• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gunship Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Ok. So I've started a project (wont be done for awhile im sure because I have very little free time) and was hoping to get some feedback of what people would like to see in a space-shooter style game like this. Im already planning out a mini-campeign that players can complete. (Right now there can only be 2 players in the map - this prevents lag and other problems)
Heres a list of features the map will have:
-Dogfight Mode: Allows players to head-to-head battle eachother in their choice arena (there will be 3 avaliable levels)
-Survival Mode: Players work together in a fast-paced doge-and-destroy game in attempt to survive an onslaught of enemies.
-Campaign Mode: Players team up in a series of missions to combat against the enemy fleet/invade bunkers/destroy cities

Playable units:
Gunship: Main tacticle fighter, players can use the Gunship to combat many enemies.
Marine: Ground Infantry, through different parts of the Campaign players will get the opportunity to battle as infantry.
Tank: Several times players are given the opportunity to enter a tank during the campaign's ground scenarios.

The Thumbnails have different images of parts I have already finished. The Dogfight Gamemode and Survival Gamemode are done. (Dogfight Game mode based off of Starfox, Survival Gamemode based off Geometry Wars)

Note: Playable demo is avaliable HERE

Attachments

• Dogfight.JPG
    Dogfight.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 153
  • Gunship Combat.JPG
    Gunship Combat.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 136
  • Survival.JPG
    Survival.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 165
  • Campaign.JPG
    Campaign.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Level 1
nice

wow very coolm, but I think that custom tilesets would make it look better... or maybe you wanted it that way?, anyway looks good so far

Level 3
SWEET, i always like games like these... i guess its because there are no real good space sims on the market. its just eve online and im not going to pay the monthly fee. 20 buck a month :thumbs_down: . well anyway, i look forward to playing your map:thumbs_up:

Level 13
Demo Avaliable!

Been workin a little more on it. I have a small demo that includes survival mode and dogfight mode. Theres still ALOT more that will go into these play-modes (more items, obsticles, multiple arenas for dogfight mode, etc). Anyway, enjoy the demo :smile: I look foreward to your feedback.

Attachments

• Demo Gunship Wars V.1.0.w3x
    144 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.