• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Emoticon Contest #2 - Creeps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
@hunalexn - Those are pretty darn sweet, try publishing it as a .gif straight from flash? Rather than converting the .swf?

Yup, that's what I did, and that's the reason for their crappy quality (they were made with After Effects, maybe that program isn't that good with GIFs)... Although, looking at them, it's not that bad either... Might leave them as they are. Thanks!

UPDATE:
- Changed the FFFFUUUU emote a bit.
- Added a DAT ASS emote.
- Added a cranky/frown/sourpuss emote.

85487d1279071178-emoticon-contest-2-creeps-ogre_hurrhurr.gif
ogre_ffffuuuu.gif ogre_datass.gif ogre_cranky.gif

Last edited:
Level 14
Good luck to everyone!
Sounds really like a great contest.
@Dan Van Ohllus : Erm... Lol. One word : Cute. :D
@AlienAtSystem : As M0rbid said, change their color to light blue / teal / dark blue(Mur'Guls) / bright green (plague murlocs)

Level 6
Just_Spectating
You probably picked the hardest race to define faces on tbh...
Maybe hydra would be worse...who knows.
At any rate, it looks fairly good for a WiP and you're good enough at that sort of thing to know what it needs, so I won't patronize you.
I'd really like to know though, will you be animating it?

L_Lawliet
That looks big.! :p
Looks very nice though, although the helm looks very disproportionate :p
I don't think it's such a bad thing though. He looks happy with it :)

Level 23
I fear I'll have to skip this, but let's see maybe I can catch some time for this.

I guess I'm back from vacation a few days before deadline!

EDIT: Meh, nvm, I just rushed something and have a result better than nothing so far. Here's a WiP :
184486-albums3456-picture32581.gif

Last edited:
Level 7
Wow, an emoticon contest! Well, I'll enter it, I'm really into animating 2d stuff and so (drawing sprites). Here's an wip (This will be an Ice revenant)
attachment.php

edit 2: Completed the animated gif, here it is:
attachment.php

edit 3: another icon completed (This time, it's the Doomguard giggling):
attachment.php

@hunalexnl: Wow... These look really awesome!

edit 4: another icon completed (this time, it's the Maiden of Pain looking cute (Or sumthing like that :D)):
attachment.php

Attachments

• Ice revenant iconm.GIF
    Ice revenant iconm.GIF
    398 bytes · Views: 561
  • Ice revenant icon.gif
    Ice revenant icon.gif
    5.8 KB · Views: 2,348
  • Doom guard icon.gif
    Doom guard icon.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 1,070
  • Maiden of pain icon.gif
    Maiden of pain icon.gif
    8 KB · Views: 722
Last edited:
Level 7
@Jaret: Thanks a lot! Small tip for your Maiden of Pain: it might be better if she opened her eye right after the heart 'comes out'... In my opinion, it's closed for too long. ;o

Would be nice if the Revenant's helm was bigger and the blue glow was much bigger.

@hunalexnl Thanks for the tip, but right now I can't do it. Maybe later.

@Debode I would love to do that, but it would be too big, and would extent the limit (40x40). I could scale down the horn-like thing on the top of his helm, and the "ears" like things to the sides, but it wouldn't look good if I did that. And with the eyes, I didn't want it to stand out. You should look closely so you could see the glow.

Level 7
40x40 is the minimum, or so i thought.

It is the maximum. I'm going through hard times (My warcraft 3 is deleted from my pc (o_O) And I can't find my cd, so...)... I gotta work then using my brain and the things i remember. As far as I remember, I've done these 3 exactly as they look in Warcraft 3.

No the maximum. Otherwise it woul not make that much sense as an emoticon, huh? :p

Any tipps on my new one?

Hmm... It's cool as it looks right now, maybe add more white below the teeth (It's transparent now, I think it's better if he was smiling (Showing his teeth)). Other than that, it's awesome.

Another wip:
I really hate it when I draw something BIG and it looks EPIC, then convert it to GIF, and what I get... S***.
Here's what I mean:
attachment.php
attachment.php

See the difference? The left one is WAY better than the right one. Left is PNG, right is GIF.

