• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #4 - Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mr.Goblin: Just a tip: Infernals are usually more of a yellow-y green than yours. Try making it more yellow and it'll stand out from the dark green background much better :D

k thanks will try that later :D it ends the 26? right? OMFG!! ARRRGgg I MUST FINISH IT QUICK!! cause i'm not here for the week-end ><

So far, I liked Goblin's ancient protector the most - by far. His infernal is ... not visible, as far as I've looked D:
Famous, your guy looks as if he's a giant statue, holding a big building and playing with his wang (no offense). The 2 center trees are blocking out important view, they should be either small or not on the hill + small. I don't see an overly huge amount of construction happening here, except a cool looking statue - which isn't meant to be a statue (is it?) You executed him nicely, but he lacks life and the picture lacks construction, though the environment is good - foreground is good, mid non existant and the background is ... dull, except for a cool guy.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Final...No?

Meh. I don't like it. The trees are kinda shitty looking, the transition to the background is really bad, and the evil doom lord needs more life. It looks dull, boring and expressionless right now. Like a poorly made statue.

Well silly me, I never saw this.
Well, let's go by order:

1. The trees look excellent. Perhaps the little branch on the tree to the left is a bit odd, and could be tilted a little more horizontally, but that's a small detail.
2. The transition could use another hill or two. Or even better yet, a fence or something like in MadseN's famous fall terrain.
3. The doom lord doesn't look like a statue. On the contrary, it is captured in movement, so he can't have more life than he already does.

Anywho, on a personal note, I love this very much. I believe a little less dense fog would put an emphasis on your creature. But otherwise, bravo.

Oh and if you want to refute any of this, Void, I suggest next time you explain how the terrain can be improved rather than stressing on your opinionated words.

Level 18
o_O?

Attachments

• Finale.png
    Finale.png
    725.3 KB · Views: 195
Level 6
my computer crashed so i had to star with a new terrain AGAIN :thumbs_down:

But here is a WIP

The thing in the yelow circle is the start of the wing of a dragon.

The building in the green circle is the building the dragon is going to smash

Attachments

• mø.jpg
    mø.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 138
Big question .. should i Finish ..

THE INFERNAL??!!! or the ANCIANT PROTECTOR?

the background for the infernal is done .. but the infernal is not finished..

the background for the anciant protector is not not .. but the anciant protector is finish .. so

meeh ><

Level 23
hmmm... perhaps you should finish both and then have us pick. :p I'm starting to lean towards the infernal due to the background, meanng you'd better have a pretty realistic infernal in the making. XD

As with the Ancient Protector, I think all you'd need to do is make the background a bit easier to see, yet make it fade into darkness. :p it still looks awesome. :p Just the background is lacking textures. :p

Level 5
My picture!

Heres my picture for the contest (i hade No serious idea for what i was going to make but wth) Hope you like it:grin:
Tempel.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.