• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.32.0.6 BETA NOTES

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is something quite wrong with this Set Unit Weapon field Attackrange. Starts with index 1. Used onto preplaced unit variables results into wierd ranges: rifleman, archmage and sorceres summed the ranges. While inside a item gain/drop event it works perfect. WTF

Attachments

• Set Unit Weaponfield Range.w3m
    19.8 KB · Views: 44
Level 13
I for one think there will be something surprising in the final release, but maybe I'm just being naively optimistic.
First of all I envy your optimism. In fact sciences, psychology, sociology and even medicine(psychiatry) have proven that optimism can only be good for humans, and that optimists tend to be more productive and have a higher quality of life than other people.

However I personally don't share the optimism here. Simple reason, game engine. For a game to have a better lighting, shading and stuff, both engine support and budget are required. Demo in 2018 was probably using HotS's engine (which is itself a (vastly?) upgraded engine of Starcraft II, which itself was made to be the improvement of Warcraft 3's engine), that's why it had reflection and ray tracing option, and realistic natural environment (trees moving in the wind). However, the game now uses Warcraft 3's engine, just updated to support better graphics, a game engine from 2003(prehistory in programming years). It was probably their original plan to use HotS's engine, adjusted to fit Warcraft 3, but plans changed. Changing a game's engine requires both time, (fairly big) team and budget, something that the management obviously wasn't willing to provide, so the devs had to use the existing one instead. To make matters worse, WoW uses a million times vastly upgraded Wc3's engine, which is probably being maintained by a lot of people.
What I'm meaning to say here, to me at least, it seems very unlikely that they'll change the engine for release, some twerks here and there yes, but changing the whole engine from Beta to release, seems very unlikely. Beta engine (most probably) stays.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
The system requirements prove that the release build will have 7 GB more content then the beta. This 7 GB can be either:
!?

some twerks here and there
iu

First of all I envy your optimism. In fact sciences, psychology, sociology and even medicine(psychiatry) have proven that optimism can only be good for humans, and that optimists tend to be more productive and have a higher quality of life than other people.
Imagine the quality of life of narcissists.

Last edited:
Level 20
Demo in 2018 was probably using HotS's engine (which is itself a (vastly?) upgraded engine of Starcraft II, which itself was made to be the improvement of Warcraft 3's engine), that's why it had reflection and ray tracing option, and realistic natural environment (trees moving in the wind).
Unless I got something mixed up, I've seen @Dr Super Good and @Retera talk about this on the official forums - I'm too lazy to go look for the posts, but their opinion was that the demo was in fact using the W3 engine. And I believe them.

---

EDIT: I've decided to fight my laziness and looked up the posts. I recommend reading both threads:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/demo-2018-has-been-made-on-a-havok-engine
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/what-actually-happened

Retera even posted a video showcasing a bug that snuck into the Reforged demo through a code he made:

Last edited:
A quick test of Reforged Classic Graphics with Temple of the Old Gods v11.

1. BAD. The dialogue box does not appear center of the visible area but the center of the screen.

upload_2020-1-24_19-25-31.png

2. BAD. Filter graphics cover the whole screen and not only the visible area.

upload_2020-1-24_19-27-11.png

3. BAD. Units do not have shadows, even though the shadows are on.

Shadows option is disabled, though. See the second picture.

upload_2020-1-24_19-28-19.png

upload_2020-1-24_19-28-53.png

4. BAD. Cinematic mode does not have ANY portraits.

upload_2020-1-24_19-30-24.png

upload_2020-1-24_19-30-51.png

upload_2020-1-24_19-32-41.png

upload_2020-1-24_19-33-28.png

Didn't have time to test more, but in this short look I already found so many bugs, so I am wondering if they are able to fix all for the release.

Last edited:
Level 9
I match Reforged requirements, not just minimal, but required too.
And I still have this

Disabled, like him
Ok, I hope Reforged graphics will work for you on the release day. Also, I checked forums and there are other people facing the same issue so you are not alone here. BTW, where is the fel power you wanted to give me?

Level 13
@MasterBlaster last request, I promise, this time for real.(I hope) I wanna see how the Dragons look.
Can you give me the screenshot of the Red Dragonflight, Red Dragon Whelp/Drake/Dragon and two versions of the Red Dragon Roost, all in red color.
And another of the Black Dragonflight, Black Whelp/Drake/Dragon/Roost in neutral hostile or coal color.
If it's not much of a bother maybe the other three (Blue, Green, Bronze)(Light Blue, Emerald and Peanut colors), but only if it's not too much.

