• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Modeling Contest #15 - Colossus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Uglug

Burning_Dragoon5 looking good! like the idea. I am also having problem finding time for this as im moving too a new apartment in a week. But somehow you always can find some minutes here and there :p

I just whanted too know does the wc3 engine support smoothed normal? i mean soften and harden edge.

Im done now with Uglug's lowpoly body going too model the trees, mushrooms and the house wich will be on his back.

ugluglowpoly.jpg

Have a good night/day!

Burning_Dragoon5 looking good! like the idea. I am also having problem finding time for this as im moving too a new apartment in a week. But somehow you always can find some minutes here and there :p

I just whanted too know does the wc3 engine support smoothed normal? i mean soften and harden edge.

Im done now with Uglug's lowpoly body going too model the trees, mushrooms and the house wich will be on his back.

ugluglowpoly.jpg

Have a good night/day!
It has turned out really good. Excellent job.

Level 3
Uglug

i still have too fix a bit on his body and the one halv of his face. And some veins from the trees but im getting there.

lowpolygiant90.jpg

/jojo

Last edited:
There's a bunch of great stuff in here ! :D

Anyway, here's another WIP.

I'm currently unfortunately overbooked, and I wonder if I'll be able to finish the model before the deadline.

For now, I just have to add some planar polys for the branches and the leaves.
Then, the UVWrap, the texture and eventually the animations.

Time for explanations: This is a corrupted form of a nature element, Ivy one probably.
It is using all nearby nature things (trees, woods, roots, rocks, ivy) to "transform" into a huge and impressive Nature elemental. As it is magical and natural, it's using both magic and ramification to get a coherency appearrance. Fortunately, its "heart" (we should say the Ivy elemental itself) is defenseless, but its size and its abilities are enough to get rid of weaklings.

This looks good :) Its seems really to fit the theme :D

Level 3
too many polys indeed

Skrab yeah I think I will keep the fingers but I still have areas I can optimize alot in. Yeah i think he has too many polys to im up in 2400 triangles atm. Uwmapping is about finished now. I have a question can i find some tutorial on how too make transperancy maps/ Alpha for gmax?

Level 5
Time too die what do i need too do to get your files working in wc3 i cant get your mdx file working :(

Yeah you need like all the texture files, there is like 6+ cause I was kinda lazy to make one big 512 map. And they need to all have the textures\ custom path on them, and the model needs to have no path.

And I am horrible at textures, and I usually make them worse once I try to fix them. So that is probably as good as they will get, unless I figure out how to use WC3 ones.

I will probably extend this

And I'd better see some entries. This is why I did not want to do this theme. As usual you guys were like NO THIS IS THE BEST THEME I WILL DEFINITELY PARTICIPATE AND FINISH and now look; we only have 5 days left and still no entries (that I can remember)
We got 2 entries. Time-to-die and tee.dubs have uploaded theirs already.

Level 26
I will probably extend this

And I'd better see some entries. This is why I did not want to do this theme. As usual you guys were like NO THIS IS THE BEST THEME I WILL DEFINITELY PARTICIPATE AND FINISH and now look; we only have 5 days left and still no entries (that I can remember)

thanks pyritie for extending this
but its not MY fault i want to go to college, have a good life and not become an alcoholic bum..... college apps and schoolwork take a long time :/
ill get work done over this weekend

Level 31
Well, I am gonna finish. D: Probably tomorrow.

Even if I don't, I already finished 2 other entries....So don't give be grief.

I will have made 3 models for this contest. And, due to the holidays and stuff, I will have only been present half the time. Also, I will have only been able to spend an hour a day for 5 days a week.

So I don't want any of this crap directed at me. D:

Level 35
I don't know if this looks too good, so give feedback please, you know what it is. And don't whine about polies, it'll be nice and square like you like it -.-"

I have a hard time saying if it looks good, as I have no idea what it is... Is it an arm? (If so, then it have some well defined muscles) An arm and a leg?

A one legged monster?

Sure, looks fine for what it is - Dunno if it looks fine as something else :wink:

Level 31
This is mai official release foo's!

SO, this is my space station. It is the longest I have ever spent on one model. (5 freaking hours! Not all at once of course.) Most of the time was spent trying to find a texture.

The idea behind the death anim is that a station this big wouldn't just fall apart, it would do this:
BOOOOOOOM!!!

So much boom infact, that it blots out the screen with light. Yep. It's that awesome.

Oh and I made stand alternate for those who don't want the parts to spin.

Enjoy! And, feel free to edit and redistribute!

PS: Yes, I know the texture is bland...Why the heck do you think I picked it? Gah. Search for Manaan on google. Then shut up. :D

Attachments

• SpaceStation1.mdx
    475.8 KB · Views: 138
  • Pic5.jpg
    Pic5.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 298
  • Pic6.jpg
    Pic6.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 237
  • Pic7.jpg
    Pic7.jpg
    449 KB · Views: 159
  • Pic8.jpg
    Pic8.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 185
Level 26
:/ mr.bob.... just.... :/ followed by a short :? and possibly a o_O

death animation.... *sigh* "scaling:3300" on a particle emitter .... i like the spinning in the stand anim... but i cant imagine anyone logically building the outskirts of a city first before the building the center ( and making them float down :p )

but it is pretty damn epic size, definitely a city i dont know why the centerpiece isnt moving/spinning... nor why it has a giant gaping crater in the middle of it. anywho. creative, sort of like your original floating city idea but this one is less fanciful, more futuristic. the render makes it e***ulate glistening awesomesauce.

anyways.... im workin on my submission :/ its going slowly... but steadily

Status
Not open for further replies.