all remaining optimisation issues with Reforged graphics (poor AMD GPUs users) won't be enough, and I fear it won't really bring a new playerbase on the long term.

9. BloodSoul

BloodSoul

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Those are raw codes / object ids. 'tdx2' refers to "Tome of Agility (+2)" and 'Hamg' refers to "Archmage".

10. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's what I've thought initially, but despite being filled with raw codes, they both expect an integer when edited - perhaps their GUI implementation is just messed up.

11. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Hmm, do the UnitWeapon natives work properly in this patch? I've not yet downloaded the new patch, sticking to 1.31 Classic mapmaking for a while.

I'll have to agree. However, does the part where you can't set negative values apply only to GUI or to the behavior of the function itself?

12. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm pretty certain there'll be an "initial patching phase". You know the time after release, roughly first three weeks, when they patch heavily, like patches coming out every couple of days. Nowadays, pretty much every game released by any company has it, and Blizzard games are no exceptions.
    And I think bringing new playerbase was never really the goal of Reforged, not primary at least. It was more of a reviving the game playing on a nostalgia card, read WoW Classic formula.
    You know this might not be a good thing. It's entirely possible that they'll be bugging and breaking Classic on purpose so that you "have to" buy Reforged.

13. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    All executive decisions and spending on resources is to make money. Blizzard is a company, and a company will always try to maximize profits for their shareholders. If you think Blizzard takes up non profitable projects just for nostalgia points then you are sadly mistaken.

14. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay, so... I don't know much outside of GUI and it's totally possible I did this wrong, but I've tried making a simple trigger that uses this action on map initialization, converted it to custom text and tried to manually set a negative value (since GUI doesn't accept it). The function itself looked like this:

Code (Text):
    call SetPlayerHandicapDamageBJ( Player(0), -100 )
    The result was that my units were dealing 0% damage.

15. Drake53

Drake53

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the info, I assume the locale strings would be the same as here?

16. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, I said quite the opposite. It was always a project with a limited budget, obviousely, with the gola to cash in on nostalgia and resell the game to people who played it back in the day, and an attempt to bring back the e-sports also to nostalgic people. It wasn't primarly meant to get the new playerbase, if it was it would have been a remake, not "reforged" that pretty much turned into a graphics pack with some extra stuff in the editor, eventually. And it would of had a much larger team and budget to begin with.
    Blizzard is now in a desperate situation, and needs all the cash it can get, for the least amount of money invested. As I said again read WoW Classic formula. Frankley if Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 do not work out(though this is unlikely) they'll probably have to reduce the stuff and costs, which is a terrible thing for reputation and PR.

17. FeelsGoodMan

FeelsGoodMan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Ah I see, then I misunderstood.

18. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Interesting. The fact that the function is a BJ function suggests that there may be an underlying native within. Right now, I'm downloading the update, but it'll take some time for me to confirm the results.

19. Drake53

Drake53

Resources:
    Resources:
    Code (vJASS):
    function SetPlayerHandicapDamageBJ takes player whichPlayer, real handicapPercent returns nothing
        call SetPlayerHandicapDamage(whichPlayer, handicapPercent * 0.01)
    endfunction

constant native SetPlayerHandicapDamage takes player whichPlayer, real handicap returns nothing

20. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Played a couple of games and holly molly, the performance improvements in this patch are really nice - I went from having to downgrade to low/medium to experience smooth gameplay to straight up being able to run the game on maxed settings with fairly consistent 45-65 FPS. Also, one of my old maps went from not being able to load properly to being able to load, but having only 20-ish FPS on low settings in 1.32.0.5 to running at around 50-60 FPS in 1.32.0.6.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020