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I never liked that myself, but in original WarCraft there is only one roost used by a player faction,
so I guess they saw no need for it?
I am also fairly certain that the Draenei buildings still lack proper birth & stand work animations
in Reforged, meaning that we are going to need modellers for that kind of stuff yet again...

Level 20
I am also fairly certain that the Draenei buildings still lack proper birth & stand work animations
in Reforged, meaning that we are going to need modellers for that kind of stuff yet again...
Checked that and... damn, they're actually missing these animations. That's... just embarassing for Blizzard.

@Venombite - you're asking for a lot :p Give me a moment.

Level 20
I've been gifted Reforged and from what I can tell after taking a short look at the editor,
everything that lacked a certain animation in the original also lacks that animation in Reforged.
( :
That's just... lazy is probably the best word to call it. Shame on Blizzard - no one would complain if they added these animations.

---

Here be the dragons:

1) Roosts:

black.png blue.png bronze.png green.png red.png

2) Red Dragons:

WC3ScrnShot_012420_224602_001.png WC3ScrnShot_012420_224622_001.png WC3ScrnShot_012420_224634_001.png

3) Blue Dragons:

WC3ScrnShot_012420_224719_001.png WC3ScrnShot_012420_224733_001.png WC3ScrnShot_012420_224745_001.png

4) Green Dragons:

WC3ScrnShot_012420_224758_001.png WC3ScrnShot_012420_224809_001.png WC3ScrnShot_012420_224827_001.png

5) Bronze Dragons:

WC3ScrnShot_012420_224846_001.png WC3ScrnShot_012420_224900_001.png WC3ScrnShot_012420_224913_001.png

6) Black Dragons:

WC3ScrnShot_012420_224947_001.png WC3ScrnShot_012420_225002_001.png WC3ScrnShot_012420_225013_001.png

Level 13
He didn't ask for them :p
I didn't, that was @deepstrasz request. You have to understand, he has a Red Dragon's name, so dragons are his thing :p
But how nice, you even honored my color OCD fetish xD

About the Draenei, I still think that WoW-ifying them, making the buildings looks like they are from Telaar, adding many models to them, and even some extra tents(probably had different purpose and name back in the day) porves that the original plan was to give them a playable chapter, as part of TBC-ising the TfT Blood Elf Campaign. But eventually the plans changed and everyting was cut, but they already ordered those models, so they thought why spend extra money on build animations, when they aren't goona be playable anyway.

Last edited:
Level 20
@MasterHaosis - this is a bit of a last ditch effort, but... try checking whether the account you're using to log in to Battle.net (and launch Reforged) has the game added to your game list and active:

bnet.jpg

Also, since the release is now super close and there most likely won't be any more beta patches, I think you should really consider issuing a refund. I think considering the issues you have, you'll still be able to get it once the game is out, but since your licence will no longer count as a "prepurchase", there's some risk that Blizzard might not be so "eager" to give you your money back.

Level 13
@MasterHaosis are you apsolutely, positivly sure that you've bought the game. If yes, maybe try contacting the custommer support and showing them this screenshot along with the one that proves you've bought the game. And see what they answer you, if they answer at all. Maybe also make a thread on Battle.net with this screenshot and problem description. Maybe somebody who had this problem, and managed to solve it, tells you what you "need" to do.

Level 34
It says there with red that you do not have Reforged.

@MasterHaosis - this is a bit of a last ditch effort, but... try checking whether the account you're using to log in to Battle.net (and launch Reforged) has the game added to your game list and active:

@MasterHaosis are you apsolutely, positivly sure that you've bought the game.

active10.png

active10.jpg

Obviously that I have game. But Dr Super Good told me there that maybe I am not able to run it because it seems that PC is weaker.
But it should not write that I have no Reforged...
And yet I start Reforged at all.
@Dr Super Good in my previous post there is screenshot. Is this because of PC or something else?

Level 13
What do you people think, is it possible they'll be adding a couple of extra models at release? I mean mostly those that are still missing in Campaigns, like Sen'jin or Baelgun Flamebeard, for example. Maybe even some models for some units that were meant to appear in Classic, but got cut, like Dwarven Axemen (Footmen) in Into the Shadow Web Caverns. (Since they're readding Tharifas in Eternity's End Campaign)
Or is it just unrealistic at this point. What do you people think?

