1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Project 'Blood Raven'; Warhammer 40k DoW

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by GhostThruster, Jan 28, 2010.

1. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    WARHAMMER 40K: DAWN OF WAR

Hello mods of the Hive. This is my first attempt at creating something really spectacular.

Description:
    The ultimate WH40K:DOW mod, with some original features and some new ones. Play as one of four races: Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Eldar and Tyranids, and vanquish your enemies using tactics or brute force. This map is an altered melee/squad-based strategy map made for four players. In single-player, the player must defend their base against a Necron assault for an optional amount of time. In multi-player, the game is normal.

Gameplay:
    Gameplay is like any old squad-based game. Infantry come in squads of 8 or more, and vehicles are singular. This map has workers so you can build, however you do not need to harvest. The resource you need to produce and upgrade is requisition. Requisition is gained at a constant rate and the gain rate can be increased by capturing Strategic Points, which is compulsory for you to gain extra Requisition. Infantry squads cost Pop, the replacement of food. Each single unit costs Pop. Eg. if a Space Marine costs 2 Pop then a Squad costs number of Squad members x 2. Vehicles have a vehicle cap represented by lumber. The maximum is 15. Each race has a hero and 5 to 7 buildings and 6 to 7 units. Tyranids have 2 heroes and only 5 buildings.

Races:
    There are 5 races, with only 4 being playable. These are the Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Eldar and Tyranids, the fifth unplayable one being the Necrons.

Race Info:
    Space Marines:The elite warriors of the Imperium, the Space Marines are the most balanced and versatile race in DoW. They possess excellent infantry and vehicles. Their main tactic is to kill everything as quickly as possible; this often works.
    Imperial Guard:
    The Hammer of the Emperor, Imperial Guard warriors have the least balanced techtree. Their artillery and vehicles are the best in DoW, however, their infantry is very weak, and so makes them vulnerable early game. Imperial Guard in the beginning can en mass, but when they get tanks, they can launch an unstoppable assault.
    Eldar:
    Mysterious xeno arriving from Craftworlds, the Eldar are the most speedy of factions in DoW. Their infantry and even vehicles are built for fast, precise and deadily assaults. Even so, their vehicles are physically weaker than any other races, exchanging mobility for endurance.
    Tyranids:
    The Devourers of life are extraterrestrial beings from beyond the Eastern Fringe. Tyranids are the 'Zergish' race, being full organic and excellent for en massing. However, most of their units are weak, with the exception of Carnifexes.

Screenshots:
    Space Marine Army
    [​IMG]
    Imperial Guard Army
    [​IMG]
    Tyranid Army
    [​IMG]
    Eldar Army
    [​IMG]

Credits:
    Well about 9/10 of models are created by Mechanical Man, Pyramidhe@d, Burning_Dragoon5 and kils4r. Credits to those guys as well as all others.

Progress:
    I'd say this map is 75& completed. All object data is finished, neat and tidy, however, I have yet to do triggering. Once close enough to completion I'll attach the map so everyone can have a go and test it. And please, comment, suggest, criticize, complain, whatever! Just write something as long as it is encouraging, helpful or informative.

View attachment 74529

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  2. LsK_LaDyGaGa

LsK_LaDyGaGa

Resources:
    Resources:
    1st comment. Very nice. I would lvoe to join the team if ya having one. I lvoe squad absed fighting. Pm me.

3. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Nahhh...No team is needed. Making a map like this is simpler than you'd think. However, I could use some modellers. Thanks anyway.

Come on people, more commenting!!!

4. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    I sa it.Honestly i dont like future things in wc3 but i thnik this map ll be very good and fun.

5. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    How is supposed to be single player version?

6. kevin101olorvida

kevin101olorvida

Resources:
    Resources:
  7. Snarewave

Snarewave

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Dwarf Rifleman in the 2nd screenie is outta place. Hes too shiny compared to the others.

8. HaPpY sAdIsT

HaPpY sAdIsT

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks good,
    Can't wait to play it as it looks far better than all the other 40k maps that I've seen to date. Good luck.

(Beta tests any time soon?)

9. Dr. House

Dr. House

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    why the hack do you make the necrons not playable XD ffs make them playable plz i like the necrons.

10. blancsoir

blancsoir

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    having played 40k, its an awesome idea, and i can tell its only in its infantile stage since the terrain seems to be next to none, but i like the idea.
    good luck

11. Snarewave

Snarewave

Resources:
    Resources:
  12. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    In single-player, a necron army will spawn from the centrem such as in TDs and Castle defenses. You must defend your base from these necrons, you can nor counter-attack as they have no base. As time progresses, the necrons become stronger and stronger. After an optional amount of time, if you have survived that long, you win!

I'll attach a map file, but I must warn you SQUADS ARE NOT AVAILABLE AS OF YET.

I didn't make the necrons because
    a) There aren't enough models and I don't wanna use a Necropolis as a monolith or something even shittier.
    b) When there are Necrons, there is no such thing as balance. They would kill everyone.

Thank you for the Leman Russ model, +rep for you.

13. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So no story based single player?

14. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Oh, you made the model, plus rep for you! This map isn't story-oriented.

15. supertoinkz

supertoinkz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    nice
    you really need to change the icons :p (advertise XDXD)

and some models don't fit cause they have that hero glow
    also that rifleman really don't fit

16. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    There are a limited amount of WH40K models. Most of them are made by Pyramidhead, but his models all have glows, and I don't know if the glow remover takes their glows. The Rifleman was the closest model to a Veteran commisar, unless you can make something better.

Do you think I should make the icons more Warcraft-ish or more Warhammer 40k-ish?

17. supertoinkz

supertoinkz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    its warcraft dude, not warhammer, make the icons warcraftish
    but its up to you :)

but oh well
    as I said to you via visitor message, I'll improve it through a mod

18. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
  19. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This looks closer to kommissar than that rifleman. It's only a weapon that doesn't fit, but still better than rifleman, which is also massive in filesize.

20. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I know. Okay, thank you.