• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The War-A campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
The war is a campaign I'm working on, and so far, I have no idea as to the length (I'll probably never stop working on it, making it episodic). The main units you use are, rather than infantry, vehicles, primarily Tanks. However, you have several others you will use/encounter, such as walkers and wheeled vehicles. Some of the weapons found are Autocannons, on the Light Tank and AA vehicle, as well as an Autocannon nest/turret I have planned, but I need to find a model for that one first. Yeah, that's something I should bring to light. A majority of the models in the campaign are from here on the Hive. None of the Warcraft III models fit the needs of the campaign, and I lack the skills, dispite my best efforts, to build my own. Anyway, back on topic, you still have infantry, however. What I'm about to go into relates to infantry as well. You have two types of buildings: Bunkers and Common. Common Structures are hollow, and infantry can go inside them. 99% of them, however, are two small for most vehicles to enter. The Common buildings can be used for an ambush. For example, let's say the enemy has a line of tanks traveling down the street. You can hide a few anti-vehicle troopers inside the building, and when the tanks get in front of the building, have them open fire, and ambush the unsuspecting tanks. Bunkers, however, cannot be entered. However, you can go on-top of them. This makes for great sniping ground, or you can set up artillery on the roof and pound away at the enemy. Infantry are more for support and capturing objectives, where are more for combat. They can support infantry, however, and in the right ballance, they can work well together. I'll elaborate on how. Let's say I've got a nice, juicy Medium Tank. Has a relatively slow-firing cannon. The enemy has (so far this is a beta enemy) and Assault Walker, armed with an armour-shreading Minigun. Now, this Minigun would shread the Medium Tank's armour and destroy it before the slow-firing cannon could defeat the Assault Walker. Now, let's throw a pair of Anti-Vehicle Infantry in, and reset. While the assault walker focuses on the Tank, the trio of units pound away on the Walker, with the missile launchers (which fire much faster than the cannon) ripping the Walker to pieces. Now, let's see the opposite setting. I have that pair of AV Infantry against a Quad MG Walker. The MG Walker, which accels against infantry, blows them to bits before they can get enough rockets off to kill it. Let's add a Light Tank. While the MG Walker is shooting at the Infantry, the Light Tank, with it's Heavy Autocannon, blows the Walker to bits with it's superiour damage and ability to penetrate the armour of the Walker. Anyway, I'll have a little bit more up in a moment.

Level 2
Vehicles so far:

The vehicles the player can use so far are:

LIGHT TANK:
Armament: 1x Heavy Autocannon, 1x Missile Pod
Speed: High
Armour: Low
Size: Small
Role: Heavy Recon/Moderate Combat/Anti-Aircraft.
Info: The KR-181 "Thresher" Light Tank is designed to sniff out enemy scouts and snuff them out of existance. It's long range Heavy Autocannon and anti-air Missile Pod allow it to do just that. Air units have to worry about this vehicle too, as the autocannon and missile combination quickily shoot down most air units. However, getting into a face-on brawl with other tanks alone is not reccomended, however, as this vehicle's light armour would soon make it a casualty.

MEDUIM TANK:
Armament: 1x 108mm Cannon (the same size gun on an Abrams), 2x Missile Pod
Speed: Medium
Armour:Medium
Size:Medium
Role: Heavy Combat/Emergency Anti-Aircraft.
Info: Stepping from the multi-role and into the pain, the KR-200 "Crusher" Medium Tank is better suited for taking on other tanks. It's slightly bigger than the Thresher, and is a little slower, but the extra armour and added firepower make it just as useful, depending on the situation. The removal of the autocannon causes a loss of some AA ability, but the Crusher is more than capable of fending off most airborn units.

HEAVY TANK:
Armament: 2x Linked 108mm Cannon, 2x Arc Laser
Speed: Slow
Armour: High
Size: Large
Role: Heavy Combat/Emergency Anti-Aircraft
Info: Inciting fear in all those fighting against it, the KR-550 "Annhilator" Heavy Tank makes short work of most conventional tanks. Bearing twice the cannon firepower of the Crusher, the Heavy Tank eats other tanks for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Rather than having missiles for AA support, the Heavy Tank's power grid is strong enough to support a set of Arc Lasers; low-frequency, high energy lasers that fire in a wave. They fire quite fast, and are better than missiles for anti-aircraft purposes, but due to their power requestites, they can only be mounted on static turrets, or on Heavy Tanks.

SUPERHEAVY TANK:
Armament: 2x 200mm cannons
Speed: Very Slow
Armour: Very High
Size: Very Large
Role: Heavy Combat/Bombardment
Info:A massive shell housing two massive Backbreaker hybrid-fire 200mm cannons, the MI-8000a "Colossus"(the only tank not manufactured by Korulon Revolutions [KR]) is a powerhouse tank that is nigh indestructable. It's hybrid-fire cannons are of interesting design; it means they can fire like a normal tank cannon, or as an artillery cannon/howitzer. This makes the Colossus a two-edged sword; It can soften up enemy bases as smaller units move in, then once they're there, move in itself. It lacks ANY anti-air weapons, so it is VITAL that you provide it with some sort of AA cover. Because even though it has thick armour, a bomber will still most likely smash it before AA cover arrives.

COMMAND WALKER:
Armament: 1x Railgun
Speed: Slow
Armour: Medium
Size: Very Large
Role: Command
Info: The AGN-1 Command Walker is the epitome of walker technology for command vehicles. It can do anything a typical command group could do, ten times faster. Plus, it carries a powerful, long-range, explosive railgun. However, due to it's mission sensitivity (if you loose it, you fail the mission, and in backstory, sense your character is riding in, you die!) and relatively weak armour, it is not a good idea to send it into combat. If there's a light tank taking potshots at you, then yeah, pop a railgun shell into that little punk. But if a friggin' HEAVY TANK shows up, then you might want to think about getting it out of the combat zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.