1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

1.32.0.6 BETA NOTES

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Augustus

Augustus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Game runs really well. Too bad I have always really sucked at it. Oh well, I've always been more of a custom campaign guy in the end.

Speaking of which, are there any custom campaings made for Reforged yet? Or ports? Even single maps would be cool.

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Try playing those which have no custom imports. Check that via the View In Use Resources green button at the bottom of any map thread description.

3. mori

mori

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's not surprising. Raw codes are integers - just represented as a 4-char string, which equates to a 32-bit integer.

4. Elektrohund

Elektrohund

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks like Blood Mage's drain mana ability animation got changed from spell to channel. Looks way better now

5. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Also, I think there's a solid possibility that there won't be a 1.32 patch for Classic W3 - I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if the way Reforged works is that you get one Warcraft 3 client for both Classic and Reforged, but you can only access Reforged graphics and campaigns if you have it added to your Battle.net account.

Before someone freaks out - THIS IS JUST MY SPECULATION.

6. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Resources:
    That makes absolutely no sense, especially if they want both able to play with each other online.

7. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    We'll see how it goes in a week or so - I will be happy to be proven wrong on this one.

8. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    From my tests, SetUnitWeaponRealField now works properly.
    Will test some more, but in the map, type "-range XXXX" in order to set attack range of selected units.

EDIT:
    Although quite contrived, it is now possible to detect the moment a unit launches an attack via this method (assuming that the attack index is known):
    1. On a unit is attacked event, register the attacker to a list of units yet to launch their attack.
    2. Get the unit's true attack speed (maximum is 500% of normal attack speed and minimum is 20%).
    3. Divide the unit's attack damage point by the ratio of the unit's true attack speed to base attack speed.
    4. Register a timer that will run after the specified amount of time elapses (specified amount of time is based from the previous value)
    5. If the attack is interrupted during this time (most probably due to issuing another order), stop the timer and remove the unit from the list of units yet to launch an attack.
    6. Once the timer fires, remove the unit from the list and throw an event.
    The 2nd step would probably be the most inconvenient to implement, but once that's out of the picture, everything else is relatively trivial.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  9. Antinous

Antinous

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Everything points outs to the fact that we won't be able to play War3 RoC or TFT in the old clients. We will have to launch War3, even if you don't own Reforged through the Battle.net launcher, with the new menus. Only difference : if you don't own Reforged, you just won't be able to switch to the Reforged assets in the options.
    So 1.32 and every future patches will affect Classic and Reforged, because it'll just be the same game. But the War3 TFT client won't be updated because... that's just not how we will be able play War3 anymore.

10. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    I actually hope that you're right here. That would mean that Classic won't be getting anymore bugs, and that the community patch might potentially pop up in the future that would fix all the bugs. However I don't think it's likely. And that people who don't have Reforged will get the game updated to 1.32 automatically without the possibility to turn on HD graphics, access Reforged Campaign, and turn off some extra bugs. Why else would Reforged have an SD mode?

11. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    it's wierd that BlzSetUnitWeaponRealField seems to start with index 1.
    While BlzGetUnitWeaponRealField starts with index 0.

12. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Some tests made. With Temple of the Old Gods v11.

1. GOOD. FPS is now up.

On low/off settings, I got 100 FPS on my computer.

On all high/maximum settings, I got
    45 FPS.

Pretty good for nVidia MX150, which is an entry level GPU. It is accompanied by Intel Core i5-8250U quad-core processor and 16 GB RAM.

2. BAD. Old custom models and their portraits look strange.

Bark Sharpnose's eyes are not well visible. But I guess we should update old custom models anyways, so maybe this is acceptable.

upload_2020-1-20_17-5-0.png

upload_2020-1-20_17-5-55.png

3. BAD. Terrain Texture is still subpar.

This is the worst point of Reforged and it is yet to be fixed.

3.1 Also, lightning bolt effects seem not to work anymore.

3.2 Stone pillars on the background, which have been made with the Cliff Raise Tool, face 45 degrees wrong direction.

upload_2020-1-20_17-42-18.png

4. GOOD. Mushroom textures now show up correctly.

upload_2020-1-20_17-42-58.png

5. BAD. Sometimes I need to click three times Create button to create a custom game until it succeeds.

6. BAD. Game froze and crashed when I played on the off/low setting after 30 minutes.

Did not happen on previous patches. This was the first crash for me.

7. BAD. Game Preview Picture war3MapPreview.tga is still not working.

upload_2020-1-20_17-47-45.png

I think that's all.

Attached Files:

13. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    Question for someone who has Reforged. After all of these patches has Nether Whelp/Drake/Dragon become etherial?

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Even so, still a fish.

15. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
  16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @MasterBlaster lol that's so lame. Just an immolation FX, not a whole ethereal dragon, I mean, shark, flying though.

17. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was lazy, so here are better images:

WC3ScrnShot_012020_184811_001.png WC3ScrnShot_012020_184824_001.png WC3ScrnShot_012020_184854_001.png

You guys want Voiwalkers too? I've added them previously, because they also went from Ethereal to whatever this new design is.

18. Venombite

Venombite

Resources:
    Resources:
    They look so awesome.
    @deepstrasz here is the conspet art: Nether Drake
    https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowpedia/d/d4/Twilightdragonflight.JPG I'm just a sucker for Twilight Dragonflight.

@MasterBlaster can you show me the Doomguards and the Pitlords. I'm only asking and can't give more rep till tomorrow.

19. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You mean the post TfT concept.
    Anyways, horrible.

20. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Then I'll wait until tomorrow :p

WC3ScrnShot_012020_190358_001.png WC3ScrnShot_012020_190413_001.png WC3ScrnShot_012020_190424_001.png

Armored = Summoned, non-Armored = regular, Pit Lord = Tavern version