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Obviously that I have game. But Dr Super Good told me there that maybe I am not able to run it because it seems that PC is weaker.
But it should not write that I have no Reforged...
And yet I start Reforged at all.
@Dr Super Good in my previous post there is screenshot. Is this because of PC or something else?
Do you meet the minimum system requirements? If not then do not expect Reforged graphics at all. If they could be turned on it is more than likely Warcraft III would instantly crash.

Level 20
I'm not afraid - I know that I will end up disappointed in many areas, but I've decided against refunding, because... well, I just want to play through the campaigns with the new graphics and whatever other tweaks they made myself rather than just watch someone do it on Youtube. It might seem like a waste of money and it probably is, but heck - guilty pleasures, right?

If anything, I'm more curious... The way I see it, there are 2 ways this can go down:

a) They have a release build that's far more advanced than the beta and people will be positively surprised.

b) They are just going to add campaigns, some bug fixes, a little more optimization and a handful of minor tweaks and graphical updates to the beta client - in which case the release is going to be a dumpsterfire, because having played the beta I did not get the impression that it's even close to being release quality.

And so... I'm interested to see which one it is - I'm hopeful for a), but the realist in me tells me that it's b).

Level 13
Guys, whats up? Are you afraid or ,,hyped" on Reforged? Nobody seems to discuss anything, and game will be released from tomorrow!
AGGRESSIVE RELEASE IS COMING! or AGGRESSIVE REFUND! hahahaha!
@Venombite @MasterBlaster @deepstrasz tomorrow is day! Truth will be seen if this all was joke or something serious :cgrin:
Actually, tomorrow is not the day! The game doesn't come out till the 29th of January in Europe. The 28th of January is according to the LA time.

I actually haven't bought the game yet, I never pre order anything. But I'll buy it eventually after "the initial patching phase" what is roughly three weeks from now. I simply really like the game and the new graphic.

As do I have any hopes for Reforged, I'll just go out and say it, no I don't.
Why?
Well considering the recent events(*cough*BfA ending*cough*), I think it's really unrealistic to have any hopes for Reforged. Purists can complain all they want, but the fact is succesful WoW, means successful Warcraft 3, and vice versa. Without WoW, there is no Warcraft 3, and without Warcraft 3 there is no WoW. It's a fact. And seeing how the company is butchering WoW, how BfA patches kept getting significantly worse one after another (seriousely, how do you get from Daughter of the Sea, one of the best cinematics in game, top 5 easily, to a 24sec destruction of Mordor), and announcing the expansion that for the first time doesn't look promising at all, to me these are all signs that Blizzard simply doesn't care about this franchise anymore. BfA became the second worst expansion, sadly.
WoW Classic is not fairing any better, I heard it's loosing subscriptions daily.

Back in 2018 they had big plans for the project, but something went wrong. What?
  • They weren't happy with the pre-order numbers.
  • They didn't predict that the game will gross enough.
  • They didn't think that the game has enough potential after release.
  • They needed the team and budget for other projects.
Or most likely all of this combined. So they've basically abandoned the project.
Most probaly, after "the initial patching phase" the game will be officially put on maintainance mode, and they won't be touching it again, apart for e-sporting events, which I personally don't see being a success.

Level 20
Well, the beta is going down tomorrow at 3 p.m. CET, after a couple of hours we should get a separate installer for the release version (i.e. you can uninstall the beta - and yes, this means you will have to redownload everything) and the game will come out at midnight CET.

Last edited:
Level 6
Well, the beta is going down tomorrow at 3 p.m. CET, after a couple of hours we should get a separate installer for the release version (i.e. you can uninstall the beta - and yes, this means you will have to redownload everything) and the game will come out at midnight CET.

If we have to uninstall the beta that tells me releasing the game is going to be more complicated than just activating/downloading the campaign. Maybe we'll also get a massive patch.

Level 20
This thread on the official forums has really hurt my faith in the intelligence of our species...
Release Delayed?

@Ardenaso - I'll try to look for it, give me a sec.

--- EDIT ---

I've checked in the object editor, skins and CASC Viewer and the only Marketplace model I could find is this one:

WC3ScrnShot_012820_142530_001.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.