Edit 2: Completed the Wendigo, and btw, i've redone the maiden. Hope you like it now, hunalexnl. ;)
attachment.php
attachment.php

Edit 3: I slowed down the animation speed of the maiden.
attachment.php

Edit 4: another icon. See it for yourself:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Wendigo.PNG
    Wendigo.PNG
    1.2 KB · Views: 298
  • Wendigo.GIF
    Wendigo.GIF
    1.3 KB · Views: 307
  • Wendigo icon.gif
    Wendigo icon.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 329
  • Maiden of pain icon 2.gif
    Maiden of pain icon 2.gif
    5.4 KB · Views: 320
  • Maiden.gif
    Maiden.gif
    5.4 KB · Views: 956
  • faceless viod.gif
    faceless viod.gif
    11.1 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:
Level 9
What'cha think about the faceless one - deathbringer? I think it's the coolest one of mine... it's competing with the wendigo. :D

No idea how to call that stuff that comes out from where its mouth should be, but the ones at both sides have a weird edge... As if they were cut off because of the 40x40 limits... Maybe you should make them smaller, but round.
It's awesome how much detail each of your emoticons has... I didn't really care about that part when I was making mine - I was focusing on the animation. :D

Level 7
You're exporting it wrong :p

So... how to export it right then? (I was using paint (first for drawing the whole thing, then saving it as a GIF file, and then making the background transparent with Photoshop)

No idea how to call that stuff that comes out from where its mouth should be, but the ones at both sides have a weird edge... As if they were cut off because of the 40x40 limits... Maybe you should make them smaller, but round.
It's awesome how much detail each of your emoticons has... I didn't really care about that part when I was making mine - I was focusing on the animation. :D

I suppose the thing coming out of his mouth (BTW the faceless one doesn't have a mouth nor a nose (From where the name comes)) are something like tentacles. And about the "sharp" tentacles... I'll see what I can do. And about the textures and details... As I stated in my first post here, I'm into spriting and animating 2d stuff... When doing sprites, me... no... everyone is focused in doing the thing as HQ as possible. You save them in PNG format, and there you go... You're ready for a sprite. I'm used to do everything in paint (every motion... done in paint o_O), and it definitely looks cool.

So... how to export it right then? (I was using paint (first for drawing the whole thing, then saving it as a GIF file, and then making the background transparent with Photoshop)

Export it as a png from paint, then open in photoshop, go to file > save for web, then on the top right corner of the box that pops up click "GIF-128" or whatever. You can bump the colors up to 256 if you want (the maximum that gifs support)

Level 7
Export it as a png from paint, then open in photoshop, go to file > save for web, then on the top right corner of the box that pops up click "GIF-128" or whatever. You can bump the colors up to 256 if you want (the maximum that gifs support)

Lol, thanks. How's it now:
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Faceless void.gif
    Faceless void.gif
    42.5 KB · Views: 2,169
  • Wendigo.gif
    Wendigo.gif
    26 KB · Views: 2,291
Level 16
Lol, I'm just making this one post for tracking my progress (All my emoticons will be linked to this post:
85625d1279199374-emoticon-contest-2-creeps-ice-revenant-icon.gif
85627d1279201175-emoticon-contest-2-creeps-doom-guard-icon.gif
85628d1279203222-emoticon-contest-2-creeps-maiden-pain-icon.gif
85724d1279281600-emoticon-contest-2-creeps-faceless-void.gif
85725d1279281600-emoticon-contest-2-creeps-wendigo.gif
Somebody actually could make an awesome Revenant Emote! :O
Doom Guard looks silly and kinda different than the other. Don't really like it. ):
No comment on Succubus (SMEXEH).
That Faceless is probably the most awesome that you made. Respect!
Wendigo, well, he's a Wendigo. No comment.

Level 7
I like the Wendigo, the Revenant and the Faceless One, but Doom Guard and Maiden of Pain don't looks so great imo.
Why don't you stick to 'northrend creeps' or something? :O

Well... Kinda... I should do that. I was thinking about deleting the doomguard and the maiden anyway :p

edit 1: One question: May I do a skeleton? I see Midnighters said he'll do the skeletons, but anyway I'm asking, because I've got a perfect idea for him laughing, and I hope he can replace the doomguard. Plz hurry up with the answer. I'm already working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.