• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #4 - Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
My last submission. I know that I won't win, it lacks too much originality. But I wanted to make something like this a long time ago. I aimed for a boring building and I'm happy with it.

Attachments

• eiffel-tower.jpg
    eiffel-tower.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
Level 36
My last submission. I know that I won't win, it lacks too much originality. But I wanted to make something like this a long time ago. I aimed for a boring building and I'm happy with it.

The building is enviable. I don't like the environment, however. It could use some spicing up, realistic or not (like torches made of columns :D)

kinda makes us all go "Wah, it used imports to look good"

Pardon me if I misinterpreted you, but I really am sick of people saying that my terrains only look good because I used imports and that anyone can put a bunch of pretty models together to make something amazing. That is such bullshit!

First of all, you have seen from my entry to this contest that I am clearly capable of making something that looks good without imports.
Secondly, I must say that not just anyone can put imports together to make something amazing, unless they have one model that is the whole scene... which is irrelevant to this situation.
Thirdly, imports just enhance how a terrain looks, they don't make it look from shitty to good. With the exception of dragonforce, I might make the analogy to an effects pedal for a guitar; without awesome distortion the music would still sound good (assuming it's good music in the first place), but distortion and effects make it sound better. It's like photoshopping a photograph, it probably looked good before, but you are just trying to make it better.

I hope I made my point well enough.

i think its my FINAL SUBMISSION!! cause i don't really have time tomorow to work on it .. and i'm leaving for the week-end so no computer or internet connection D:

hope you like it...

sorry for the quality btw.. its in Jpg.. will get it in Tga..

Attachments

• INFERNAL!.jpg
    INFERNAL!.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 390
  • INFERNAL GOD DAMIT!.w3x
    57.6 KB · Views: 48
  • MOUHHhaaa).tga
    1.9 MB · Views: 74
what are you talking about? wich volcano are you talking about? :p

and for the foreground i already told that i'm going to work on it.. and the inferno that is too much blended with the terrain well >< sadly i can't do a thing about that, cause inferno are DARK vocanic rocks.. and the fire is green.. so meeh >< i can't make the infernal red or blue etc.. ><

Level 11
Announcement:

Unfortunately i am gonna have to withdraw from the contest. I havent been able to work on my entry the past two weeks, for a number of reasons. Class, work, my map project, as well as some legal troubles (underage drinking. [f*ck the police]).

Sorry to disappoint.

Good luck to everyone!

Level 18
Announcement:

Unfortunately i am gonna have to withdraw from the contest. I havent been able to work on my entry the past two weeks, for a number of reasons. Class, work, my map project, as well as some legal troubles (underage drinking. [f*ck the police]).

Sorry to disappoint.

Good luck to everyone!

Sorry to hear. But maybe you should lern2runfaster. ;P

Level 34
Announcement:

Sorry to disappoint.

Good luck to everyone!
Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that. You could be a judge if you so wish since you were supposed to last time. Let me know, and I'll make sure to PM you this time. :p

The judges would be me, Belgarath (right?) and Childeric then.

Sorry to hear. But maybe you should lern2runfaster. ;P
Don't try that one. My friend has ended up in jail twice for running from the cops. One time he was tired (drunk obviously) and found that the door to the mall was open (the janitor left it unlocked). He went in and slept on a bench, but then the cops came, and he tried to run and got tackled. His whole face was cut up. Second time they crashed our party because of noise complaints and he wasn't even in trouble and he tried to run and got tackled again. By a girl. Although at the same time another friend friend of mine threw his shoe at a cop and ran away and made it home (same party).

Sorry about the OT, I thought it was a good story.

Level 19
lol famous xD i still think his holding his manhood in his left hand
and lol Childeric omg USA sux u can drive a car at 16 but cant drink till the age of 21 wtf?

Level 23
I believe the contest was about making something out of doodads. Not terrain. :p

Raid1000, please don't dis my country just because you don't like the rules in it. >.> The reason they have that rule in place is because many teenagers are eager to drive a car. And, they have little experiance for the first few years of their driving. So, if you had a 16 year old behind the wheel and you gave him whisky, he'd be dead within the hour, or his passengers, or other drivers would). Drunk people don't die easily in crashes because their muscles are much looser than they need to be and thus can bend in awekward directions suddenly. That is also why they have bad coordination when walking, not to mention the obvious effects of alcohal on the mind, further destroying coordination and judgement. The reaction time jumps dramatically when one is drunk and makes them more likely to crash. Ok, my point should be made. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.