• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.32.0.6 BETA NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
So... what did you guys want to see? :) Fel Orcs and Sentry/Spirit of Vengeance/Runner?

WC3ScrnShot_012120_160115_001.png WC3ScrnShot_012120_160611_001.png WC3ScrnShot_012120_160707_001.png WC3ScrnShot_012120_160912_001.png

I've thrown in a Warden and an Archer - I think @Venombite disliked her stance previously, so here's the new version. I think it looks much better now.

Also, as a little bonus - Fel Orcs vs Night Elves :)

WC3ScrnShot_012120_162128_001.png

Last edited:
Level 13
So... what did you guys want to see? :) Fel Orcs and Sentry/Spirit of Vengeance/Runner?

View attachment 345063 View attachment 345064 View attachment 345065 View attachment 345066

I've thrown in a Warden and an Archer - I think @Venombite disliked her stance previously, so here's the new version. I think it looks much better now.

Also, as a little bonus - Fel Orcs vs Night Elves :)

View attachment 345068
Thanks awesome screenshots! Thanks! :thumbs_up:
I'll give you rep in a few days. After rep for Pitlords, Eredar, Dreadlords xD

Yes, the Archer looks a million times better. She actually looks like an Archer and not like a troll nice.
All the night elves look awesome. The nicest detail I've notices is Archer having blue hair, Huntress green, Sentry purple, Warden dark blue, DoT light blue, DoC brown, all the night elf hair colors in WoW. Nice detail.
Though, does Shandris have no hero glow?

Another thing I noticed
wc3scrnshot_012020_201208_001-png.345025
Tavern Dark Ranger and Sylvanas have different animations?

Also can you check does the female Satyr have an animation where she plays her mouth organ? Like on her concept art:
2684a0tylqq01.jpg

Level 20
Can the pre-order skins be used in the editor as single models or are they limited to normal melee?
You can use them - they're not assigned to any unit, but Reforged Editor has this feature where you can change the skin of any unit and you can easily find the pre-order skins there, i.e. for example apply the Jaina skin to an Archmage hero.

FTS.jpg

The selected skin is the Jaina Archmage skin from Spoils of War Edition.

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
You can use them - they're not assigned to any unit, but Reforged Editor has this feature where you can change the skin of any unit and you can easily find the pre-order skins there, i.e. for example apply the Jaina skin to an Archmage hero.

View attachment 345071

The selected skin is the Jaina Archmage skin from Spoils of War Edition.
Does this also change the soundset or how does that work?

Level 20
Does this also change the soundset or how does that work?
Had to check that - yes, sadly it changes both the soundset and the icon, but the stats and the unit name stay the same. That said, if these skins are useable simply by clicking a few things inside the editor, there shouldn't be any issues in just checking the filepath in cascviewer like YourArthas said and using them to create custom units.

Level 20
Like you'd change the model for any unit in the unit editor on the field called model.
I'm still not sure if I understand, but if you mean whether it's possible to find skin models in cascviewer and copy their file path to the model field in the object editor, I've actually checked that and the answer is - yes, it's possible. If you're asking whether skin models are available in the object editor UI - I didn't see them.

Level 13
@MasterBlaster do default male Demon Hunter (*cough*Illidan*cough*) and a female version have the same animation? Same question for Death Knights?

Also can you give me a screenshot of a Headhunter next to a Berserker, both in red. Seems like I'll be giving you rep every day till the 28th of January xD
And can you also show me three infernal maschine creeps, in green? The only Demons I haven't seen yet.

Last edited:
Level 12
Are they planning to add "Single Player" or whatever of that sort at all? All I see when I hop into the game are "Custom Games" and "Versus", both of which are meant for online play. I am more of a single player Warcraft RTS player myself, and often do enjoy playing custom campaigns, single player RPG maps and what not.

From what I can see here, they intend us to have internet connection at all times and we are screwed otherwise. I recall Warcraft III being a good time killer when internet runs out or something unexpected happens, there was always something to do. If this remains in current state, apparently I'll be forced to eat my nails until internet comes back on and not count on this game any more in such cases.

Level 20
@MasterBlaster do default male Demon Hunter (*cough*Illidan*cough*) and a female version have the same animation? Same question for Death Knights?
Yes and no. Some animations are the same or very similar, some are a bit different.

WC3ScrnShot_012320_105041_001.png WC3ScrnShot_012320_104607_001.png

P.S. A little bonus :) Disagree all you want, but I think them big dragons look very cool in game :)

WC3ScrnShot_012320_125456_001.png

Last edited:
Level 9
Why they dont copy all the grass, trees and lighting from sc2? It will look much better than what it looks right now.
Also, an open source RTS called 0 AD has better optimisations and graphics than this Reforged. If Reforged looks like this on release day then Blizzard should be ashamed. It looks even more worse than classic at this point.
MORE IMPORTANT POINT: LOW BUDGET IS NOT AN EXCUSE AS DEVS OF "0 AD" HAD LOW BUDGET TOO
Edit:
Heres a screenshot of 0 AD, looks better than Reforged and both games have low budget...
EgyptianPyramids.jpg

Last edited:
Level 6
Copy the grass? So people can call Blizzard lazy?

