• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WW2: World in Flames [REVISED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Heey everyone I'm back active in here again for more encouraging posts and stuff, hehe ><
How are the models coming along so far?
Sorry I might've missed some of the progress ><

Level 12
The flame still burns!

The Closed Beta signup for World in Flames closed in January 2011, seven months of tests with the selected few
followed from March till October when the Open Beta finally was released. Here we are, almost a year later waiting for
the ambitious project to officially call itself complete.

What say you, isn't it about time?

A random selection of screenshots from the Closed Beta tests will follow in the coming days!

Don't forget that you can not only follow us on Facebook and YouTube, but also join our Steam-community!

http://worldinflames.se/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=221

That is a great idea! I am almost done with the parachutes now, so maybe we can have a launch party sometime during the end of next week.

The paratroopers are looking totally awesome by the way, i made this really neat model for the parachute, which even has team color, and the whole implementation went smoother than i could hope. Some paratroopers have unique weapons too, like the FG42 for the germans and the carbine for the americans. I am generally looking very much forward to trying them out.

Level 9
Add more Players to the game :( and make it a bit more slower paced.

Add to the Scale i dont like the feel of playing a fast paced risk game - conquering 1 city and i conquered a nation... i think it should be multiple cities, for let say their should be more towns/cities in the map and things should be scaled a bit smaller to have a grander feel that theirs giant clashes i dont want Nat. China to generally win back china by only taking 2-3 cities i want their to be more, and i want it to be harder to maintain and do such like add weather effwcts and such (making an invis hostile unit with slow/weak aura in russia during winter?) make units generally smaller add more cities and such. More players too since everytime mmh hosts this it fills actually. :)

Last edited:
Level 12
Add more Players to the game :( and make it a bit more slower paced.

Add to the Scale i dont like the feel of playing a fast paced risk game - conquering 1 city and i conquered a nation... i think it should be multiple cities, for let say their should be more towns/cities in the map and things should be scaled a bit smaller to have a grander feel that theirs giant clashes i dont want Nat. China to generally win back china by only taking 2-3 cities i want their to be more, and i want it to be harder to maintain and do such like add weather effwcts and such (making an invis hostile unit with slow/weak aura in russia during winter?) make units generally smaller add more cities and such. More players too since everytime mmh hosts this it fills actually. :)

See my reply here http://worldinflames.se/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=223&p=1195#p1195 :)

Level 4
Am i the only one who want more resources from the game? Russian/american troops etc.
OnT: Played this game on a LAN a few days ago, really impressed :D

Level 4
Oh yeah, I've been thinking about uploading those, they will come. So will the new version (I had lots of stuff going on at work before christmas).

fuck-yeah-aww-yeah.png

I think i FINALLY found what was bugging the airplane cap! I was reducing it twice in different places of the code when an airfield was captured. I also removed the ammount of squareroots used in the general airplane equations, so the script should be a bit faster.
Finally, i also added automatic shared unit control for when a player leaves the game. YES, you're welcome.

If everything goes well we will be playtesting version 1.3 tonight at around 22.00 Central European Time. It will be hosted on all servers simultaneously.

Key features this version are:

*Paratrooper planes (YAY!)

*Shared unit control when a player leaves.

*Win/Lose conditions (IF Wuorma has managed to finish this).

*Various balance changes, including buffs to china.

*Bugfixes to the airplane system - I think we FINALLY solved the airplane cap bugs!

You can find the full changelog here.

EDIT: We will see what happens to this. I am not getting any word from Vuorma, who was suppsoed to do some changes this weekend. For now i am going to try making some finishing touches myself and then just host the map as it is.

Last edited:
Level 9
What's up people? Been a while :)

Nice to see the progress to 1.3, paratroopers eh? Nice! When is it going to be available for downloading btw? I so want to play it xD.
I played 1.2b couple of days ago, and I thought: How come only Germany and USSR have tank upgrades?
So based on my armor knowledge, here are my upgrade suggestions:

- USA: There were many M4 Sherman variants in WW2, so which variant should be added to the game depends on which stats you want to upgrade;

* If you would like to keep the hit points, speed and armor of the current unit, but upgrade the firepower, then make a longer gun barrel and rename it to M4A1(76)W. It's a M4 sherman with a 76mm M1A1 gun.
M4A1(76)W

* If you wish to upgrade the armor and hitpoints, but keep the firepower, then the assault tank M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo would be nice. It has a much thicker armor, something like 100mm thick in the front. Some models of this variant had the same 75mm gun from the M4. But if you want to upgrade firepower too, some Jumbos were rearmed with 76mm guns.
M4A3E2 (75mm gun)
M4A3E2 (76mm M1A2 gun)

* You can also upgrade the speed and firepower, while keeping the hitpoints and armor. The M4A3E8 "Easy Eight" was a lot faster than the first production model, and were equipped with a 76mm M1A1 gun. Some were also equipped with the stronger 76mm M1A2 gun and converted into tank destroyers. That would make the Sherman look like a T-34 though lol.
M4A3E8 (76mm M1A2 gun)

* You can also differ from the other countries by adding an upgrade to the Light tank instead of the medium . Stuart could be replaced by the M24 Chaffee. The main feature of this light tank would be the 75mm gun, making it useful at flanking armored units.
M24 Chaffee

- Japan: This one is easy. Just upgrade the Type 97 Chi-ha to the Shinhoto Chi-ha . The difference is that instead of the 57mm gun, the Shinhoto was equipped with a high-velocity 47mm gun, making it more effective against other tanks. The turret was also enlarged. Shinhoto Chi-ha

- UK: You can either give it the same research that you choose to the Americans, or give it the option to research the Sherman IC or Sherman VC Firefly. It had a QF-17pdr 76.2mm gun. It was capable of taking out German Panther and Tiger tanks with ease. One of these tanks was used to knock out German tank-ace Michael Wittmann's Tiger tank.
Sherman VC Firefly

Also, just curious, are we ever gonna get Heavies for other countries, like the KV (or IS) series for USSR, or the M26 Pershing for US? :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.