• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project 'Blood Raven'; Warhammer 40k DoW

Status
Not open for further replies.
WARHAMMER 40K: DAWN OF WAR

Hello mods of the Hive. This is my first attempt at creating something really spectacular.

Description:
The ultimate WH40K:DOW mod, with some original features and some new ones. Play as one of four races: Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Eldar and Tyranids, and vanquish your enemies using tactics or brute force. This map is an altered melee/squad-based strategy map made for four players. In single-player, the player must defend their base against a Necron assault for an optional amount of time. In multi-player, the game is normal.

Gameplay:
Gameplay is like any old squad-based game. Infantry come in squads of 8 or more, and vehicles are singular. This map has workers so you can build, however you do not need to harvest. The resource you need to produce and upgrade is requisition. Requisition is gained at a constant rate and the gain rate can be increased by capturing Strategic Points, which is compulsory for you to gain extra Requisition. Infantry squads cost Pop, the replacement of food. Each single unit costs Pop. Eg. if a Space Marine costs 2 Pop then a Squad costs number of Squad members x 2. Vehicles have a vehicle cap represented by lumber. The maximum is 15. Each race has a hero and 5 to 7 buildings and 6 to 7 units. Tyranids have 2 heroes and only 5 buildings.

Races:
There are 5 races, with only 4 being playable. These are the Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Eldar and Tyranids, the fifth unplayable one being the Necrons.

Race Info:
Space Marines:The elite warriors of the Imperium, the Space Marines are the most balanced and versatile race in DoW. They possess excellent infantry and vehicles. Their main tactic is to kill everything as quickly as possible; this often works.
Imperial Guard:
The Hammer of the Emperor, Imperial Guard warriors have the least balanced techtree. Their artillery and vehicles are the best in DoW, however, their infantry is very weak, and so makes them vulnerable early game. Imperial Guard in the beginning can en mass, but when they get tanks, they can launch an unstoppable assault.
Eldar:
Mysterious xeno arriving from Craftworlds, the Eldar are the most speedy of factions in DoW. Their infantry and even vehicles are built for fast, precise and deadily assaults. Even so, their vehicles are physically weaker than any other races, exchanging mobility for endurance.
Tyranids:
The Devourers of life are extraterrestrial beings from beyond the Eastern Fringe. Tyranids are the 'Zergish' race, being full organic and excellent for en massing. However, most of their units are weak, with the exception of Carnifexes.

Screenshots:
Space Marine Army
176529-albums2866-picture23811.jpg

Imperial Guard Army
176529-albums2866-picture23812.jpg

Tyranid Army
176529-albums2866-picture23813.jpg

Eldar Army
176529-albums2866-picture23814.jpg

Credits:
Well about 9/10 of models are created by Mechanical Man, Pyramidhe@d, Burning_Dragoon5 and kils4r. Credits to those guys as well as all others.

Progress:
I'd say this map is 75& completed. All object data is finished, neat and tidy, however, I have yet to do triggering. Once close enough to completion I'll attach the map so everyone can have a go and test it. And please, comment, suggest, criticize, complain, whatever! Just write something as long as it is encouraging, helpful or informative.

View attachment 74529

Last edited:
Level 3
Looks good,
Can't wait to play it as it looks far better than all the other 40k maps that I've seen to date. Good luck.

(Beta tests any time soon?)

In single-player, a necron army will spawn from the centrem such as in TDs and Castle defenses. You must defend your base from these necrons, you can nor counter-attack as they have no base. As time progresses, the necrons become stronger and stronger. After an optional amount of time, if you have survived that long, you win!

I'll attach a map file, but I must warn you SQUADS ARE NOT AVAILABLE AS OF YET.

I didn't make the necrons because
a) There aren't enough models and I don't wanna use a Necropolis as a monolith or something even shittier.
b) When there are Necrons, there is no such thing as balance. They would kill everyone.

Thank you for the Leman Russ model, +rep for you.

There are a limited amount of WH40K models. Most of them are made by Pyramidhead, but his models all have glows, and I don't know if the glow remover takes their glows. The Rifleman was the closest model to a Veteran commisar, unless you can make something better.

Do you think I should make the icons more Warcraft-ish or more Warhammer 40k-ish?

Level 15
I tested the map.Honestly i dont like it cuz there is a lot non wc3 models and icons ( i know thats the best u can find).I think its better 2 make your map Battle for Outland and your rpg!

Level 4
Map is near completion. Squads are now available and necrons are added. However, there is a bug; when you order a squad to move, it will sometimes go back to the barracks it came from. I'll update soon. Please keep posting people!

Well I told you you could add them.
This time dont let the squads run off out of their group. if someone made a nice model that had multiple models in it that made it look like a group, that would be awesome for these style maps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.