I like it but it doesn't look like Warcraft at all. I wouldn't want Reforged to look like that. Besides, I already like the new graphics.

Level 9
Copy the grass? So people can call Blizzard lazy?

I like it but it doesn't look like Warcraft at all. I wouldn't want Reforged to look like that. Besides, I already like the new graphics.
Thats great if you like the new graphics but unfortuately me and many others dont. Blizz needs to make the graphics less divisive and if they cant then I bet just like Westwood Studios they will be no more.

Level 6
Thats great if you like the new graphics but unfortuately me and many others dont. Blizz needs to make the graphics less divisive and if they cant then I bet just like Westwood Studios they will be no more.

Yeah and myself and many others like them. I don't see the problem with the graphics. What exactly don't you like about them?

Level 9
Yeah and myself and many others like them. I don't see the problem with the graphics. What exactly don't you like about them?
They do not have consistency in artstyle as the cartoony terrain/trees and realistic unit models do not look good together. If they want hybrid-realism and cartoony style then Sc2 does that perfectly but the way they are doing this with Reforged is not hot for me. Unlike me you are very lucky if you like the artstyle.

Level 6
They do not have consistency in artstyle as the cartoony terrain/trees and realistic unit models do not look good together. If they want hybrid-realism and cartoony style then Sc2 does that perfectly but the way they are doing this with Reforged is not hot for me. Unlike me you are very lucky if you like the artstyle.

I don't think the units are realistic at all. They are more believable than what you see in a game like modern WOW but they don't look realistic to me at all. Can you show me which units look realistic to you?

Level 9
I don't think the units are realistic at all. They are more believable than what you see in a game like modern WOW but they don't look realistic to me at all. Can you show me which units look realistic to you?
For example his footman has realistic metals and there are many more units like that in game.

Level 6
For example his footman has realistic metals and there are many more units like that in game.

The HUMANS should be more realistic and they are but that is not realistic armor. It LOOKS realistic but it's not. In real life those shoulders would weigh a lot and would prevent peripheral view, the shield would be too heavy and the sword would not cut anything. Now, there's nothing wrong with that as that's the Warcraft style but it's not realistic. It's as close to reality as Warcraft can be but not realistic and that's actually why it's my favorite Reforged unit. Everything about the armor is exaggerated. Not to the extent of some of the more outlandish units but exagerrated nonetheless. What you are saying is STYLIZED realism, which is different from actual realism.

You need to look at the whole game not just the humans. There is nothing realistic about the Fel Orcs for instance.

Level 6
Makes sense?
Orcs are real? Of course you won't expect most of Warcraft stuff to be real.
That has nothing to do with humans looking more real than other creatures, artistically.

They're not real, but they look believable. Like if a race evolved on a planet with extremely difficult conditions they would probably look like that.

Level 20
In other news - Blizzard is posting articles about reforging graphics and their twitter page has a tweet that says "5 days until release" (or whatever). Combine that with the fact that they've finally posted the system requirements and it's apparent that any further delay is pretty much out of the question.

So yeah, for better or for worse - we will see what Reforged is all about in just a couple of days.

Last edited:
Level 13
So yeah, for better or for worse - we will see what Reforged is all about in just a couple of days.
Don't we kind already know that? I mean aside for what they've done with the Campaigns, pretty much everything else is known. Besides we're all pretty sure that there will be "an initial patching phase", when they're gonna release (bug fixing/optimisation) patches every few days, lasting roughly three weeks (it's what they do with all of their games, and pretty much every other company for that matter). Plus anyone who wanted to was able to buy and play the game for months now, apart from the Campaigns. So the release date doesn't really mean that much more than another content patch, that adds the Campaign, the game may look completely different in just three weeks.

Level 20
Don't we kind already know that? I mean aside for what they've done with the Campaigns, pretty much everything else is known.
It depends - sometimes when a game comes out, there are some pretty significant changes or improvements compared to the beta version. The question here is if Reforged is one of those games or is the beta pretty much the full game minus campaigns, some bug fixes and maybe a couple of graphical improvements.

I for one think there will be something surprising in the final release, but maybe I'm just being naively optimistic.

Level 6
BREAKING NEWS: REFORGED SYS REQS RELEASED
EDIT: heres the link:
Warcraft III Reforged System Requirements

Seems about right. It works really well on my end but I only play 1v1 vs computer because I am really bad at competitive games. I play RTS games for the atmosphere and story. I had 60 FPS even when playing at full food capacity and in big battles. It ran well even before the performance patch.

I have an i5 2500k from 2011, a GTX 970 and 16 gigs of RAM.

It MIGHT run badly in 4v4 but I don't know because I haven't tried it. I only care about casual PVP and and especially campaign content and I don't really have a reason to think single player content will run badly.

Level 9
I for one think there will be something surprising in the final release, but maybe I'm just being naively optimistic.
The system requirements prove that the release build will have 7 GB more content then the beta. This 7 GB can be either:
1) campaign maps + cinematics
2) improved terrain + shaders + all the content mentioned in point 1
What do you guys think will be the case? First scenario or second scenario?

Status
Not open for further replies.