• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating War Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I am creating a project. it will be multimode, multiareas map.
That what I got for now is demomap with deathmatch scenario. In future I want to make it AoS, CTF and some other goals (like last stand).

___Map info___
At that moment, the map have deathmatch scenario between maximum 8 players. Every player own a tank with some spells: simple rocket, huming missile, land mine. Tank's cannon rotates with arrow keys (left & right) that creates new strategys, new diferent gameplay and makes the tank dangerus even if it flee from battle.
Spells:
Land mine: tanks drop the mine behind him. Mine explode on death and deal damage. As closer enemy is, so more damage it takes.
Huming missile: a rocket that detect an enemy and turn to hit it. Missile have limited turn rate and detection rande.

That is some modes:
Acid Barrels: Explosive barrels will become acid and spread acid cloud on death. The clour reduce armor and damages units around.
First Person Camera: no need to explain much. the only thing is, what it become harder to see enemy, but easyer to see it at front. Also fleeing back is imposible since that is no place to click behind of tank. Camera follow cannon rotation.

Some extra:
Camera shake for owner of tank that takes damage.
Movement of tank is slower in rough dirt.

Some things for future I want to make:
Owner of tank, that is under effect of acid cloud, will have green screen effect that will make visibility harder.
Pilot of tank will be able to get out of tank only if it is destroyed (mode).
Players will be able to select transport (will add a jeep). It will be weak, but fast and will have different abilitys (mode).

Right now map is demo, may have bugs, gliches and other things that you may discover. If you have any ideas or sugestions, I will glad to hear them.

-Fixed some bugs

for anyone who is interested, here is demomap

Attachments

• Tank Wars v0.01.w3x
    104.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Um, no offense, but Mass Destruction by Illidan(Evil)X is way better.
But I like how you can buy upgrades and the mobile turret thing. The terrain needs some work. I personally don't like it, looks too medieval for a Tank map.
Overall the map looks pretty good, but you could always polish it with some more work on the atmosphere.

Perhaps you can attract more attention.
Attach a link to your signature or something. I've seen your icons and systems, their magnificent, I'm sure if people 'saw' this map, they'd at least have a try.
Spice up the description, and the map itself. Add a fancy title or something, use some BB code.
As for the map, you can go to Google Images and use a picture of a tank as a map preview and loading screen, or you can make one yourself with your art skills.
And no offense, but the thread name 'Creating War Map' is a bit boring and generic.

Status
Not open for further replies.